Turns out distribution centers are the next iteration of Jumptown

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD

Unlike the name would suggest, distribution centers have less to do with hauling gameplay, and are more like targets for bombing and assault.
This is rather disappointing, as I was hoping CIG would finally flesh out non-combat professions a bit more.
Sigh.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Yeah, it looks a huge FPS PVP level... Similar to the Pyro stations with no armistice zone in the Tech Preview builds last year...
That said, AI Security and GTA-like player law enforcement agencies should help in the future.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I can imagine they would be a giant honeypot for nefarious types but it's also pretty much a bottleneck for almost all types of mission. Resources destination for Mining and Scrap, cargo hauling, piracy and other types of criminal activity, counter criminal security... They'll have it all and it's a place to push Players together to interact with each other.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Ok, so this might not be the most popular view, but I'm basing it on this video as it's the most current info we have. Yes, there is a lot more combat to be expected around these new massive locations than previously expected, but they did point out that these are meant to be a bit of everything for everybody to a degree. They pointed out that there will be things for both legal & illegal, aggressive & passive style players to do in & around these areas. So I'm curious as to what sorts of things will be happening, how frequently & how the actions of the aggressive / combat players will effect those of the passive that just want to get in, get their stuff done without effecting anybody else & leave. I'm also looking forward to learning what sorts of rep rewards can be gained through these locations.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I can imagine I'll be pootling along in a Mule doing an internal delivery mission and some pirate nonsense'll go down and I'll have to Mount a Panther to it and go out there like Howard The Duck facing down a Dark Overlord Of The Universe:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP1DT9JAUtA

Forgot your password?