Trade in my Avenger titan

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
It has a turret
Yeah I thought it did. Couldn't remember.
And by barrels do you mean these?
Yes, they're the same on the base and Max, but half as many. The DUR and MIS have 2 on the upper half, and 2 on the lower half of the turret. The base and Max have one on top, and one on bottom... on both sides. At least that's what the stats say, and the visual in game for the Max. They're good weapons even then but overkill is nice.

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
Yeah I thought it did. Couldn't remember.

Yes, they're the same on the base and Max, but half as many. The DUR and MIS have 2 on the upper half, and 2 on the lower half of the turret. The base and Max have one on top, and one on bottom... on both sides. At least that's what the stats say, and the visual in game for the Max. They're good weapons even then but overkill is nice.
There's 2 gatling guns on each side on my MIS, the pic is a bit dark but you can see it if you zoom in. (so 2 guns on that side you see total)

/edit
Brighter pic
1573672239192.png

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
There's 2 gatling guns on each side on my MIS, the pic is a bit dark but you can see it if you zoom in. (so 2 guns on that side you see total)

/edit
Brighter pic
View attachment 14219
Good info... Here are two shots, DUR and Max.

The Dur
Dur.jpg

and Max (I assume the base looks the same)

max.jpg

Ignore the diagnosis at the top, I have that set because I'm watching GPU usage.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The base and Max Freelancer both have only 2 barrels on each side. The DUR and MIS have 4 on each side. The rear turret on these is just something to think about, but it's not that bad to have. Needs to be manned. Right now, I can also say the DUR has that rear turret. Not entirely sure about the MIS, I only flew one once, some time ago it was a loaner ship from CIG. I can say only it has an impressive missile rack.

And yes the avenger is a good ship in combat. Responsive and fun to fly. I like it because of the fun part, everything else it does is gravy. I upgraded mine to the DUR btw. Sometimes I wish I had not, but the Avenger isn't that expensive if I ever get the urge to blow up more frequently do more combat again.
The Base Freelancer, like the MIS and DUR and Max all have two size 3 guns per side. Since the rework they all also have the rear turret. The Base has two tarantulas per side, (Which it has had since the Size 4 Combines were downgraded) while the MIS has 2 GT-220 per side. I believe the MAX is carrying Lasers, no idea what the DUR carries.

View: https://youtu.be/xOPAsg77PsI

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Good info... Here are two shots, DUR and Max.

The Dur
View attachment 14220

and Max (I assume the base looks the same)

View attachment 14221

Ignore the diagnosis at the top, I have that set because I'm watching GPU usage.
Those are a pair of size 3 Attritions on the DUR. Each Attrition Laser repeater has 2 barrels, like each Panther has 3 and a GT220 has 4. It is still a pair of size 3 weapons per side.

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Those are a pair of size 3 Attritions on the DUR. Each Attrition Laser repeater has 2 barrels, like each Panther has 3. It is still a pair of size 3 weapons per side.
Looking again at the stats, you're right. But they are ballistic, not laser.
2X 3 GATS Ballistic Cannon (2) is what is listed for all Freelancers. I've never had a problem with them, not that I look for combat but sometimes it's unavoidable. The laser cannons are on the rear turret. (what the hell is a laser cannon?)

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
2X 3 GATS Ballistic Cannon (2) is what is listed for all Freelancers. I've never had a problem with them, not that I look for combat but sometimes it's unavoidable. The laser cannons are on the rear turret. (what the hell is a laser cannon?)

Its when you ball up lazer beams and then load them into a cannon with a black powerer charge.

Sort of like this but with lazers.
Image result for dragon ball z energy ball

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The image you showed of the DUR was size 3 Attrition Laser Repeaters.
When you look at the weapon screen in the cockpit on the DUR what does it say?

This is the screen from the Base, which I just rented. Tarantula MKIII Autocanons (Balistic) The MIS has GT-220 Mantis Ballistic Gatling Guns.
TarantulaMkIII.jpg

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
The image you showed of the DUR was size 3 Attrition Laser Repeaters.
When you look at the weapon screen in the cockpit on the DUR what does it say?

This is the screen from the Base, which I just rented. Tarantula MKIII Autocanons (Balistic) The MIS has GT-220 Mantis Ballistic Gatling Guns. View attachment 14222
It says, "Hey Vav, CIG screwed you again".

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I'm looking into the same problem right now: since the annual sale is approaching and i feel i need a bigger QT faster ship I'm also looking for buy either a CatBlack of a Freelancer base...
Price point is similar and yesterday I've rented a Freelancer for testting (I've tested the Cat during the FF event...)

Up to now my Pro and cons for every ship are:

Catlass Black
PRO:
- more agile and better top speed
- better positioned tuttet
- usable both for cargo trasport and drop ship (since have six seat in the back)
- side big door are great for quick diembark troop and providing support fire
CONS
- lighter armament (4x S3 hardpoint -> S2 gimbal weapon stock)
- smaller cargo hold
- 2 crew only (not counting the turret gunnner)
- a bit fragile on the front wings -> risk of loosing one weapon
- actually very bugged

Freelancer
PRO
- better cargo hold
- better armament (4x S3 gimbal mount as stock)
- 4 crew (not counting the turret gunner)
CONS
- less agile while not so "heavy" on manuver like the Conny
- non suited for dropship role
- not so great visibility
- more damage resistant

Actiually I'm very confused on witch ship to get, I'm not a fun od Drake's models and the Cut still have a lots of bug, but also have a superior versatility even if is a little underguned compared to the Freelancer.
Freelancer on the other hands is a better trading ship, have more firepower, can accomodate more crew, and even if not so manuvrable I feel it can take more punch... and is not bugged ATM....

I've a question for the not-MAX freelancer howner: the standard-wide cargo hold accodate a Cyclone? Can the Cutlass do the same?

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I want to get a cutlass black but I can not decide if I want to keep my avenger titan or not. What do you guys think?
You want to keep your Avenger you don't event need to think about it!
I have one and is the best pledge I've done, never regret it: is small, fairly agile, fast, really easy to pilot, have a firepower that is equivalent of a dedicated fighter of the same size (gladius) and also is a versatile one (1x S4 and 2x S3, can allow you a lots of configuration both fixed and gimbled), have a phisical cargo hold and a bed.

For me, for a solo ship, it check all the boxes, the only negative point is that the QT speed is a bit low but I can't really expect much better then that for a smal ship...

Oh, and when CIG will flash out the bountyhunter option it will be able to use some of his cargo hold for prison compartment, so you can convert it in a bounty hunter ship, can accodate a greycat and will accomodate the Renaged bike (one at least)... all of this in a ship that can fit in almost any ship hangar, like the 890J, the Carrack, the Polaris etc...

Forgot your password?