Science and Futurism

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I've been following the SNC and it seems they are deep into the government / commercial R&D at the moment. Boeing is the largest government contractor in the world though and I can only assume their technology and resources are ahead of SNC. I've worked with SNC on small programs when I was active. I never really saw them in the same light as say Lockheed, Northrop and Boeing.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I sell PrinceCoin, a new cryptocurrency designed to instantly transmit your payment to the Nigerian Prince of your choosing. I think I can help you with your problem.
Oh, I love this. Lets just make it a legitimate Crypto with a Piss-Take name. It'll be Bigger than BitCoin!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Coiny McCoinface, not to be confused with the past "Coinye"

Just goes to show there are now enough people on earth thinking so often no matter what thought you have, someone will have had it before.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I've been following the SNC and it seems they are deep into the government / commercial R&D at the moment. Boeing is the largest government contractor in the world though and I can only assume their technology and resources are ahead of SNC. I've worked with SNC on small programs when I was active. I never really saw them in the same light as say Lockheed, Northrop and Boeing.
Its hard to say if SNC is ahead or behind corporations like Boeing, Northrop and Lockheed as much of what they do is classified. Boeing is huge and its list of subsidiaries include such ULA, Aurora, Rocketdyne and United Space Alliances but to name a few. Boeing also receives billions of dollars in subsidies, federal grands and federal loans/loan guarantees.

As for the Dream Chaser it has gotten a second life in the form of being possibly used for one mission for the UN, CRS-2 for 6 resupply missions to the ISS. But they missed out on the CCP due to NASA feeling they lacked maturity in their product solution.

Reactions: Jolly_Green_Giant

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Tonight I'm taking it back. When I think MAGA, I think of the Saturn V and everything that went into it. People don't realize that we went to the moon out of fear of the USSR. They were beating us at just about everything else in the space race and we had no Idea if anything they launched had a nuclear warhead on it. If the Soviets could get into space, "why wouldn't they conquer the moon?" we thought. What if they establish a nuclear missile base on the moon and rained fire down on the US? These were legitimate concerns back in the day. Times have changed but the looming threat of nations controlling the skies and beyond is again upon us. Anti-Satellite weapons have been built and flown while spy satellites are being upgraded and refined. I haven't quite got my finger on everything yet but our push to develop hypersonic weapons, ICBM intercept systems and satellite killers is a big sign we're in another "space growth spurt" so to speak. Our generation is the next generation to usher in a great future for us all. It starts with a spark, if you take the time to fan the flames, you can change the world.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Tonight I'm taking it back. When I think MAGA, I think of the Saturn V and everything that went into it. People don't realize that we went to the moon out of fear of the USSR. They were beating us at just about everything else in the space race and we had no Idea if anything they launched had a nuclear warhead on it. If the Soviets could get into space, "why wouldn't they conquer the moon?" we thought. What if they establish a nuclear missile base on the moon and rained fire down on the US? These were legitimate concerns back in the day. Times have changed but the looming threat of nations controlling the skies and beyond is again upon us.
Too bad our response to this external threat (so far) has been to circle our wagons and fire inward!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I just want to point out, some soldiers are making HooahCoin in case of a government shutdown, so soldiers can still get paid lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hooahcoin/
Holy cow, USAA works with Coinbase for cryptocurrency...

I'd still recommend safer investments, for folks, but if you are military or ex-military, and you don't use USAA, you should!

Reactions: Jolly_Green_Giant

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Holy cow, USAA works with Coinbase for cryptocurrency...

I'd still recommend safer investments, for folks, but if you are military or ex-military, and you don't use USAA, you should!
As soon as I got out, I came back to Central Florida and was hit by the eye of that hurricane. I had to prioritize generator repairs and working tools to protect my aunt's house (she's alone and 83). I called USAA and told them I may not be able to make a payment on something. It was no issue to them and they deffered ALL of my obligations (car loans, personal loans, credit cards, Insurance, etc...) until the end of December. The hurricane happened early September. How many places can you say you're having financial trouble due to a disaster and they're just like "yeah don't worry about it. We'll even help you out homie."

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
As soon as I got out, I came back to Central Florida and was hit by the eye of that hurricane. I had to prioritize generator repairs and working tools to protect my aunt's house (she's alone and 83). I called USAA and told them I may not be able to make a payment on something. It was no issue to them and they deffered ALL of my obligations (car loans, personal loans, credit cards, Insurance, etc...) until the end of December. The hurricane happened early September. How many places can you say you're having financial trouble due to a disaster and they're just like "yeah don't worry about it. We'll even help you out homie."
That's great to hear!

They aren't always the cheapest insurance, but I don't mind paying a little bit extra if they do stuff like this.

Forgot your password?