Looking for "The Division" team members!

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
I just picked up Tom Clancy's The Division and I've been on the lookout for this since it first debuted years ago, it's changed a bit since then but I think it still has the potential to be an amazing game. If you haven't heard of it then please look it up, it's the closest competitor to a Destiny style game I can think of and I personally think it's looking awesome at the moment. I get a "Gears of War, Destiny, MMORPG smash up" feel out of it.

I think it won't be nearly as fun playing it alone as it will be with a team of friends and at this point nobody that I know is picking up the game at launch. This happened to me when I first got into Destiny and it took me a while to find a handful of people that I got along with and could play the game, use voice chat AND not be 12 year old imbeciles. I am now a member a TEST and I hope that somebody here is also waiting for the game to be downloadable so they can get their apocalypse on!

If you're looking for an adult player who will be tackling this game with a fun and serious mind set then contact me. I'd like to start getting some people added to my list for the Beta which will be out in the next few weeks so we can do a test run together if at all possible.

Reactions: GeneticPredator

Vimes

Captain
Dec 6, 2015
RSI Handle
VIIMES
Im not sure, a shooter where you have to shoot 2-3 mags of ammo in a enemies head in order for him to die? mkay, not sure this game is for me.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Im not sure, a shooter where you have to shoot 2-3 mags of ammo in a enemies head in order for him to die? mkay, not sure this game is for me.
I have a feeling this game will be another unisoft trap. "Ooohh aaah pretty graphics" then nerf thise to the ground with repetitive gameplay and clumsy controls.

Reactions: D3Mark

Vimes

Captain
Dec 6, 2015
RSI Handle
VIIMES
The gameplay looks kinda cool tough, alltough the game is falsely advertised as an MMO. As i understand it, when you enter the PvE world/city with your 4 man group you wont be able to meet up with other people, its a separate instance of the world map just for your group of players.

The only time you will meet other players are in the PvP zone, and i havent seen the actual number of players the PvP zone can hold. It might aswell be 16 players, and thats not exactly massively multiplayer.

The game simply aint got a persistent gameworld where you can meet up with other players as a regular MMO.

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
OP, are u going to play on PC? I might pick it up depending on reviews.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
I've been really tempted to pick this up for PC. Not sure I'll be able to pre-order until next month, but the beta is supposed to open up for pre-orders on January 29th for PC. We should be able to find out a little more then. I figure that there will be some TESTies on there to team up with. If it's only friends only except in PVP zones then I might be a little more reluctant to want to get it. But from what I've seen, there was a guy who jumped in on his tablet for a brief period to give a hand.

Vimes

Captain
Dec 6, 2015
RSI Handle
VIIMES
I've been really tempted to pick this up for PC. Not sure I'll be able to pre-order until next month, but the beta is supposed to open up for pre-orders on January 29th for PC. We should be able to find out a little more then. I figure that there will be some TESTies on there to team up with. If it's only friends only except in PVP zones then I might be a little more reluctant to want to get it. But from what I've seen, there was a guy who jumped in on his tablet for a brief period to give a hand.

The Beta only lasts for 3 days wich is dissapointing, no point in preordering if you only get 3 days access to the beta, also the tablet app is cancelled. The ability to meet other people other then your own group members in the PvE world is cancelled.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I have been waiting for a good co-op style story driven game, so far this looks decent for me and the style I enjoy I will be pre-ordering it and waiting for Ghost Recon Wildlands another story driven co-op style game as well. Everyone has their preferences for me co-op is what I enjoy, its the main reason I am looking forward to SC as well playing in a group and working together, if I wanted to 1on1 everything I will still be playing COD and spawn camping people.

Hope to see you in The Division!

Raevan

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2015
RSI Handle
Raevan
Hi, I have pre-ordered for PC and looking forward to it. Looks like more fun in co-op mode, add me to the list. Reminds me of Mass Effect style play which I enjoyed on all 3 games.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
The Beta only lasts for 3 days wich is dissapointing, no point in preordering if you only get 3 days access to the beta, also the tablet app is cancelled. The ability to meet other people other then your own group members in the PvE world is cancelled.
So far from what I can tell, the "Dark Zones" will still be open world. It's supposedly the high end loot area. As far as it NOT being open world like SC for the PVE aspect, doesn't matter to me one way or the other. What bugs me now is that it appears to be them charging normal full price for a game then wanting to have microtransaction/paid DLC to open up other areas. I did laugh when I seen read that they canceled the app because it would seem unfair.

EDIT: I didn't see anything that stated that the upcoming beta is only three days. However, I did find this.

Last edited:

Vimes

Captain
Dec 6, 2015
RSI Handle
VIIMES
So far from what I can tell, the "Dark Zones" will still be open world. It's supposedly the high end loot area. As far as it NOT being open world like SC for the PVE aspect, doesn't matter to me one way or the other. What bugs me now is that it appears to be them charging normal full price for a game then wanting to have microtransaction/paid DLC to open up other areas. I did laugh when I seen read that they canceled the app because it would seem unfair.

EDIT: I didn't see anything that stated that the upcoming beta is only three days. However, I did find this.
It dont bother me that the game aint an MMO as advertised, advertising it as 4 player Coop and 16-20 players in the darkzone would have sufficed to me (theres only one Darkzone now instead of the multiple Darkzones that was advertised in the beginning).

It does bother me that they advertise the beta access when preordering the game, when the beta only lasts 3 days. The impression i got when i read the preorder and get access to the Beta was just that, Beta access untill release of the game.

The Division's beta will run from 28th-31st January on Xbox One, Ubisoft has announced.

