Patch 3.11 is out to PTU

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Those patch notes! Things are about to get spicy. Criminals that die and are not captured, they respawn at grim hex. Grim hex no longer follows uee law.
I don't think it ever really did, but respawning there would have been better last patch. I ended up respawning at the station above Lorville, and had to wait for almost 6 hours to get out of there because people kept blowing me up. Nothing I could do about it.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Freezing rain is special. Not sure where you were in '98, that was the year of the ice storm. I remember the real hero's were from CN Rail, and the army. They delivered locomotives to the outlying towns that had no power for weeks. Two soldiers from Kingston helped cut ice off my roof before it collapsed. 40 high tension wires were down. Where I lived, we were fortunate that I lived less than 200 yards from a secondary line that they got running so we got power back before the first week ended. Montreal was worse off than we were, I remember that too. We had electrical crews from as far south as Texas come to help.
I was in BC in 1998, lol. It's where I grew up. But I certainly remember the storm. What a mess. I remember the Badgers were deployed to help. Years later I ended up operating one of those same machines.
This one is during the ice storms.
Badger.jpg

Here a few of me and the boys in 2014-2016
IMAG0432.jpg
IMAG1511.jpg
IMAG1516.jpg

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Canadians in most of Canada aren't really bothered by weather, otherwise we'd all be in B.C. We do complain a lot about the weather though, I mean what the hell else is there to complain about other than taxes and the price of gas? What tells me that you're probably right about the temperature is that the cars are sliding like that and it's snowing. What the people are wearing is not necessarily a really good gauge of the temperature. No hats is common for most of the winter, but their jackets are closed which means either it's humid or it's a bit chilly. Probably humid.
Well, y'know, I'm a fin, and while Finland is quite a bit north of most of Canada, we got them natural thermal batteries more commonly known as lakes, and... well, long story short, a lot of Finland is a lot like Canada when it comes to temperatures and whatnot. Ya guys got bit more sun though. Fins aren't terribly bothered with weather either, heck, I used to wear T-shirt up till -5C or -10C...
But what I mean is, you'll definitely notice some changes between people out and about in -10C and people out and about in -30C. Bit more scarves, gloves, woolly hats, faster strides, different posture, lot whiter beards... I'm perfectly happy to accept that there are some people who don't ever wear scarves, gloves or woolly hats, even when their thermometer has gotten the flu, but there'd be a lot more who do at -30C.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Those patch notes! Things are about to get spicy. Criminals that die and are not captured, they respawn at grim hex. Grim hex no longer follows uee law.
GrimEx itself (and the immediate asteroid surrounding) never follow the UEE law, as for the respawn in the station well is a nice return from the 2.6.x grave 😊
Don't be fooled 'tho: if a criminal dies while attached by a BH or a security forces he still end up in prison, just now is not automatically happen every time you die

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Freezing rain is special. Not sure where you were in '98, that was the year of the ice storm. I remember the real hero's were from CN Rail, and the army. They delivered locomotives to the outlying towns that had no power for weeks. Two soldiers from Kingston helped cut ice off my roof before it collapsed. 40 high tension wires were down. Where I lived, we were fortunate that I lived less than 200 yards from a secondary line that they got running so we got power back before the first week ended. Montreal was worse off than we were, I remember that too. We had electrical crews from as far south as Texas come to help.
For freezing rain, that is Indiana. I was running a restaurant in Richmond, Indiana, when I went in not a cloud in the sky. When I left, I had 3 inches of ice on the car. That crap is miserable. Once I got enough chipped away to force the door open so I could get an ice scrapper, I broke two just trying to get enough Ice off the car so I could get home.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
To support this theory, look at the people, yes, they're wearing winter clothing, but there are a lot of them about and they're not looking particularly bothered by the weather.
Don't be fooled by the garnment 😉 This reminds me of all the time I visit my wife's family in Russia. They live close to Perm, its close to -30/-40 Celsius in January and you see girls in high heels and mini-skirt in the streets... 😍 When I was in full goretex hot wintersuit.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Don't be fooled by the garnment 😉 This reminds me of all the time I visit my wife's family in Russia. They live close to Perm, its close to -30/-40 Celsius in January and you see girls in high heels and mini-skirt in the streets... 😍 When I was in full goretex hot wintersuit.
But... Perm isn't anywhere close to -40C in January, unless it's some sort of super exceptional day. In January Perm is usually around -4C to -20C most of the time, usually there is one or two nights that are closer to -30C and a couple of days you're hitting +0C. As I said, I've gone with T-shirt in -10C, but the number of people wearing something more was definitely quite high at that point. And I most certainly wasn't going to loiter around either.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
But... Perm isn't anywhere close to -40C in January, unless it's some sort of super exceptional day. In January Perm is usually around -4C to -20C most of the time, usually there is one or two nights that are closer to -30C and a couple of days you're hitting +0C. As I said, I've gone with T-shirt in -10C, but the number of people wearing something more was definitely quite high at that point. And I most certainly wasn't going to loiter around either.
Well Chusovoy in January can easily reach below -30, and not just one day, and when its dry and blowing you really feel it in your lungs ;)
I mentioned Perm because it is the regional hub, Chusovoy is actually a smaller town a few hundreds km away that nobody might know of.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Well Chusovoy in January can easily reach below -30, and not just one day, and when its dry and blowing you really feel it in your lungs ;)
I mentioned Perm because it is the regional hub, Chusovoy is actually a smaller town a few hundreds km away that nobody might know of.
Well, for Chusovoy, looking at last year for example, there were exactly 0 nights that reached -30C in January...
Wait, this year has also had a january already why am I looking at 2019... Okey 2020 has been even warmer. Mostly just -0C to -6C, decent amount of -7C to -15C as well, no nights that reached -30C though there was one that reached -29C, that was between 28th and 29th and the only time the weather went below -25C. I'd suggest that if you find a girl dressed in miniskirt and heels out and about in Chusovoy in -30C, that's more of a combination of poor planning and terrible luck.

Reactions: Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Well, for Chusovoy, looking at last year for example, there were exactly 0 nights that reached -30C in January...
Wait, this year has also had a january already why am I looking at 2019... Okey 2020 has been even warmer. Mostly just -0C to -6C, decent amount of -7C to -15C as well, no nights that reached -30C though there was one that reached -29C, that was between 28th and 29th and the only time the weather went below -25C. I'd suggest that if you find a girl dressed in miniskirt and heels out and about in Chusovoy in -30C, that's more of a combination of poor planning and terrible luck.
I've seen that in Moscow. It's because poor planning and being a ditz that doesn't dress for the weather because it hides her... assets.

Reactions: FZD

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I've seen that in Moscow. It's because poor planning and being a ditz that doesn't dress for the weather because it hides her... assets.
I mean, I've seen in like -10C, I've also gone in T-shirt in -10C myself. But never have I ever seen anyone do that in -30C, and quite frankly, they'd end up dead if they just loiter around in that kinda temperatures... well, then again I do hear, quite often, about people freezing to death during winter in Russia. Hmm...

Last edited:
Forgot your password?