RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Based on what little of Aaarrrgh's posts I've observed, they seem to be craving the feeling of being raided & pillaged in game. (Or they have a victim complex.) Why else would somebody intentionally antagonize the largest player based Org in the Verse, who happen to simply be fun loving gamers, just because we look forward to experiencing ALL of the possible options that Chris Roberts has instructed CIG to install within the game?

I myself wasn't planning on doing any piracy against other players intentionally, but people like this cause me to want add them to a list of "Target or Opportunity" status. LoL

Very well stated @Montoya , we all salute you. (obviously)

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
"unwelcome PVP lol"

There's specific systems planned to be set up that have a very low risk of "unwelcome" PVP, like Terra or Sol. With nice and responsive NPC police patrols to hold your hands as you veldspar mine and haul cargo from Point A to Point B. Even these will have NPC pirates and Vanduul raiders to keep things from being boring, so cry CIG a river.

If you go into space that's medium-security or below, ESPECIALLY in lawless space that's your own damn fault and you shouldn't be surprised when you get ganked, it's the high risk/high reward are for a fucking reason you dumbass.

Honestly some of these people won't be happy unless CIG puts a "I don't want to be in PVP ever" checkbox in the fucking options menu. Maybe try a singleplayer server?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
As I'm not rich enough to join in this discussion on Spectrum *Shakes fist at his bank account* can someone please ask this question:

Q: As PvP is generally unwelcome, and Ninetails NCP attacks are also unwelcome, and Vanduul attacks are also going to be very very unwelcome, what is the difference between a Ninetails / Vanduul blowing my arse off and another player doing it?

And if he doesn't think a Ninetails can blow your arse off, hell him to fly a 300 series.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Sheep and victims will always see wolves and sheep dogs as scary things. But Montoya is right without the risk of loosing it there is no reward and the game becomes dull quickly. It is interesting to think that this desire to be pacifistic is not due to their inability to enjoy combat, but their inability to accept that they are not the best and can and will loose.

It is going to be interesting to see how CIG balances the game and allows for dynamic equilibrium of reputation with in the game world. In this I do believe much can be drawn from EVE. It has been my experience that those who look to EVE as a grief hot bed have themselves never ventured outside of empire and low sec and so only see those who want to build empires with no risk while dealing with those who do truly want to grief by exploiting the system. Outside in nullsec the game takes on a more balanced and sometimes calmer experience, with territories claimed and rules understood.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Perhaps CIG can make a ship for these people who are so terrified of combat that will pacify their overwhelming anxieties? I'm thinking that it should be a Freelancer sized ship with absolutely no weapons or means for them to attack anybody else (since they are so afraid that they will be attacked), have shields that can't be dropped or penetrated (so they can be "perfectly fine in their safe space"), no quantum or jump drive, only small thrusters for their medium sized ship, have absolutely no cargo space for storage, no bed to log out in, no utilities so that they can only travel around, but can't perform any tasks with their ship & most importantly, be shaped like a giant, flashing, rainbow colored pacifier so that everybody will be able to easily identify those who feel the need to have that as their means of transportation.

This being said, while they would be able to slowly move around the PU in their private "safe space" unharmed as long as they are within their vehicle, they will need to frequently exit said vehicle to perform tasks, eat, save their progress & replenish their air supply. During which time it's duck hunting season & they've been quacking up a storm.

Forgot your password?