PC and PlayStation 4 owners then get the beta from 29th-31st January - so a day less in total.

Ubisoft just revealed the dates via The Division's Twitter page. Access is open to everyone who has pre-ordered the game, as well as folk who sign up to the waiting list on Ubisoft's site.
The removal of the Tablet app dont bother me at all, the graphics nerf dont bother me that much either, not being able to meet other people in the PvE world dont bother me that much (it would have been cool tough) other then the e3 trailer holds alot of stuff that drew peoples attention to the game in the first place, and then it did not make it into the real game.

The game still looks cool tough and theres a big chance that i will end up getting it.

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Hi, I have pre-ordered for PC and looking forward to it. Looks like more fun in co-op mode, add me to the list. Reminds me of Mass Effect style play which I enjoyed on all 3 games.
Could you PM me your steam info and I'll add you

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
I just got to read and catch up on the thread, to clarify I have the PC version so if you're playing through Steam or whatever then PM me your info and we'll get the ball rolling :)

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
It dont bother me that the game aint an MMO as advertised, advertising it as 4 player Coop and 16-20 players in the darkzone would have sufficed to me (theres only one Darkzone now instead of the multiple Darkzones that was advertised in the beginning).

It does bother me that they advertise the beta access when preordering the game, when the beta only lasts 3 days. The impression i got when i read the preorder and get access to the Beta was just that, Beta access untill release of the game.

The removal of the Tablet app dont bother me at all, the graphics nerf dont bother me that much either, not being able to meet other people in the PvE world dont bother me that much (it would have been cool tough) other then the e3 trailer holds alot of stuff that drew peoples attention to the game in the first place, and then it did not make it into the real game.

The game still looks cool tough and theres a big chance that i will end up getting it.
Not gonna lie....I'm extremely disappointed that Ubisoft would pull that crap of making a teaser to get everybody's attention that take all the big attention grabbers away. That being said, I've only played assassin's creed 1 through black flag on ps3 and ghost recon online (the only ones I can think of at the moment) and I have yet to be disappointed.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Im down to join, although I still have yet to decide on xbox one version or pc version...ill probably end up with PC anyways

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
I've had alot of interest in this game however, I've been burned so hard by games like this I.e. destiny,that I probably will wait until the reviews are out.

The giant turd and cash grab Destiny was and still is, has forever changed the way I buy games, I'll never preorder again.

Reactions: RipVanDan

JBWill

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 11, 2014
RSI Handle
JBWill
I managed to get guaranteed beta access without preordering from a humble bundle last week - I'm definitely looking forward to trying it out if I have time. I wanted to play it at PAX, but the line was always stupid.

I'll never preorder again.
*cough*

:P

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
After further reading it seems to me that some things may have just been held back due to time constraints. Lack of payer trading in a game where loot is made to seem to be a big deal was one of those low priority things. Lack of the other dark zones is probably due to time constraints as well. I mean game has been delayed 2 years already.

Also, 3 day only Beta seems more like a way to get people to preorder without telling them that they only get a few days to play. Will also keep you from full experience to decide if you don't like it to try for refund. Also makes the humble bundle preorder option a little more silly.

Reactions: KingNerd

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
After further reading it seems to me that some things may have just been held back due to time constraints. Lack of payer trading in a game where loot is made to seem to be a big deal was one of those low priority things. Lack of the other dark zones is probably due to time constraints as well. I mean game has been delayed 2 years already.

Also, 3 day only Beta seems more like a way to get people to preorder without telling them that they only get a few days to play. Will also keep you from full experience to decide if you don't like it to try for refund. Also makes the humble bundle preorder option a little more silly.
Yeah the more I read about the game and it's "issues" the more it seems like a patch job of partial features that will be another $150 game if you want DLC before they add micro transactions and the like.
I hope my impressions are wrong but after the model that halo, destiny and others have paved, it only leads to these giant cash grabs with flashy ad campaigns that yield sub-par games, heavy on promises and light on substance.

I hate the way the game industry is now, which is why I'm so happy to support Star Citizen i guess.

Vimes

Captain
Dec 6, 2015
RSI Handle
VIIMES
Yeah the more I read about the game and it's "issues" the more it seems like a patch job of partial features that will be another $150 game if you want DLC before they add micro transactions and the like.
I hope my impressions are wrong but after the model that halo, destiny and others have paved, it only leads to these giant cash grabs with flashy ad campaigns that yield sub-par games, heavy on promises and light on substance.

I hate the way the game industry is now, which is why I'm so happy to support Star Citizen i guess.
I think your impressions are correct, at first they launch an kickass E3 gameplay trailer with awesome graphics, an MMO style HUGE gameworld where you can meet other players/groups, an tablet app where you wich you can control drones and shit.

And then

- Graphics downgraded
- No tablet app
- Map size nerf
- Removal of several Darkzones (one remain)
- No ability to meet other people in the gameworld except the 3 other players you enter with (exception is in the 20 player Darkzone, and "social hubs")
- No trading system
- No clans (according to Angry Joes preview)

And they announce that you get Beta Access if you preorder, but you have to search for the information that the beta only lasts 3 days.

Well the warning bells are ringing with this one, if i could i would vote with my creditcard on this one, but since im an person addicted to gaming, i will end up buying the game anyway since theres fuck all to play at the moment.

God damn, i have to blame the Executives of Ubisoft for the nerf of the game tough, i really belive that the Devs had all this shit working ingame, but when they stepped up to the Executives and presented the cost for the backend to run it all, then they freaked out, too many servers, too much bandwith, too much personell to maintain the backend, nerf the game and come back.

Reactions: Canesman
Forgot your password?