News From The Front - Genesis Starliner($400)

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/268886/genesis-starliner-pricing

Hey guys! As promised, we're providing pricing information one week before the concept sale. The Starliner will go to concept for $400.

(Since I know this will result in a few days of 'why does it cost so much?!' threads before the sale hits, I'll go ahead and say that it's a big ship that's going to unlock some interesting new gameplay. Passenger capacity is forty, putting it somewhere between the Phoenix and the 890 Jump on the 'personal transport' scale. You'll learn plenty more about it next Friday, including specifics on why you'd want a passenger ship in the first place... which I'm really excited to share.)
So who wants to get one? Its not on my list that's for sure but others may want one.

Admiral_Nolan

not dead
Nov 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Admiral_Nolan
It's not on my wish list, but if I know me I'll see a bright shinny new ship and buy it.
A.D.O.S. -- Attention Deficit...Ooohhh Shinny!!!!!

Reactions: Annitias

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Think I'm with the majority on this one. For that price point and for its function I do not see a major urge to even spend $100 on it. Now perhaps the concept art or something may steer me another way; but I rather run a friendly-pirate raid of stealing from the rich (rich passengers ) and give to the poor (me).

Reactions: honcho12

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I am interested in the ship, not buying it but knowing all I can about it. anyone have any information at all on this like, all be it the most basic info.

Reactions: BulletMagnet
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Not really interested in this ship. I think this one the community voted wrong on. It doesnt have much game play its take x cargo (passangers) to y place. Repeat. I dont see how personal transport will be much more exciting. I also think the community was thinking more of a taxi service than a ocean liner.

I actually kind of hope its a flop, just to ahow CIG they cant just throw any ship at us at such high prices. I dont know I want some more critical thinking about ships. Maybe im just an anarchist.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Not really interested in this ship. I think this one the community voted wrong on. It doesnt have much game play its take x cargo (passangers) to y place. Repeat. I dont see how personal transport will be much more exciting. I also think the community was thinking more of a taxi service than a ocean liner.

I actually kind of hope its a flop, just to ahow CIG they cant just throw any ship at us at such high prices. I dont know I want some more critical thinking about ships. Maybe im just an anarchist.
100% backing you on this. For that price point I would want something that adds more and more multi-functional. The Orion was around the same; but it was focused on mining I guess; but mining actually sounds interesting. It's not like you can play CrazyTaxi in the Star Farer... perhaps love boat though; but not something I would want to grid on everyday (phrasing) to make money (holy crap.. phrasing.. are we doing this)

Reactions: UbEcLoWn
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I think something that needs to be considered is that if they have the variants listed(if any) then it may be worth it to get one to upgrade to one of those. I'm certainly not giving a pass to CIG on the price for this because i think it is too much but a variant may make it worth it in some way.
So you can pay 500 bucks for a business class version of the ship that only fit 35 instead of 40, or a first class that only fits 30, but costs 600. Nah let the ship burn, show CIG that 400 dollar ships aren't selling.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Maybe if they make a military drop ship variant? Boarding vessel? Star Marines will need to get around somehow...

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
I'll have some. Can do some cool runs in them for sure. Price seems fair as frakk to me. Of course, I wake up at 5:15am every day, and bust my ass all day, like ALL day, just so I can go through life not worrying about the price of things so much.

Though having turret gunners does force one to start focusing on stuff like that. Shoot, this is going to sound super cliche I guess but damn, that is a LOT of freaking Diapers and Lego's I could buy instead of that virtual spaceship. So yeah, I kinda feel ya guys there this time.

Reactions: RipVanDan

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Maybe if they make a military drop ship variant? Boarding vessel? Star Marines will need to get around somehow...
I was actually thinking about what variants would/will this have, and what we could do to modify this ship. Like full on military packing it with weapons, missiles, drop troops. Or fit it some other way. Just would like to see whats possible.

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
If there is a cap-ship boarding variant I'm interested.

Reactions: mromutt

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Out of all the upcoming concept ships coming out, this one is definitely at the bottom of my to-get list. I'm really hoping the concept art and explained functionality sells me on it or it'll be the first concept ship I'll pass on in a very long time.

Still, cramming it full of TEST Derp Commandos and making it a drop ship of sorts would make for quite the raiding party. :D

Reactions: mromutt
Forgot your password?