UK Bar Citizen - Manchester - 2 March 2024

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Hey folks!

For those in the UK, I've been asked to pass on word that a couple of backers are organizing a meetup at the Brewdog Doghouse bar in Manchester on 2 March 2024 - the same place a Bar Citizen was held on 17 June last year. (So obviously it isn't a TEST-specific event.)

They've extended an invitation to the CIG devs. Here's the event page: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/manchester-bar-citizen-brewdog-doghouse-manchester-bar-rooftop-tickets-793056432137?utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-medium=discovery&utm-term=listing&utm-source=cp&aff=ebdsshcopyurl. Given how close it is to CIG's main offices, I'd imagine there will be a few that stop by.

Sadly I am already spoken for that weekend, otherwise I'd go. It's a nice bar, and I enjoyed the last meetup there.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Hmm interesting I am not going on holiday this year so could justify a weekend in the Manc? Do I bring my yellow suit though that is the question.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Gaww man... A five hour round drive to enjoy some non-alcofrolic beverages in the company of like minded individuals...?

sounds cool but if only I could put aside that little slice of social phobia that also stops you from going on to Discord and meeting up with other TESTies in game, eh? No distance would be too small to be a barrier when you get a feeling like that :-D

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
5 hour huh about 3,5 for me - where abouts are you Naff?
Lincolnshire, so about the other side of the country to where Manchester is give or take a hundred miles (minus any kind of reliable public transport ofcourse) :like:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Shame that there are not going to be any in Australia. I'd be there in a heartbeat. I can fly four hours in a strait line and still be in my own country.

Have fun though, any excuse to meet up with others is worthwhile.
Depending on where you are you may be able to set up your own Bar Citizen? Might not get any Devs in person but you might be able to get a recorded video address or maybe a Q&A via vid-call?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Lincolnshire, so about the other side of the country to where Manchester is give or take a hundred miles (minus any kind of reliable public transport ofcourse) :like:
Ah been there a few times, it's where me grandpappys from (Grimbsby way) - you'll find his air records in Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre archives.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Ah been there a few times, it's where me grandpappys from (Grimbsby way) - you'll find his air records in Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre archives.
Oooh aye up at East Kirkby? Pass there on the route to Skeggy, always mean to drop in but never manage to.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Oooh aye up at East Kirkby? Pass there on the route to Skeggy, always mean to drop in but never manage to.
Yeh - you should go it's especially awesome to stand under the Lancaster's engines when they taxi over your head out on to the runway. Hell of a sight and sound to behold!

Forgot your password?