Looking for "The Division" team members!

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Also, 3 day only Beta seems more like a way to get people to preorder without telling them that they only get a few days to play. Will also keep you from full experience to decide if you don't like it to try for refund. Also makes the humble bundle preorder option a little more silly.
One thing I did double check on steam was my ability to fully refund the game after the beta if the game sucks. They also give you 48 hours after release to play the game and still get a full refund, but only if you play it for less than 2 hours during the game. So yeah, if you play the hell out of the beta then that's going to be your closest chance to decide on the "keep or burn" for The Division. Of course I've never known any game to be the kind to offer a full refund after you reach the end just because you decide that it's not as long or as in depth as you want it to be.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I got my beta key, If the R6 beta is any indication we may see a longer beta then what they are telling us now. very hyped for this game, all the people that have played it have said mostly positive things.
EDIT here is 50 mins of game play....

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
I got my beta key, If the R6 beta is any indication we may see a longer beta then what they are telling us now. very hyped for this game, all the people that have played it have said mostly positive things.
EDIT here is 50 mins of game play....
It does look interesting and I hope it isn't victim to all the short falls that seem to be emerging but just because people who got early access (and who had to sign NDA to get access) praise it doesn't mean that its what it seems. (any video you can see now is all sponsored content or massively limited by NDAs so we really haven't seen what the game is with out the UbIsoft filter applied.)

This same recourse was played out with so many games , HALO, Destiny, Watch dogs, AC IV ect UBi soft has a super bad history of the bait and switch and cherry picking things to only show there game in the best possible light.
I want it to be good I want it to have great end game that is fun for the long term with out the BS price model that charges you for every little thing after the base content dries up 2 weeks in.
I guess my summation is that pre-ordering is a cancer on gaming that developers are happy to exploit rather then making a game that holds up and is genuinely good.
Your money and your decision but based on history I'm far less trusting. As long as customers keep tolerating poor practices companies will continue to be deceitful.
If the game goes live and is what I hope, I'll be happy to buy a copy.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
It does look interesting and I hope it isn't victim to all the short falls that seem to be emerging but just because people who got early access (and who had to sign NDA to get access) praise it doesn't mean that its what it seems. (any video you can see now is all sponsored content or massively limited by NDAs so we really haven't seen what the game is with out the UbIsoft filter applied.)

This same recourse was played out with so many games , HALO, Destiny, Watch dogs, AC IV ect UBi soft has a super bad history of the bait and switch and cherry picking things to only show there game in the best possible light.
I want it to be good I want it to have great end game that is fun for the long term with out the BS price model that charges you for every little thing after the base content dries up 2 weeks in.
I guess my summation is that pre-ordering is a cancer on gaming that developers are happy to exploit rather then making a game that holds up and is genuinely good.
Your money and your decision but based on history I'm far less trusting. As long as customers keep tolerating poor practices companies will continue to be deceitful.
If the game goes live and is what I hope, I'll be happy to buy a copy.
total understand. I have youtubes that I trust because they have been honest with the community in the past, and have called out the people that have needed to be called out. I hate pre-orders too. (irony: star citizen, biggest pre-order EVER) I picked up the game from Steam, so if it is crap I will return it for a full money refund. but in the end everyone has to do what is right for them.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
For anyone that wants to join up with me, really want to focus on getting a good sniper rifle, with an SMG as my second. and yes I know I will be able to change my abilities on the fly, however I am planning on maxing out ranged dmg and medic abilities as much as I can, as that tends to be my play style.

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
[QUOTE=" (irony: star citizen, biggest pre-order EVER) I picked up the game from Steam, so if it is crap I will return it for a full money refund. but in the end everyone has to do what is right for them.[/QUOTE]

LoL yeah i was thinking that as i was writing. I have my quasi justifications and mental work arounds but good point.

Smart going the steam route I wasn't aware you could do that with pre-orders. At least some action to curb the bad practices is being taken.
Lets hope its a solid game!

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
Yeah the more I read about the game and it's "issues" the more it seems like a patch job of partial features that will be another $150 game if you want DLC before they add micro transactions and the like.
I hope my impressions are wrong but after the model that halo, destiny and others have paved, it only leads to these giant cash grabs with flashy ad campaigns that yield sub-par games, heavy on promises and light on substance.

