Retro Gaming

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm still playing 1984's Sopwith to this day, an Open Source project happened at some point which got it remade and running on modern systems:

1705823741821.gif

Its a blast and if you get good enough you can work out how to hit enemy aircraft mid-air with gravity bombs.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Since a friend of mine built an arcade cabinet, I downloaded the Forgotten WOrlds Atarashii arcade collection. It's a 130gb collection of arcade games from back in the day up to some pretty modern looking stuff. Best thing is it's self contained under a single exe and most of the games just work, no need to fiddle with anything, except for some reason SEGA racing titles all run at like 400% speed. Been playing random games I've never even heard of since then.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Interesting! A couple months ago, I bough a "cheap" Chinese handheld gaming device (Powkiddy X55), paid like USD $10 for a 128GB collection of games, and man ... some of the old arcade games and old computer games are incredible! That's part of the reason I haven't been haning around here much, I've been playing a bunch of older games, and loving it. When I get my sanity back, I'll come back to playing SC!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Interesting! A couple months ago, I bough a "cheap" Chinese handheld gaming device (Powkiddy X55), paid like USD $10 for a 128GB collection of games, and man ... some of the old arcade games and old computer games are incredible! That's part of the reason I haven't been haning around here much, I've been playing a bunch of older games, and loving it. When I get my sanity back, I'll come back to playing SC!
I've been picking up some classics I used to play in my youth off GOG. Total Annihilation, Interstate '76 etc. '95 to '97 was an amazing time for games with some amazing titles rekeased and its all just sitting there waiting to be rediscovered - and cheap.

So I can't afford a current gen GPU? I'm getting to the point where that really doesn't matter as they have changed my play habits and I can play a lot of amazing games of yesteryear off the back of a Raspberry Pi.

Forgot your password?