New X-56 HOTAS from Saitek

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Curious that they would reveal this ahead of the Star Citizen branded stick.

Odds are every person buying this one, is NOT buying the Star Citizen one in a few months.
Test bed launch?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm happy with my x55 as she is. Those micro sticks entice me though. I do love my strafing...

Major Templar

Space Marshal
Sep 6, 2014
RSI Handle
xTemplar
Designed for space, but still a heavy split throttle holdover from multi engine flight sims. Seems like old, painted blue.
Except there will be multi-engine ships in SC that will have the ability to make use of dual throttles. Ben/Chris have both said that the Freelancer and Sabre for example will have the ability to disable one engine that might be damaged and divert power to the other one. Of course this is always subject to change but we are likely to see this in the future.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Doozie

Rear Admiral
Donor
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Doozie
I'm really digging the dual analog joys on it, this will be great so long as they force a high build quality.

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Except there will be multi-engine ships in SC that will have the ability to make use of dual throttles. Ben/Chris have both said that the Freelancer and Sabre for example will have the ability to disable one engine that might be damaged and divert power to the other one. Of course this is always subject to change but we are likely to see this in the future.
Ya, I should stipulate that I'm talking personal preference. I sold a Warthog for the same reason. I don't like heavy throttles, and I'm sure they're not going to punish those without duals. For space games, for SC, I really think light is right. I'm using the CH which is smooth, light, and crams in a lot of features. Still looking for the best joystick to pair with it though. Currently using a Thrustmaster T16000M which is ok.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
My first thought when I saw this was actually "April Fools!" I looks like a nice stick though, I'm very interested to see when people start reviewing it.

Riekopo

Vice Admiral
Mar 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Riekopo
This looks like an improved X55. I was reading on Reddit about it and a Saitek rep was posting. He said it's been rebuilt from the ground up. So the build quality should be a lot better. I'm really not a fan of the blue colors though. If you make a RGB lighting product then you shouldn't put colors all over it. That completely defeats the purpose. It should be all black or at least have neutral colors. I don't think it has a dual stage trigger.

Forgot your password?