newbie needing some advice please :-)

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
thank you for the input i suppose i was just getting a bit bored of it as i haven't been in the verse a lot.i guess it's probably down to my lack of game play and knowledge especially how to make money in it :-)
There are events like Jumptown and Nine Tails still going in. Flying around solo in a Cutlass can get boring after awhile. I'll say try and get into one of the many Test groups running these events. If the server is stable, you can make hundreds of thousands of UEC in a very short time. Great opportunity for group play and reacquainting yourself to other members as well!

Reactions: baal_15 and Safun

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
now you've explained it a little it now makes more sense :-)
Probably the most confusing part is the trigger on the left stick is the "modifier" button. So holding the left trigger + pressing a button gives a different result than just pressing that button without holding the left trigger.

Example: Tapping left on the left joystick's hat launches a decoy (stops IR missiles) but if you are holding the left trigger and press the left hat to the left it moves the power triangle one click towards weapons. If you hold the left trigger and HOLD the left stick hat to the left it puts 100% power to weapons.

I swear it gets easy with repetitions 😂

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
If you are interested in also usign a trottle then I think @marcsand2 coudl have some idea on how integrate it too: as far as I remember he uses the trottle to set the base speed (ex SCM speed) and then usea the left joystick to speedup/slowdown during combat... but I'm sure he'll provide more info on that if you are interested in a similar solution...
Right stick: pitch + yaw
Left stick: strafe up / down + left / right
Throttle: speed limiter + base speed
Rudder pedals: roll + strafe forward / back

But there was a catch with combining axis. The last active axis is leading. In the old system, all axis were added up, which is very good.

Old system: set limiter at top speed, set throttle at 50%, with strafe forward and strafe back you could adjust speed relative to throttle.

New system: Set throttle at SCM speed, you fly at SCM speed.
Use strafe back or forward: throttle setting from now on is ignored until there is some new input from throttle.

For that reason, I use Joystick Gremlin.
Simple version: with Joystick Gremlin I combine throttle, strafe forward and strafe back to 1 axis, I bind that combined axis to strafe forward / back.

baal_15

Grand Admiral
Mar 18, 2017
RSI Handle
baal_15

White Lando

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7N9n5pK5tA&list=WL&index=47&t=118s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYUO4QUyuWE&list=WL&index=48&t=25s

sorry to be a pain but i have followed both these youtube video's ( buzz killer ) twice now and i cannot get my dual sticks to work im not sure if it's me or have sc changed how the set up for dual sticks now work ? im so pi##ed off with it all now i think it was a complete waste of my money and time ! sorry to rant but ive had enough now...
What are they doing (or not doing) exactly?

Are they not registering at all? Completely dead? Or they do some things you want but not everything?

baal_15

Grand Admiral
Mar 18, 2017
RSI Handle
baal_15
What are they doing (or not doing) exactly?

Are they not registering at all? Completely dead? Or they do some things you want but not everything?
hi havent been on for a while but they are not right it's probably me not listening or following the video properly i'll give it another go in a mo :-)

Forgot your password?