TESTing 3.0 the TEST Squadron way

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
So last night, @Blind Owl and I set off on a mission, a mission to crash a big ship into another big ship and see what would happen. So after about 15 minutes of control setup we headed out to Yela in my Caterpillar Pirate edition. I was piloting and the landing was fine, though we did overshoot the landing by 25km. Slowing down in a Caterpillar is just not reasonable. But finally we made our first stop.

We decided to pick up a bike or two from Yela before searching for another landing site with players, so we got out by running through the closed doors and jumping down to the ground. A Freelancer showed up and after spawning our bikes we realized that he jacked the Caterpillar and took off. Bloody hell!

So then we decided to ride our bikes for a bit. Blind Owl jumped on his and it went straight up and into orbit. The poor bastard never stood a chance and ended up falling to his death in order to come back down. Turns out at that speed you don't bounce. I tried to spawn another ship to fly away but that mining site would only let us spawn bikes and wheeled vehicles. So I decided to head to the next nearest site to spawn another ship.

I flew about 200 km to a shelter and found out that there were no landing pads to spawn vehicles at. There was another player there in an Alpha. I thought he logged out or something since I could not find him, so I decided to steal the ship. I am a pirate, in case you were wondering. Every time I got in the pilot seat, the ship would rotate to the same angle and then just sit there. Like it was pointing to some treasure or something. It would not move, it would not rotate. It was just stuck.

So I got out and just fell to the ground. The ship ended up landing upside down. The pilot was there waiting for me with a look of disappointment that only a mother could give. I tried jumping in my Dragonfly and flipping it back over but the Alpha was just too heavy. At that point in time Blind Owl showed up.

It was night by then. Could not see anything. Blind Owl ended up flying to meet me in a Scythe or a Glaive or something. Without being able to see the ground, Blind Owl parked it sideways and in the air so when he got out there was no way to get back to the ship. True TEST parking job. So we jumped on my Dragonfly and searched for another place to spawn ships with a landing pad.

It was still dark and there was no way we could see anything. We ended up going back to the same place we started at on the planet and overshooting the landing by 3 km. Blind Owl got off during flight and thought about running there but it was 3,000m and not 300m like he thought, so I had to find him in the dark. Turns out that you can't see flashlights through the pitch black hills and flashlights don't even show up unless you're close enough in game to detect them. Finding him took a bit but then we finally made it back.

We made it back to the landing site when @sum1 showed up. He flew all the way out to meet us in his Hoplite and gave us a lift to Levski. At that point in time I had a Greycat and refused to leave it behind but it turned out not to be a sad day since it really does fit in the back of that ship. We flew to Levski but upon landing the game decided to store his ship. Blind Owl and Sum1 got teleported to the side but I was still in the Greycat, so I got teleported into storage. Storage looks like the Twilight Zone.

We spawned at Olisar again and tried to grab another ship. I was going to fly us all there so I spawned a Freelancer but the doors didn't spawn. So then I spawned a Cutlass but the doors didn't spawn. So then I spawned another Cutlass and the doors didn't spawn. So then I spawned a Gemini, which seemed promising until it brought the server to its knees and we had about 1 FPS. I think Sum1 hit -1 FPS. I still had 9 FPS on my super computer but it still looked like 2 FPS. I think the FPS counter lies on really fast computers.

Anyways, we abandoned ship and headed to another server where I summoned a Freelancer and we headed off to Levski. Sum1 was the gunner and Blind Owl was my Co-pilot. We got ambushed by 3 guys but the Freelancer has such good acceleration that we just boosted away without harm. Went to land at Levski and Blind Owl hailed the flight tower for me and they let us land.

I did a perfect landing but my controls got borked and I could not open the doors from the pilot seat or turn off the engines. So the Freelancer sort of floated away as we were getting out. Fun stuff.

We ran around Levski for about 15 minutes then called it a night. Blind Owl took a lot more pictures than I did. Hopefully he'll post some here for you guys to see.

ScreenShot0058.jpg
ScreenShot0059.jpg
ScreenShot0060.jpg

Forgot your password?