Stream giveaway this weekend!!!!!

Admiral_Nolan

not dead
Nov 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Admiral_Nolan
I hit 50 followers this past weekend and that means that is Saturday I will be giving away a Mustang Alpha starter pack!!! I'm streaming Saturday and Sunday 8-10pm CDT. It will be a keyword giveaway and you must be a follower and must be present to win. I have more giveaways planned at higher follower goals so keep watching!

www.twitch.tv/admiral_nolan

Last edited:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Awesome, I'll be there if I can

Admiral_Nolan

not dead
Nov 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Admiral_Nolan
Gonna do several givaways tonight, gonna start with some hangar flair items, then giving away the Mustang Alpha package.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I fracking can't stand these scam, ups, I mean stream giveaways.

Every friggen streamer has some sort of a loyalty points system which makes the whole thing obsolete for any new person that would love to participate or get their name in the draw.

Every single one.

Stream giveaway my ass.
Are you trying to say any new fella that joins the stream has any rats ass chance in hell to actually win that ship?

And some have these convoluted rules, that you must find first and foremost, let alone dig through them.

I participated in 5 of these and just gave up, because there is practically no chance of winning it if you are not already a long time participant/follower.

Why cant there simply be a simple rule.
You show up on a stream, and simply participate?
Your name gets thrown into the big basket so you have same chance as everyone else?

People are getting fed up, by trying to participate in these events in the hopes of winning some ship or the other.
Especially after of about 1 hr of participation and watching/listening they find out same story over and over again.
It is insanely annoying.

Best to boycott every single stream giveaway.
If they want to get viewers and likes, they should just entertain and perform.
You know, so people return when they feel the streamer is really exceptional.

Now every jackass with the hopes of internet money wants to become a streamer, earn from ad revenue etc....
I loathe people like that. I can count few people on my hand that really deserve support, and I know they work hard,... 1 hand.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to speak my mind on the matter.
This was not aimed at you Nolan. It was meant in general (all giveaway streaming).

Ichiru

Space Marshal
Aug 15, 2014
RSI Handle
Ichiru

Every friggen streamer has some sort of a loyalty points system which makes the whole thing obsolete for any new person that would love to participate or get their name in the draw.

Every single one.

Stream giveaway my ass.
Are you trying to say any new fella that joins the stream has any rats ass chance in hell to actually win that ship?

And some have these convoluted rules, that you must find first and foremost, let alone dig through them.

I participated in 5 of these and just gave up, because there is practically no chance of winning it if you are not already a long time participant/follower.
I participated in a keyword giveaway last night on a channel which was hosted after RTV, rather than the ticket giveaways, AND I WON!

I nearly died of shock mind you, but yeah I think keyword giveaways are good and fair with an equal chance of winning, ticket giveaways are there to help promote people subscribing and without people subscribing then the giveaways cant be done to begin with. So its a difficult balance for the streamers really.

Admiral_Nolan

not dead
Nov 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Admiral_Nolan

Every single one.

Stream giveaway my ass.

Your name gets thrown into the big basket so you have same chance as everyone else?

People are getting fed up, by trying to participate in these events in the hopes of winning some ship or the other.
Especially after of about 1 hr of participation and watching/listening they find out same story over and over again.
It is insanely annoying.

Now every jackass with the hopes of internet money wants to become a streamer, earn from ad revenue etc....
I loathe people like that. I can count few people on my hand that really deserve support, and I know they work hard,... 1 hand.

This was not aimed at you Nolan. It was meant in general (all giveaway streaming).
I think It may be time to switch to decaf or up the dosage on your meds... :D

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973

Every single one.

Stream giveaway my ass.

It is insanely annoying.

I've been watching @CaptainRichard for a while, haven't won a damn thing(he gave me a shirt, for runner up on one) but I don't watch for the giveaways, I watch cause hes funny, and has a lot of SC info, plus he's fun to fly with, when I can. Not all of his giveaways are the raffle type, he does keyword giveaways, in fact, most of the big ones are keyword giveaways, for just that reason. I haven't caught too many of @Troy9230 's streams, but I would hope that theese two are counted on that one hand.

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
I must say the giveaways are a sweet bonus. I had seen that Admiral Nolan was doing a giveaway, but I totally forgot. He was the only one streaming when I got a break this evening so I tuned in. I watch these guys to see some SC since I can't run it myself. I also watch to support fellow TEST members. I have streamed myself twice to try things out. You guys that do it regularly and manage to engage the chat have my respect. If you want to do giveaways cool if you don't that's cool too. Some of the most entertaining streams I have watched are just people having fun. Keep it up, and we'll keep watching.

P.S. Thanks for the hanger flair.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
For the reasons above, which are horrendously misleading, giveaways on the main forums stir rage in me.

They are simply not fair to the participants.
End of story.

Either you have a giveaway that is fair for all involved, or you don't.
Stop pretending. We know that all you want is more followers and likes.... in essence, more money.

I will only follow a streamer if his content is high quality and makes me want to return.
no fracking giveaway is going to make me become a follower.

It is shortsighted, if nothing else.
And kind of foolish.

The first one I ever started to follow was BadNewsBaron when he released his Vader videos on YT.
First time I went on Twitch as a matter of fact, after that.
He had great content, etc.

Stopped following some time after he implemented those annoying cookies and whatnot.

Last edited:

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre

Every single one.

Stream giveaway my ass.

It is insanely annoying.

P...pilgrim, it's a keyword give-away :( That means that every single person, new and old have an equal chance of getting the prize. There is no reason getting apoplectic because *some* people have orchestrate their giveaways in a manner that rewards long-standing viewers; I've seen on numerous occasion people winning on people like Cap'n Richard's stream with nought but one ticket.

Yes, I understand it can get frustrating, especially in cases where tickets can essentially be bought with real money through donations (a slighty shadier practice I personally wish not to employ without sufficient material/resources to host just as many free entry give-aways to new/potential followers), but this isn't the case 100% of the time in my experience with twitch and streamers.

Reactions: honcho12

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
If its a keyword I have no problem with it.
As long as it is fair to all.

It is those others that piss me off.

Reactions: Myre

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Most of the TEST Streamers, myself included, use Keyword (AKA: Equal chance) for most major giveaways such as follower marks. It is fair to the oldest and newest viewers. Then I have Friday Freebies that are credit based. Those reward viewers that watched throughout the week.

99% of streamers get ZERO ad revenue. Yep, zero. Only Twitch Partners do.

Honestly, we are here for the fun and streaming is a negative profit for all but the largest guys. Check out the streamers we have on our stream team. We do try to make it as fun and fair to viewers as we can.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I have nothing against streamers that started honestly with a passion etc, and got big over time, got partnered and continued to evolve.

It is mostly the new streamers who start to make a profit, with hope of doing it full time.
They try every imaginable tactic to get more people.

Just be yourself. Be natural and be creative.
If you are worth watching, the word will get around and people will flock to you.

And make sure you are noticed, use more social media outlets at once.

BadnewsBaron was nobody until that Vader video.
People noticed, people shared, people flocked... end of story.

Reactions: WarrenPeace

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
Sorry I missed it Troy. I was drunkenly playing Batman all day and then watched the BNG mult-stream which I feel asleep during part of.

Forgot your password?