Question about ship packs

Sadebreth

Captain
Jul 3, 2022
RSI Handle
Sadebreth
Just delete this please. Completely missed the part where it said the extra ships don't stack. I feel stupid now.

Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Just delete this please. Completely missed the part where it said the extra ships don't stack. I feel stupid now.
If you are referring to extra loaners...say, two packs have one idris each, correct, you only get the loaner for 1 idris.

But if you buy a two pack, and each has a cutty black in it, you have two cutty blacks

• o7
Reactions: Sadebreth

Sadebreth

Captain
Jul 3, 2022
RSI Handle
Sadebreth
If you are referring to extra loaners...say, two packs have one idris each, correct, you only get the loaner for 1 idris.

But if you buy a two pack, and each has a cutty black in it, you have two cutty blacks
Well... not loaners but what the ships come with. My original post stated that the big explorer pack ($1700) comes with a Carrack and an Aquila. Both ships come with an Ursa but you only get one in game so I answered my own question. Sorry.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
From the included vessel FAQ

Important: Loaners do not stack, and you will only ever receive one loaner of a vehicle.
If you have multiple ships that grant the same secondary vessel, you will still only have access to one copy of that vessel. This will likely change in the future once these secondary craft are no longer utilizing the loaner system

so yes, you only get one for now, but this might change in the future.

Sadebreth

Captain
Jul 3, 2022
RSI Handle
Sadebreth
From the included vessel FAQ

Important: Loaners do not stack, and you will only ever receive one loaner of a vehicle.
If you have multiple ships that grant the same secondary vessel, you will still only have access to one copy of that vessel. This will likely change in the future once these secondary craft are no longer utilizing the loaner system

so yes, you only get one for now, but this might change in the future.
I read that after I posted the original post. That is why edited it to say delete the post. At first I was confused because it says "loaner" but these loaners come with bigger ships so why are they called loaners? For example the Carrack comes with a Ursa and a G12. Since the G12 isn't released yet the "loaner" is a cyclone until the G12 is released. There is no loaner for the Ursa since it is out so are they not going to come with the ships once the game is released and why is it referred to as a loaner if it comes with the ship? So many questions.

Last edited:

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
It's a confusing area:

According to the "Included vessels" list, both the Carrack and the Aquila should have an Ursa, suggesting that you should have 2 "real" Ursa's in your hangar in the game
According to the "loan matrix", the Carrack receives a "loan" Ursa, while the Aquila does not have any loan items listed, which would suggest that you should have only a single ship providing a "loan" Ursa in your hangar in the game.

At the top of the "Included vessels" page, it does state that the "loan matrix" is what the game currently works with, which would suggest if you were to CCU from the Carrack to another ship, you would lose the rights to the "loan" Ursa that it provided and so would not have access to an Ursa despite owning the Aquila still...

As far as I know, those who have a pledge Aquila (and no other ships that provide a loan Ursa) still get the "loan" Ursa, though, which appears to indicate that there is a hybrid system in place that uses the "included" list for some ships (constellations with their snub fighters, for example) and the "loan matrix" for others.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
It's a confusing area:
FWIW, I have both a Carrack and Phoenix, and previously only ever had one Ursa. I guess it's the one that comes with the Carrack but then the 'loaner' for the Lynx didn't grant a second one. Now that the Lynx has release, I have both the Lynx (ostensibly as it comes with the Phoenix) AND an Ursa (ostensibly the one that comes with the Carrack). Hopefully that makes more and not less sense here. . .

Reactions: Ayeteeone
Forgot your password?