So many are upset at the Carrack not release in 3.8

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
I've never seen a thread like this one.

I don't read that many threads but all the ones I read are always positive, this one was negative. It appears to me players are getting more and more impatient with each year. But honestly, most of us been waiting for years, what is another 3 months? I think people in general is getting a little restless, I just hope CIG doesn't feel the pressure and try to rush out an unpolished game :(

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
People have been bitching since the beginning. Its one of the downsides of having "transparency" with development. This community contains some very vitriolic members. Mind you, its the interwebs writ large. Just look at Star Wars, or anything else. People bitch about anything that doesn't meet there exact expectations. It's kinda sad really.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I've never seen a thread like this one.

I don't read that many threads but all the ones I read are always positive, this one was negative. It appears to me players are getting more and more impatient with each year. But honestly, most of us been waiting for years, what is another 3 months? I think people in general is getting a little restless, I just hope CIG doesn't feel the pressure and try to rush out an unpolished game :(
Good grief it's like no one reads the forsaken Roadmap Caveats. the answer to each and every single gripe about launch dates is right there:

LINK vvv
LINK ^^^

They're sulking like Achilles in his tent.

View: https://youtu.be/kZhJlGV2s_k?t=21

Last edited:

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
To be fair this is leaning heavily on the community at fault for dreaming up the ship to be something more than it is, I can't wait for release of the Carrack to then see all the people bitch about how their $500 ship didn't live up to expectations.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I gave up on the official forums as soon as I joined TEST

everything I need to know finds its way here

and I spare myself all the inanity and whinging that passes for content on Spectrum

here it's easy to distinguish between the real content and the shitposts - both are fine in their place

on Spectrum you have to wade through a mass of unfunny shitposts to get to the rare nuggets of valuable content

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I gave up on the official forums as soon as I joined TEST

everything I need to know finds its way here

and I spare myself all the inanity and whinging that passes for content on Spectrum

here it's easy to distinguish between the real content and the shitposts - both are fine in their place

on Spectrum you have to wade through a mass of unfunny shitposts to get to the rare nuggets of valuable content
Can TEST set up a private forum so the staff can have somewhere to just go and talk bollocks like the rest of us? I saw one of the -CIG user names on Spectrum say "Hope you liked it!" and 4 backers and counting turned round and say "Well no actually I didn't because X wasn't exactly the right X"

And they wonder why the Devs don't interact much anymore.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Meh, I have been looking forward to getting that Carrack upgrade for 9 months now, thanks to CIGs inconvenient purchasing scheme. Well, no worries, it's finally here... and they bumped up the price by $100.
You'd need to be some sort of a pikachu to be surprised that people get upset.

Well, I won't be buying Carrack after all. Could be Starfarer Gemini or Hercules suits me better anyhow.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
People have been bitching since the beginning. Its one of the downsides of having "transparency" with development. This community contains some very vitriolic members. Mind you, its the interwebs writ large. Just look at Star Wars, or anything else. People bitch about anything that doesn't meet there exact expectations. It's kinda sad really.
I do my best to keep my expectations low, my hopes sky high & then enjoy whatever actually comes.

Can TEST set up a private forum so the staff can have somewhere to just go and talk bollocks like the rest of us? I saw one of the -CIG user names on Spectrum say "Hope you liked it!" and 4 backers and counting turned round and say "Well no actually I didn't because X wasn't exactly the right X"

And they wonder why the Devs don't interact much anymore.
So far, to the best of my knowledge, every member of the CIG staff that I've been in contact with has enjoyed communicating with me. My trick is to be patient, understanding, polite, do my best to be positive & if possible make them laugh.

Meh, I have been looking forward to getting that Carrack upgrade for 9 months now, thanks to CIGs inconvenient purchasing scheme. Well, no worries, it's finally here... and they bumped up the price by $100.
You'd need to be some sort of a pikachu to be surprised that people get upset.

Well, I won't be buying Carrack after all. Could be Starfarer Gemini or Hercules suits me better anyhow.
They often bump up the costs of the ships when the become "flight ready". In this case, you're also getting a base model Pisces snub craft as well as an Ursa Rover.

