William Wallace's Royal Introduction to the Squardon

Sep 30, 2016
RSI Handle
TRG_WilliamWallace
Hello Test pilots,

My name is William Wallace, and I am a dirty affiliate. With each pilot being able to list up to 9 affiliate organizations, it must be common for someone to join simply to promote themselves. Fear not, for this is not my goal. I would like to explain my goals, and desires for the Test Squardon.

My main organization and focus always was TRG. I have been a member of this cross-game organization since 2009. At this point, that is no longer a focus. It seems that some of the leadership of TRG that wants to contribute to Star Citizen has decided that they don't want to participate until full release. This amount of betrayal and abandonment has left me seeking more organizations to expand the fun and knowledge that I have in the universe.

I can imagine that many people join the organization because of the numbers of members over ten thousand. Fear not Testies, for it is the valiant cry of your noble leader that has brought me to your door. Test Squadron is the Best Squardon, and I would like to be a part of it.

Who is William Wallace? I am a long time gamer, having grown up in the golden age of internet gaming. My first large multiplayer online game was Myth: The Fallen Lords, in which I was able to participate in the precursor to two amazing things - Halo and E-sports. Yes, I know that Esports weren't around in the mid 1990's - but it practically was. I was lucky enough to have a deep history in the game Myth: The Fallen Lords, which had hugely competitive tournaments and world cups. It was also this game that gave us all of the modding and map creation tools that was used to propel Halo to it's market dominance. Yes, Myth is the game that made Halo ... and no Myth is not the puzzle game on the island =). I enjoyed Myth under the moniker of Nurgle, and was in great guilds such as Legion of Angels and the Brotherhood of Bob.

Soon after my Myth days, I fell into the trap of MMORPG. The game to entrance me was Everquest 1. While I played EQ2 for a little bit, it was always the community and playstyle of Eq1 that caught my attention. While I had membership in several casual guilds on the Karana (The Rathe) server, my career led me to being with half a dozen hardcore raiding guilds. Everquest was a community effort, and I have been searching for this type of involvement ever since. I hope to find that sense of community with Star Citizen.

You know a little about my gaming past, but what about me? My name is William Wallace, with surname redacted for security. I am a 30-something year old Army Veteran and Eagle Scout from the great state of Texas. I love traveling the world, cooking, scuba diving, and snow skiing. I feel that my best ability is being a problem solver. I hope to apply my skills and passions to help better the organization.

I came to be a King of the Squadron. No, this isn't something that Montoya needs to worry about. I have no desire to challenge him for leadership of the Squadron, as I am simply a dirty affiliate at the end of the day. Many people have high aspirations and create a bit of "fictional life" to live out their desires and dreams here in the gameworld. For myself, I desire to inject a little bit of my reality into the game to further my game experience. My reality is bringing a little of my family history into the game.

What I bring to the Test Squadron is a bit of royal connection. I am a direct descendant of nearly every major royal bloodline. With ancestors that range from the Pharaohs, to Muhammed and King David, I can draw connections to the leaders of nearly every major country. For those with knowledge of Da Vinci Code, I am both Merovingian from my father and Magdelanian from my mother. Through genetic testing, we have determined that we are an ancient African bloodline. Many people propose that our bloodline are descendants of Nimrod, which is a frightful thought in itself.

Fear not Testies! I have not come to try and assert any sort of authority or privilege. I have come to be a part of you. I have come to participate. My main goal is to solidify relationships with the leadership and members of Test Squadron. I come to you under the flag of Interstellar Diplomacy. I want to make sure that the Test Squadron is represented fairly, in the universe. I understand that it will be difficult to trust me at the beginning, but I hope to show my loyalty through my actions.

I am currently an Emissary for International Diplomacy, but I hope that strengthening community relations gives me a platform which I can further my political career with. While I have no desire to be an actual King, I do feel a responsibility to see that everyone is treated fairly, as if I were King. The dark history and mal-deeds of my predecessors have left a void. It is to fill this void that I work my penance. To fill this void, I desire diplomatic peace. To have the support of Test Squadron, will make this work much more satisfying.

In effort of full disclosure, I want to discuss the organizations that I have been starting relationships with. TRG has been a love of mine for years, but I am feeling a rift come between us. Their delay and hesitation in the universe may be fatal for our relationship. Officially, I have put them into "waiting" mode. The danger here is that this move then opens up my heart to finding another main organization in this world. Even if TRG joins Star Citizen en-mass tomorrow, I'm unsure if I would make it my main again.

My current main is set at Interstellar Diplomacy Organization. My original plans were to carry out my jobs as an Emissary with the diplomatic organization being just an affiliate organization, I am open to the thought of carrying out diplomacy as my main focus. This is one relationship where I must find my true desires, and only time can bring those desires to light.

My only other current affiliate organization is Explorer (Xplor). In the desires that true diplomacy reaches all edges of the universe, I have also joined with this organization to expand my reach. I feel that many of us are explorers in our own rite, and that there will be much knowledge gained from learning directly from our universe. A smile bathes my face each time I think of spreading diplomacy to the dark corners and unknown civilizations of space. Fear not, for my devotion to diplomacy and to the Test/Best Squardon will not waver. You will find that I am not one to let my loyalties be changed by my current priorities.

With all of that being said, I hope to get to know many of you quite well. I plan to share my escapades and learning through many live streams and videos created. I feel that intricate cross-organization diplomacy will give a very fun insight and view of Star Citizen. This is much more than a space sim, and much more than a partial FPS. This is a universe, with no better way of showing how expansive it truly is.

Last edited:

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
So many words.....

Welcome to Test! You'll find a few of us Army types around here (Active myself and counting off the years till retirement... At least 8 more) and other military veterans of current service members. From the US, New Zealand, and or hat (I mean Canada).

Grab a beer if you want to retain your affiliate status and crash a ship.... You'll fit right in ;)

Forgot your password?