Security Operation Meteor Shower Recruitment (MISSION COMPLETE)

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Operation Meteor Shower is an upcoming GRAPS Combat Group training opportunity. I am attempting to keep a level of Opsec as it will end with a live-fire raid in the current PU. So here is what I am willing to share at current.

It will take place over a four Saturdays 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th of this month from 2pm (Eastern Time). However, most roles will only require a two-day commitment as the 8th will be the leadership and interest meeting, location scouting, and tactics overview. The Operation will consist of Ground troops and Air support. Ground training will be the 15th and Air Support with be the 22nd. with the final, combined arms raid into the PU on the 29th. If this interests you please post below in the roll you are interested in. Here is the bare-bones requirement for Operation success. If there is other roles that we have requests for and they can be fit into the Operation parameters I will add it in.

What to expect for each roll:
Hammerhead Fire Support team will provide suppressing fire on the objective with fire shifts coordinated with advancing infantry units to provide maxim cover and deter any unknown craft from leaving or entering the Area of Operation.
Drop Ship Pilots will be required to make a combat landing with as little exposed time from atmospheric entry to the deployment of troops to give enemy ground and air targets limited time to engage, then to supply fire support as needed and Extraction of troops at missions end.
Scout/Sniper team will be required to make an early ground movement to the location (can use ground vehicles) remaining undetected, set up of overwatch, early tactical analysis, and acting as a GPS locator for main forces.
Ground Assualt teams will be required to enter an enemy compound, detain or eliminate any threats, secure assets, take prisoners and assets to the extraction.

Fire Support Team (Via A00442HH Thunder Wasp)
-Tactical command and coordination: Sum1
-Piot: Ryonin Shonin
-Gunner 1: SleepyBeaky
-Gunner 2: Gaius-Marius
(more gunners and other ship stations available but not required for bare bones)

Drop Ship teams (Via -requesting 1+ Valkyrie drop ships or 2+ Vanguard drop ships)
-Drop Ship 1 Piot: Rickhart
-Drop Ship 1 Crew Chef/gunner: OPEN (Pref, not essential)
-Drop Ship 2 Piot: Runalotski
-Drop Ship 2 Crew Chef/gunner: OPEN (Pref, not essential)

Ground Combat Teams
Scout/Sniper Support Team 2-4 members. (at least one sniper rifle required on the team.)
Team Lead: wmk
Team Member: GameFleek
Team Member: seriousseriouspunch
Team Member: OPEN

Assault Team 4 members (second Assault Team will be added if all slots in team 1 are filled)
Team Lead: DontTouchMyHoHos
Team Member: invalidData
Team Member: pennyw1se

Fill free to reply with questions or role requests.

Last edited:

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I would love to get in on this I wont make a firm commitment as my schedule absolutely sucks but I will commit to being a reliable backup! :P

Reactions: marcsand2 and sum1

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I would love to get in on this I wont make a firm commitment as my schedule absolutely sucks but I will commit to being a reliable backup! :P
I have tons of ideas for non-primary jobs, like Comms officer, were relaying information to different groups and help ease coordination. Let me know what your interests are and if we can get the bare bones jobs filled I will offer jobs like this too people who want in, but if they don't show up will not hurt the primary operation's overall effectiveness.

Reactions: marcsand2

invalidData

Commander
Jan 18, 2020
RSI Handle
invalidData
Thank you very much for planing this. :)
I want in as Team Member of the Assault team or the scout team, in this order.
If somebody lends me a valkyrie I could train on point dropdowns as well.
I got an okayish feeling for that on the picies and the freelancer...

Reactions: marcsand2 and sum1

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Sounds like a great Op. Let me know if you expand these to other time frames.
If there is an interest I can try to plan future events at different times. But since I can't always be playing video games (RIP) if there is interest in times I can not help directly I will offer any assistance I can.
Thank you very much for planing this. :)
I want in as Team Member of the Assault team or the scout team, in this order.
If somebody lends me a valkyrie I could train on point dropdowns as well.
I got an okayish feeling for that on the picies and the freelancer...
I put you on the Assault Team. Welcome!
I can commit as a pilot with a hammerhead, I'll be able to make the events.
Welcome aboard the Thunder Wasp! (please don't crash her)

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
what if the meteors are made of Sulfer, Gold, Amber and Chrysoberyl?
Did someone say golden...shower?

I think I'll sign up as a drop pilot. If my men can survive the landing I dont think any ground forces will scare them!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I would like to join in the ground training as well. I suck at fps. Of course I suck at ship combat too.

Now that i think of it, my flying skills; well, let's not ruin the surprise! Maybe you're all on mobile and can't see my signature.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Exactly the sort of thing I would be looking to learn in. And unfortunately exactly the wrong time for me to make any of them :thump:
Feel the same...
Love if there will be another event on Sunday, especially becouse this will interfeer with the CFT events (stating at 3PM EST or 8 PM UTC)... I don't want to have to choose beteween the two:thump:
Looking forward form some video of all the event!!!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Looking forward form some video of all the event!!!
I'll probably record from my perspective, if I end up drop ship pilot maybe we'll have nothing to do during the fight and I can fly around above the field for some good shots.

Would be cool to have a few people in maybe a Razor filming.

Forgot your password?