Today is Dec 21st, the shortest day of the year!

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Actually it's the 22th ;D tomorrow (for us eurodanish), which means after that it'll get start to get warmer, except nature runs with a delay so the shortest day / coldest day doesn't go hand in hand, but something like that.

That is all. <3

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Ah summer will be here again soon probably before 3.0! I am glad I live in a place with seasons just because its more interesting!

Longer days means more sun means more heat but as said above there is a delay as it takes a while before your part of the world heats up or cools down, even the sun isn't instantaneous unless you crash into it!

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Just remember: when you're done with a crime scene, always use bleach :slight_smile:
Thats why I commit all of my felonies on a boat. Once I'm done, I just sink the crime scene. No problemo.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I used the solstice as an excuse to leave work early, theorizing that if the day itself was shorter, then the work day should be proportionally shorter also. The boss said he would have bought into that, but "proportionally shorter" did not work out to 6 hours and 42 minutes...I have to work Saturday.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
But it's summer. And it's hot.
And it's still light at 8pm.

How is that short?

You crazy northerners. Next you'll say something really weird like its snowing at Christmas time. Pfft, time for a bbq I think.
Clarification: For everybody whose head points up when their feet are on the ground, it is the shortest day of the year. If your head is pointing down when your feet are on the ground, then it's not...

Reactions: Sportsvee
Forgot your password?