Windows 10 - reserve your copy for next month when it comes out

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I don't have Insider anymore or whatever it used to be called (MSNA Alliance?) have they stated if I can do a clean install without installing 7 and patching? I'm already on an upgraded Win 7 to 8.1 system right now. For some reason I was thinking I was able to do 8.1 clean last format but am not sure. I really should really have a better backup plan and label my discs...
The old FaQ said you can clean install, so I assume thats still true

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Assumption if the first step to failure ;)

And especially when you assume things regarding mickeysoft
the assumption is that anything they took back they actually said they did, and this they didnt say anything new about

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Basically it clarifies.

If you have/had windows 7/8/8.1 license and want to upgrade to Win 10 it is free for you.
This is the same what they have been saying since the beginning.

Now if you happened to upgrade your version of win 7/8 to the windows 10 preview, you have the full version free also.

IF you have installed preview version without any previous license, you will have to pay.
Fair enough, since you did not buy windows 7/8 previously and they sure will not hand out Win 10 to you free of charge just because you happen to test a preview build.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
From what I read off microsofts information they keep sending me (insider/beta tester for close to a decade) you are getting a new key with 10, a replacement key so reinstalls should be fine, but they like to change things so it may well change lol
In that case this is awesome, unless, as you state, they might simply change it.

Forgot your password?