Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Sidearm: Coda

Primary: Devastator
Secondary: Either the S71 or the Scalpel, depends on the situation.

That being said, on deep space exploration:

Sidearm:
Arclight

Primary: Devastator
Secondary: Either the Karna or the Arrowhead, depends on the situation.

It is said that later on, we can recharge energy weapon magazines from the ship systems. Going all energy saves the need for bulky ballistic rounds.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Call me a bit wacky if you like, I look like an Ewok after all, but if I would have to choose, my favorites are the Gemini laser weapons. They are supposed to be rather well crafted & light weight, plus I love how they look as well as handle. If someday I can charge their spent magazines with my ship, that will be even better. This being said, I would love to get each of them in the "Executive" color scheme to properly TESTify with my Space Marshal armor.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Looks to me like the Demeco is all I need, but gimme 6-7 mags.

1567261773762.png

There are still a lot of players carrying more than a single weapon. Just a reminder, that is not optimal for the same reasons soldiers don't carry "backup" weapons. You have enough to carry and unless you have need of a special weapon, one should suffice. You should try to keep your carried mass just below the tipping point (15, 25, 35, 45, 55). The difference in speed between 44 and 45 kg seems quite significant and your stamina drain will be as well. (Pro tip: wear light leggings. No one shoots below the waist and it saves huge on stamina as well as weight. Found this in several FPS vids from seasoned combat guys.).

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
As I'm a pacifist by convenience (I am crap at fighting so know not to bother), I deplore all violence and refuse to take part in it even under provocation, however these are the armaments that have come into my possession on my travels.

So:

Arclight II Energy Pistola.
1567237100293.png

Cit-Con 2947 edition Custodian SMG.
1567237315554.png

Voyager edition Arrowhead.
1567237225624.png

If there were some non-lethal ordnance I'm sure I'd be more likely to carry that than these vulgar deathtoys...

...that said my main carry sidearm is the Scourge Rail Gun when I can find it, but I can rarely find it. (Purely for self defense, of course.)

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
There are still a lot of players carrying more than a single weapon. Just a reminder, that is not optimal for the same reasons soldiers don't carry "backup" weapons. You have enough to carry and unless you have need of a special weapon, one should suffice. You should try to keep your carried mass just below the tipping point (15, 25, 35, 45, 55). The difference in speed between 44 and 45 kg seems quite significant and your stamina drain will be as well. (Pro tip: wear light leggings. No one shoots below the waist and it saves huge on stamina as well as weight. Found this in several FPS vids from seasoned combat guys.).

Last I heard from friends of mine that have been deployed into combat zones, most soldiers carry a main weapon as well as a backup sidearm weapon for just in case reasons.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Last I heard from friends of mine that have been deployed into combat zones, most soldiers carry a main weapon as well as a backup sidearm weapon for just in case reasons.
I doubt it is "most". Soldiers are not issued second weapons past a knife and many armies no longer issue those. Certainly soldiers pick stuff up, and they're not supposed to, but if they're the one carrying it and they're not slowing down the team, I suppose it is up to them. Point is however in SC, the masses in arms and armor, and the % speed you can move at depending upon how much you carry were designed very deliberately to force you to choose not to carry ridiculous amounts of gear. If you use the calculator above and practice movement, you will indeed see serious differences at each step, and the slower you move the easier you are to hit. The stamina issue is even more important, and it seems to me you really don't want to be moving slower than 85% if you can help it.

Now if you really need a sniper rifle or a railgun, then you're the odd man out and you're gonna move more slowly; but seriously you do not want to do that if you can help it. Use the calculator and see the difference between 44 and 45 kg in your movement. It's huge. The stamina depletion issue is decidedly even bigger. Anyone can see this from watching the right vids on youtube, and virtually all the serious FPSers are carrying just one weapon.

BTW, choose wisely. I watched a vid where the guy loves shotguns and found himself completely unable to run a mission that way because even indoors the range is too short. What he found when he picked up the Demeco was that everything was massively easy because the Demeco kills things great indoors. That guy was carrying a second weapon, but he was moving slowly and was not a defensive player. Once death has consequences, he's going to have lots of bad habits to reform.

Also note on the calculator that only heavy torso allows you 4 grenades, and they are so useful that alone is reason to go heavy torso. You should also carry max med and oxy pens--2 each I think.

Printumus asked about the Multi-tool. That appears is a fantastically powerful thing to have on you! but it weighs 10 kg so you need to sacrifice armor and carry less ammo. They do this to force players to work in teams, or pay the consequences of terrible movement rates that will get you killed. If you're the sniper guy, the railgun guy or the "open-the-door-guy", you carry a light SMG and less ammo. If you're the point man, you're moving faster and if you're the sweeper you damn well better have an LMG.

Forgot your password?