NaffNaffBobFace
Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I've discovered a fool proof way to achieve ultimate stealth for myself. The key to this is not being logged into the game. If you are not logged in, nobody in game can locate, target or kill you, as long as you're not logged in. Meanwhile, you can't do anything in game yourself, so it's a stalemate. Cheers!

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
I hope this is the start of bringing back different values to all the components, sort of like they had before. I loved the variety, and especially the stealth abilities.
You could configure any of your ships stealthily. Maybe it would be good for the role, maybe it was a waste of money, but the variety of configs you could do was cool.
I loved my stealthy MSR, she had a big bottom but looked good in black paint. I'd shut down one each stealth power plant, cooler, and shield generator to get a surprisingly low signature.
Fun times.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Damn this must have completely passed me by.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I must admit It's much harder to catch a bounty that lives in its mum's basement in New Jersey than it is to catch a bounty that lives in a remote hab on the far side of Yela.
Especially since in game we currently have no way to travel to the Sol system, for us to locate the US, then New Jersey to then target his mum's place to cause it to implode, which would require him to either run or allow himself to be buried alive.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Have spotted a few comments on the TwittX saying the Hornet Ghost is currently considered to be overpowered as it's fair invisible right now.

I've not flown it since something like patch 2.6 but back then in AC it was very easy to throw off missiles - not sure how far away it'd show up on scanners but some suggestions stating it's as little as 2km.

Balance will happen one day but tempted to jump back in a Ghostie just for cruising around unmolested. Have been relying on speed to stay out of strife but not being spotted could also work.

• Glorious
Reactions: Talonsbane

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well the Hornet Ghost is stealthier than my Sabre and my Eclipse, so that's not right,.
It does have the proprietary Void Armour tech which could be active stealth systems rather than passive (theorycrafting, Radar is just radio waves so if you have a radio receiver capable of receiving those waves and not letting them return to sender it would be an active stealth system) however this is all theorycrafting. It is possible it's wrong :-)

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
It does have the proprietary Void Armour tech which could be active stealth systems rather than passive (theorycrafting, Radar is just radio waves so if you have a radio receiver capable of receiving those waves and not letting them return to sender it would be an active stealth system) however this is all theorycrafting. It is possible it's wrong :-)
Compared to the Hornet Ghost the Sabre is built from the ground up to be a dedicated “stealth” ship whereas the Hornet Ghost is retrofitted to become stealthy, therefore whilst the Ghost is still very stealthy compared to other ships it wont be quite as impervious to radar as the Sabre. What little it lacks in stealth capabilities compared to the Sabre though is made up for in its additional armour and weaponry however
There are other places where ships are ordered by stealth, and the Ghost always ends up last. :)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

There are other places where ships are ordered by stealth, and the Ghost always ends up last. :)
That's a great set of details, definitely not tempted any more! Not up for Metachasing, this isn't patch 2.8 :glorious:

Forgot your password?