Wingman gets banned from RSI chat (then unbanned)

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya

That sucks for Eric, but I guess they need to draw the line somewhere.

I can understand that they probably did not like him hawking his game inside chat. A lot of people on RSI love the guy, and he knows he gets a warm reception from everybody, but at the same time RSI does have rules that applies to everybody, even ex employees.

This probably puts the final nail in that relationship, it is business after all.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Kinda sucks for Wingman and the community that followed Wingmans Hanger and all... I mean I understand... BUT I would think they would give him more of a pass on it. I mean didn't we see some COMLINK articles on other KickStart style games from RSI directly (such as Ultima Online)?

But... as Thom said: Gooiidou-sama is so kawaii~~ ^.^

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
If they didn't want him there talking about it maybe they shouldn't have all told us to go back it and publicly state that the CEO backed it.

Reactions: Dalarast

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
There's a difference between implicit (or overt) support of wingman's project and allowing wingman to essentially advertise in chat. He was asked many times not to do it, and then he went and did it. I'd wager had wingman said "I'm stoked that you're interested, but Star Citizen's chat isnt' really the place to talk about Descent; why don't you pop on over to www.thisismywebsite.com sometime and we can talk some more about it then.", he'd still be happily posting in the RSI chat.

Forgot your password?