Stopping a Quantum Jump

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman
So I put this in my post about Cutlass or Andromeda, and someone said they didn't know about it,

So in order to share this knowledge with all my lovely testies....

If you hit 'Stealth' on your MFD whilst travelling in quantum. it will drop you out of Quantum wherever you are.

Not much use now, but if you want to log off somewhere and know that there will not be anyone around when you log back in it could prove useful. Once persistence kicks in that is.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Thanks for the tips everyone, I havn't been able to get this to work by pressing B for a couple of patches so Stealth or Engine Off will really help :slight_smile:
What I do is, hold B to start the Quantum Jump, and the instant the countdown hits "Zero" I count "one-thousand" but hit "B" right after "one" and before "thousand"...that usually gets me a couple hundred km away from the OM point.

Capt_Baldi

Grand Admiral
May 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt_Baldi
Doing the same as @Radegast74 . Hit and hold B after or just before the Qtravel starts. It's really helpful with the current nodes around planets.
This way you can travel halfway from node to node and then start your descent from there.

Reactions: panzer

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I will repeat my mad thought that one of the huge advantages TEST could offer its members is a stand alone microjump computer capability. We used microjumps in SWC often for all sorts of ops, and doing calculations manually, as well as combining ships doing manual micro-jumps, is messy past description. If we had a stand alone app that allowed us to jump with precision in groups, that could turn into a severe combat advantage.

And just saying, you could order up that kind of utility on Freelancer or Upwork for just a few thousand dollars so would cost us all about thirty cents each.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace
Forgot your password?