Also a plus for buying ships this year, it looks like all non-LTI ships purchased during the Anniversary sale might be coming with 10 year insurance instead of the 84 month that was expected since they usually sell the anniversary ships with (12 month insurance * the anniversary year number). If I'm correct, then that's a bonus to all that are planning on picking up a desired ship during this sales event.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
They often bump up the costs of the ships when the become "flight ready". In this case, you're also getting a base model Pisces snub craft as well as an Ursa Rover.
I'm not quite sure if you even get the snub and ursa with CCU?

Ninetoes

Commander
Sep 22, 2019
RSI Handle
Ninetoes
I don't mind the 3 month wait, I would prefer it done to their best ability
I wish they had a tentative roadmap for ships only, when they expect ships already sold to be entered in the game,...
I definitely approve of the ready to fly over concept ships
only problem with that is people would get pissed then too for any delays

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
If you have the Carrack, you have the snub and Ursa, regardless if it's CCU'd or not.
Oh, you're correct, not with CCU, but you do if you get a Carrack on its own or in a bundle. I picked up my Carrack in the Exploration Bundle. At the time it was $600.
The Exploration bundle is $695.00 now. I haven't done the math to see if it's a good value, it has things in it I'll try hard to find a use for. You have to watch these packages for getting duplicate ships. I have 3 URSA rovers showing up in my RSI inventory - I only really bought one.
... but I thought when you CCU, you get the package you're buying... or did something change?

Edit... Ok now how the heck did I end up with 3 URSA's... the Exploration pack comes with the Cyclone which explains why that is in my inventory.
Anyone else getting the sense that i might need to look at my inventory more often?

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The Exploration bundle is $695.00 now. I haven't done the math to see if it's a good value, it has things in it I'll try hard to find a use for. You have to watch these packages for getting duplicate ships. I have 3 URSA rovers showing up in my RSI inventory - I only really bought one.
... but I thought when you CCU, you get the package you're buying... or did something change?

Edit... Ok now how the heck did I end up with 3 URSA's... the Exploration pack comes with the Cyclone which explains why that is in my inventory.
Anyone else getting the sense that i might need to look at my inventory more often?
In a CCU upgrade, the ship that you have in that package you own is upgraded to another ship. The overall contents of the package other than that 1 item don't change though.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
In a CCU upgrade, the ship that you have in that package you own is upgraded to another ship. The overall contents of the package other than that 1 item don't change though.
You might have some surprises if you visit a vehicle terminal in game. Here:
Note I said MIGHT.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Oh, you're correct, not with CCU, but you do if you get a Carrack on its own or in a bundle. I picked up my Carrack in the Exploration Bundle. At the time it was $600.

UEE Exploration 2948 Pack

Boys, you get the URSA and the PISCES with the Carrack, period. Doesn't matter is its CCU'd. Those items don't come in a package, they come with the ship, same as the snubs that come with the Connies.

Vav, what inventory are you looking at?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Boys, you get the URSA and the PISCES with the Carrack, period. Doesn't matter is its CCU'd. Those items don't come in a package, they come with the ship, same as the snubs that come with the Connies.

Vav, what inventory are you looking at?
I got it figured out. I have 3 URSA's, I bought one explicitly, and the Connie came with one, the third came with the Carrack, and the Cyclone is part of the package I got the Carrack in. Shrugs. I don't look at included land vehicles when I buy a ship.

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
My recollection is we were supposed to have the Carrack in Q2 2017 or something like that, so another 2-3 months is no big deal - not sure I really like the redesign, a little too smooth and not as industrial/military looking as before but I suppose it better fits the heavily armored lore aspect, the Pisces appears to be a good little ship and the Ursa will be great too.

Overall I suspect the Carrack will allow me to fully enjoy my B5/Expanse/Firefly/Star Trek/Star Wars fantasies for quite some time and it is now, finally, coming soonTM.

'Gimp

Jokyr

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2015
RSI Handle
Jokyr
I don't mind the delay, i just wonder about the price bump for the anniversary sale with a 3 month wait until it's flight ready. Does that mean there will be another bump at flight-ready or is this the final price.

Forgot your password?