News From The Front - Genesis Starliner($400)

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
This is most useless, overpriced and ridiculous ship they have announced.

How the community decided to vote on this, and how CIG decided it was worth wasting time on, is beyond me!

I can tell you exactly what the ship will look like too. Its essentially a glorified Greyhound bus. The interior will be fancy like the 890 Jump, complete with entertainment area, bar, night club, restaurants etc, like a cruise ship.

Now that I have said that, I think I have changed my mind, we as an organization need a fleet of these!

Shutter

Grand Admiral
Mar 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Shutter
Its a special ship, with special design features, so it will be short. Test may need a lot of these.

Last edited:

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
If I accidentally come into ownership of one of these... TEST bomb.

$400:greyhound bus =Hahaa no
$500: corvette = maybe maybe

The Chaos Pope

Grand Admiral
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
The_Chaos_Pope
CIG needed something like this ship and the Hull series to fill out the universe. I think the usefulness of this design would be quite limited to players, but then people would bitch that this is a civilian ship and should be something they can buy.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Who knows, maybe it will surprise us, lets wait and see what Ben brings to the table before we riot in the streets.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
I wonder what the legality of me buying up ships to turn around and "gift" to our EU members who have stupid high VAT. Would end up saving them something like $80 on this one.

The Chaos Pope

Grand Admiral
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
The_Chaos_Pope
I wonder what the legality of me buying up ships to turn around and "gift" to our EU members who have stupid high VAT. Would end up saving them something like $80 on this one.
If you gave it as a gift, it's probably fine. If they were to reimburse you the cost of the ship I'm pretty sure that this could be considered tax evasion on the part of the "giftee", but I am not a European tax lawyer.

Also, I'm not a lawyer in any sense of the word and the above statement is provided as speculation and is not to be considered legal advice.

Reactions: mindfart
Forgot your password?