Stream giveaway this weekend!!!!!

Jimmy Dean

Rear Admiral
Apr 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Jimmy_Dean
I have nothing against streamers that started honestly with a passion etc, and got big over time, got partnered and continued to evolve.

It is mostly the new streamers who start to make a profit, with hope of doing it full time.
They try every imaginable tactic to get more people.

Just be yourself. Be natural and be creative.
If you are worth watching, the word will get around and people will flock to you.

And make sure you are noticed, use more social media outlets at once.

BadnewsBaron was nobody until that Vader video.
People noticed, people shared, people flocked... end of story.
So do you rant about everyone who tries to make a career to earn money? Or any store that has a sale to attract more customers? :rolleyes: So silly lol

On topic: Admiral Nolan, your stream is great! If my follow button didn't disappear for everyone I'd definitely throw you a follow.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Speaking of giveaways, I'm giving away an Aegis Avenger spaceship tonight and it may or may not require the usage of a form of currency known as Captain Richard Credits for entry, which may or may not be earned by watching my stream and playing chat games while watching said stream. There is the distinct possibility that those who have been watching for an exceptionally long time may or may not have a slight advantage over those who might possibly tune in for the very first time tonight.

Furthermore, I might be the reanimated corpse of Billy Mays with attention deficiency issues. This and more at 9pm EDT, only on Twitch.

/hides from Star Pilgrim. :D

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
So do you rant about everyone who tries to make a career to earn money? Or any store that has a sale to attract more customers? :rolleyes: So silly lol

On topic: Admiral Nolan, your stream is great! If my follow button didn't disappear for everyone I'd definitely throw you a follow.
I "RANT" as you put it, regarding anything and anyone who tries to misguide, misrepresents or in any other way tries to gain money off peoples participation.

If you fall into that category, I spit on you and wish your balls catch fire and burn away.

If you do not, I appreciate your hard work if it is worthy, and approve of you becoming a successful businessman with your stream "if you are indeed a streamer".

I give credit where credit is due.
And yes, I despise profiteering by misuse and misrepresentation,.. anything born to deceive people, just to get a buck.

Last edited:

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Speaking of giveaways, I'm giving away an Aegis Avenger spaceship tonight and it may or may not require the usage of a form of currency known as Captain Richard Credits for entry, which may or may not be earned by watching my stream and playing chat games while watching said stream. There is the distinct possibility that those who have been watching for an exceptionally long time may or may not have a slight advantage over those who might possibly tune in for the very first time tonight.

Furthermore, I might be the reanimated corpse of Billy Mays with attention deficiency issues. This and more at 9pm EDT, only on Twitch.

/hides from Star Pilgrim. :D
I am not stream police, so don't worry.

I have watched your streams, and I like most of them.
So keep on doing what you do. :)

I realize that this is the format by most any twitch streamer today and it has become accepted by people who watch the streams.
It is entirely up to the streamer how he wishes to have giveaways handled and if currency is to be used in order to reward regular "customers" / those who watch streams regularly.

But if you are advertising in the main CIG forums, it is fair to include this "fact" in the small print or rules section, even.

You keep regular viewers because they like your personality and what you show them, not because of any giveaway.
And you get new people mostly by word of mouth and "fair and enticing" promotions / advertisements.

Last edited:

Jimmy Dean

Rear Admiral
Apr 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Jimmy_Dean
I "RANT" as you put it, regarding anything and anyone who tries to misguide, misrepresents or in any other way tries to gain money off peoples participation.

If you fall into that category, I spit on you and wish your balls catch fire and burn away.

If you do not, I appreciate your hard work if it is worthy, and approve of you becoming a successful businessman with your stream "if you are indeed a streamer".

I give credit where credit is due.
And yes, I despise profiteering by misuse and misrepresentation,.. anything born to deceive people, just to get a buck.
Pretty harsh words for someone in the same organization. You sound like a real team player and I can't wait to get to know you. :D

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Harsh words, for harsh reality.

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
@CaptainRichard I'll have my 4000 credits ready for tonight. Already lost 4,700 on Baron's channel today to someone who only followed today. So the chance is always out there to win no matter what. I stay in my favorite streamers chat's and and pages whenever I can to show some support even if I'm not there.

I have noticed a major streamer has now started using a different way to earn credits and frequently does VIP ($5+ donations I think) only giveaways. I'm not sure about the rules on VIP or sub giveaways but I always thought they needed to be keyword or enter all under that category to be acceptable. Not a fan of those unless it's free, also made my credits in his channel useless anyway. So should probably stop lurking anyway.

Forgot your password?