I hate the way the game industry is now, which is why I'm so happy to support Star Citizen i guess.
That was my first thought when I read that they will have DLC......I was just imagining the big wigs at Ubi, saying "cha ching" w/ $$ in their eyes. Though, CCP started small just like CIG. Small group of people with an amazing idea. Started up a company using an acronym of 3 letters. CCP ended up growing too big for their own pants. Though, they tend to listen and do their best to give the people what they want, unlike some of the bigger companies like Ubisoft, that only cares about lining their pockets so they just play it safe or turn everything into DLC.

Well the warning bells are ringing with this one, if i could i would vote with my creditcard on this one, but since im an person addicted to gaming, i will end up buying the game anyway since theres fuck all to play at the moment.
THIS

Vimes

Captain
Dec 6, 2015
RSI Handle
VIIMES
I got a key to the 3 day Beta from Nvidia, so atleast i get to try the game without putting any money down on a preorder.

DontTouchMyHoHos

Space Marshal
Apr 4, 2015
RSI Handle
DontTouchMyHoHos
So after reading some post here ther seems to be some misinformation in small terms. The game developers themselves never classified this game as a mmo, that is just retarded media bs that classifies stupid games like destiny as a mmo or lost ark etc. Also mentioned is the ability to meet people in the pve environment was never put out as a thing by the developers. There is even some media outlets out there that failed to realize the game was a rpg as it has always been from the getcko and in terms of the game changing a bit from ops perspective? I've followed the game since initial media release and have participated in the Alpha, the only thing that has changed information wise that was put out is the tablet being dropped. Very little information about the game has been released and a lot of the media info is assumptions or lack of information.

It has hub areas where you can meet up with people before entering into your own single player/' co-op campaign section. There is no loading screens when you transition between areas unless you load to join another player while in the PvE world. If you group up in the hub areas you dont load when you walk into PvE. All area transitions have hallways so to speak which cause you to walk into the next area and this is your loading phase.

While walking around the PvE world you can match-make in the map for quests/missions but you can also see all your friends playing the game on your map and join them via that way, or you see random people and join them that way. Kinda dark souls esque.

A big thing people miss when they complain about taking a lot of bullets is this isnt designed as a shooter first, it's designed as a rpg game first. Your skills are also tied to the base you see in the trailer and as you upgrade it you unlock more skills and tech, etc. as the base builds up and gets more tech.

The dark zone btw is fun as hell. I was running with a 3 man group and a bunch of random people about 10 of us gathered around an evacution site which is only to evac your items from the DZ and everyone crowded around it and I knew shit was going to go south so I backed off. Someone threw a grenade and everyone turned red starting a complete free for all battle.

A year ago the game director saying it isnt an mmo and describing what he thinks the game is. 12:30 it starts.

So one last thing I would like to add is the game is only being published by ubisoft. Games like assassins creed and rb6 are developed by an ubisoft company. The division is being developed by massive entertainment, which was bought by ubisoft. Yes they fork over the money, but the ideas and quality of developers are not ubisoft and the guys have made some great games like world in conflict and helped out with some games that were well made i.e. far cry 4. Watch dogs was developed and published by ubisoft.

Last edited:

Hero9012

Space Marshal
Dec 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Hero9012
Sadly, after Watchdogs and Rainbow Six Siege, I'm not sure I'm going to risk another 65 dollars for the division. When they were announced I though Ubisoft stole the show, but then the games basically got downgraded, and I believe that it has happened with the Division as well. We shall see I suppose. Maybe if I get drunk enough I'll get it.

Von Reinthaler

Space Marshal
Dec 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Von_Reinthaler
Sadly, after Watchdogs and Rainbow Six Siege, I'm not sure I'm going to risk another 65 dollars for the division. When they were announced I though Ubisoft stole the show, but then the games basically got downgraded, and I believe that it has happened with the Division as well. We shall see I suppose. Maybe if I get drunk enough I'll get it.
I'm very wary as well, but hopefully the Beta can sway me one way or the other.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
totally understand, however one thing you should keep in mind is that Watch_Dogs and R6S were made by ubisoft where the Division is being made by Massive and Red Storm. Massive made Far Cry 3, and Red Storm made Far Cry 3 and 4, as well as much of the old rainbow games. The beta is this weekend and there are no bans on content coming out of it. so ask me Monday and I will tell you if it lives up or falls short.

Forgot your password?