Star Citizen is both the best and worst business model

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Last week I made a video showing how Massively OP picked Star Citizen as the worst MMO biz model. This week I am showing you how they picked Star Citizen as the best biz model just two days before.

Do I understand this correctly, that those were community votes? And a couple hundred all in all? So that is the number of their core readership? Hahahahaha

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Ooh, how is it going for you?
68 hours played (level 17), getting some tennis elbow symptoms in my mouse arm.
I am enjoying it very much. I have only just started the story line as I have been exploring and will carry on doing that when I can. The only real bug is the taxi company mission. I can not contact Delamain by phone when I recover a taxi cab.

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
68 hours played (level 17), getting some tennis elbow symptoms in my mouse arm.
I am enjoying it very much. I have only just started the story line as I have been exploring and will carry on doing that when I can. The only real bug is the taxi company mission. I can not contact Delamain by phone when I recover a taxi cab.
It should be an automatic call when you recover a cab as far as I can remember?

For me the only game breaking bug I came across is one of the blue rectangle with ? missions. I've already looted the corpse I'm supposed to examine (loot) so I can't complete it, ever, thus locking me out of some achievements and a 100% completion.

Reactions: Bambooza

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
OH IT GETS EVEN BETTER! Heres the reader votes from two of their other polls.
Most anticipated MMO of 2021 and beyond: Star Citizen took 3rd - Massively OP’s 2020 Awards: Most Anticipated MMO | Massively Overpowered
Best Indie MMO of 2020: Star Citizen took 2nd - Massively OP’s 2020 Awards: Indie MMO of the Year | Massively Overpowered

They don't give two rats asses what their readers think or how they want to spend their money. Even their "How does MassivelyOP Choose the winner" section basicly states "We just go with how we feel and hand out the digital popcorn like pezz candy. We don't listen to our community or what they say, because we know whats best". To illustrate this, the last poll in the awards section, "what was the most underrated MMO of 2020?" Go on guess . . . guess . . . no it was not star citizen, but it was Albion Online.
Massively OP’s 2020 Awards: Most Underrated MMO | Massively Overpowered
They had 1,968 votes for Albion Online, taking over half of the total 3,224 votes cast, but do you think they won? Oh hell no, they crowned Star Trek Online as king, with only 10% at a measly 345 votes. These people need to be reassigned to something more inline with their skill sets of arbitrarily picking a winner, like judges on baking shows.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
OH IT GETS EVEN BETTER! Heres the reader votes from two of their other polls.
Most anticipated MMO of 2021 and beyond: Star Citizen took 3rd - Massively OP’s 2020 Awards: Most Anticipated MMO | Massively Overpowered
Best Indie MMO of 2020: Star Citizen took 2nd - Massively OP’s 2020 Awards: Indie MMO of the Year | Massively Overpowered

They don't give two rats asses what their readers think or how they want to spend their money. Even their "How does MassivelyOP Choose the winner" section basicly states "We just go with how we feel and hand out the digital popcorn like pezz candy. We don't listen to our community or what they say, because we know whats best". To illustrate this, the last poll in the awards section, "what was the most underrated MMO of 2020?" Go on guess . . . guess . . . no it was star citizen, but it was Albion Online.
Massively OP’s 2020 Awards: Most Underrated MMO | Massively Overpowered
They had 1,968 votes for Albion Online, taking over half of the total 3,224 votes cast, but do you think they won? Oh hell no, they crowned Star Trek Online as king, with only 10% at a measly 345 votes. These people need to be reassigned to something more inline with their skill sets of arbitrarily picking a winner, like judges on baking shows.
Sounds less Massively OverPowered and more Massively OPinionated. It's a spectacular fail on their part, if the intention was never to accept the result of a public vote, they should not have had a public vote and just published their opinion. They may as well have published the recipe for a good lentil soup in reverse where they put the results of the vote, because that's all it's worth.

...Either that or they are making advertorials and not declaring it. Once a media company has a certain sized following they can either be responsible with it or use it to wield a shitload of "cooperation" from others.

I find it very telling that some better known media groups (not MassivelyOP to my knowledge) really go to town on some really well known companies during their peak trading times of the year, highlighting every single hiccup to their audience, but when those companies have advertising contracts with them the barrage of reports suddenly fall silent... Just seems suspect...

1611128670170.png

If MOP are giving plaudits to the highest bidder, it would explain how you can have a winning vote for SC or Albion and not a word said about it.

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Sounds less Massively OverPowered and more Massively OPinionated. It's a spectacular fail on their part, if the intention was never to accept the result of a public vote, they should not have had a public vote and just published their opinion. They may as well have published the recipe for a good lentil soup in reverse where they put the results of the vote, because that's all it's worth.

WHAT!!! Are you mad??? This could sound like an intelligent and professional idea!!! How can you dare to propose something like that to those reliable and trustworth companies!!!

Forgot your password?