Voice Acting

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
So recently I've been interested in pursuing voice acting, posting some auditions on the subreddit /r/recordthis and taking people's requests. Today... yesterday (fuck, it's almost 3) I got a message by a guy who said my audition was good and that he'd like use it in his L4D campaign.

It might be a really small part and unpaid, but I feel super encouraged and excited by this. So yeah.
Cool bud. If you're really keen I would look for some voice acting classes somewhere, unless you've already have taken some. Just helps when selling yourself really. I would also go around with a good demo to all the recording studios in your area, which might nab you a gig.

I've done a bit; it's actually pretty damn hard to enunciate everything consistently. If your producer is a stickler it can be a long day. Biggest job I had was for a huge transit company; did a bunch of public service announcements and reports for them. It's kinda awesome riding on public transit and hearing your own voice telling people to be safe yadda yadda and to pick up their garbage, lol.

Keep at it

Reactions: SkippyLeDoo

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Wouldn't do much damage? For a light aircraft, a bird strike or a drone strike could be deadly - a larger engine may have better chances, but if you're in a single engine plane and lose the powerplant on climbout, you start praying for an empty field somewhere in front of you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a 'drone'/RC pilot as well as full-size, but parking your transponder-less drone inside of class Bravo airspace is a tremendously bad idea.
Sure, it would damage a smaller plane regardless of impact point, but I was referring to bigger jets.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Congratulations man, It's great when you can get paid to do something you want to do anyway!

Forgot your password?