Well the Gold Standard Tali is in the 3.23.1 PTU.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino

Meanwhile they are redesigning the 600i which is actually fine as it is let's be honest.

CIG hates tally for some reason.
Well... the 600i base is fine (except for the floor window that is ugly as hell), but the exploration variat is a different story and is very in need of a rework...

I like the exterior of the Tally, but i need some other weapon for the pilot, even if it is a bestspoke weapon like the S2 nose mount of the Vanguard.
be a torpedo operator only is already silly, being only a pilot in a ship of this size in other non armed variant suck.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Given the shape of the Tally, I'm not sure how much they could've redesigned without expanding it, because it's very sleek & everything is fit in extra tight given it's torpedo payload. Personally, at the very least, I would've widened her by about 2 meters to give a small amount of more room in the corridors as well as increase the size of the module bays to ensure that the 32scu containers fit for sure, but if that also provided enough room for a couple extra torps, I wouldn't be upset.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I like the glass looking in on the module, but IMHO, if they had gotten rid of both hallways and had you walk through the module itself, they would have gained a lot of floor space, which is a huge commodity aboard ship. As with the HH, I just can’t get myself to believe anyone would use such a wasteful design.

Oh well, I’m glad the gold standard pass is near. Will we see the Titansuit bays by Invictis?
It doesn't sound like anything more than the torp bays, the cargo bays and the null bays. Considering they showed us the living and dropship modules 3 years ago, and the modules have been in builds since, at least, 3.0 I find that a little disappointing.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
That is one of the modules. The “drop ship” module has Titansuit charging stations, so we’ve been hoping to see the suits release with the modules.

The Titansuit may become one of the big sellers for the Tally as you can’t just stick them anywhere. Do try to stick one outside the Carrack med bay, as guarding the respawn point is key in repelling boarders.
Titan suit and dtopship are two different modules.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I think they could have removed one of the correctors. It’s not like there are twenty people running past each other in them.

There were pretty broad complaints about all the wasted space in the 600i. Hope they fix that.
Removing a corridor means you couldn't get to the components or one of the waist guns.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The pics of the drop ship module clearly show a couple specialized Titansuit bays inside the troop seating area, so maybe the drop ship module comes with or without Titansuit support.

There are certainly ways to build the modules so access to the turrets is through them. I’d have been happiest with no dedicated hallways as they’re wasted space. Like storage lockers, CIG just does not put adequate concern into volumetric usage. It’s often deliberate. They don’t want grav plates in Vanguards because if the Vanguards had even 8 SCU space, no one would buy the Cutty.

I don’t think there was real reasoning behind the twin hallways in the Tally nor the HH. As I’ve noted before, the center of mass of the ship should also have the highest mass density. That makes all the rotational moments smaller and rotation faster. Making the center of the ship empty is about the worst choice one has so far as maneuverability is concerned. It also makes getting around the ship a chore.

Some stuff you know they won’t fix. I get it. Think though, what else you could do with all the deck space of that hallway. It’s a lot. Aegis was my favorite manufacturer for years, but no more. I’ve traveled thousands of miles in a motor home. I know what well designed vehicle space looks like.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The pics of the drop ship module clearly show a couple specialized Titansuit bays inside the troop seating area, so maybe the drop ship module comes with or without Titansuit support.
The Drop Ship Module page doesn't mention Titan Suits.

Get ready for the amphibious assault! The Retaliator’s dropship module has seats for twelve troopers complete with safety harnesses and two heavy weapon racks in the middle of the lift. The outer ring of the bay serves as an armory, including two grenade/ammunition cases, four rifle racks, two sidearm racks and energy recharge stations for all standard power armor.
No idea how "amphibious assault applies though.

I'm not seeing anyplace for a Titan suit in the image. Where are you talking about.

Titan suits are mentioned further down the page:
The Future
There are more Retaliator modules in the pipeline! As the mechanics behind various persistent universe roles begin to take their final form, we will be developing additional modules to support different jobs. These include cryo-stasis pods for bounty hunters, medical equipment, recharging stations for Titan armor, salvage equipment and more. Stay tuned—your ships are getting more versatile!

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
There are certainly ways to build the modules so access to the turrets is through them. I’d have been happiest with no dedicated hallways as they’re wasted space. Like storage lockers, CIG just does not put adequate concern into volumetric usage. It’s often deliberate. They don’t want grav plates in Vanguards because if the Vanguards had even 8 SCU space, no one would buy the Cutty.

I don’t think there was real reasoning behind the twin hallways in the Tally nor the HH. As I’ve noted before, the center of mass of the ship should also have the highest mass density. That makes all the rotational moments smaller and rotation faster. Making the center of the ship empty is about the worst choice one has so far as maneuverability is concerned. It also makes getting around the ship a chore.

Some stuff you know they won’t fix. I get it. Think though, what else you could do with all the deck space of that hallway. It’s a lot. Aegis was my favorite manufacturer for years, but no more. I’ve traveled thousands of miles in a motor home. I know what well designed vehicle space looks like.
You have to get to the waist turrets, because you just got snared, or you have to leave the waist turret to help with damage control. How do you get through the size 9 torpedo?

The Tali is a bomber specifically designed to carry size 9 torps, which are carried along the center line and have significant mass. The components are evenly distributed on each side so cancel each other out for angular acceleration. The only imbalance is if you fire an odd number of torps, so, for physics, you keep them close to the centerline.
The other modules are aftermarket and aren't part of the original architecture of the ship.

The only extra space "freed up" are the module walls. I'm pretty sure the walls are needed to transport the modules without the ship.

You still have to be able to traverse the area and get to both the stations and the Components. See the Freelancer and the C/M2 Hercules as the two most obvious examples. They don't even have components or stations in the cargo bay, and you don't need the ramp(s) to enter or exit but they have hallways when fully loaded, there just isn't a wall on the inboard side.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I'm just going to keep my perspective on the Tally simple. I like the ship, and while I admit that there will probably always be things about it that can be improved, I'm going to do my best to enjoy whatever we're given to use it to its potential.
My complaints are nitpicking. As long as it keeps it's better flight model, it currently has, and bigger ships become viable in combat, I'm keeping it.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I have wet dreams about an Idris or perhaps a Javelin landing planet side and deploying a platoon of soldiers with supporting Titans and Tumbril Storms. Ready to mess somebody up. The Tali could join in the fun too.
For the GLORY of TEST!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Well I said I was disappoint but that was before it got to PU.

She purdy. And she Flies Nice. And she sounds Nice.

TEST TALY BEST TLAYL
1716331768413.png

Also she now has cargu.
1716331811455.png

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
Hi Folks,

More of a PSA then anything, i wanted to mention that the retaliator base and the retaliator bomber have now gone and are not able to be CCU'd either to or from. They have been replaced by 'the Retaliator' at $175. So if you have any of the old CCU's for the 'base' or 'bomber' version don't melt as you cant get them back.

Thanks

White Lando

Admiral
Donor
Nov 25, 2021
RSI Handle
White_Lando
Well I said I was disappoint but that was before it got to PU.

She purdy. And she Flies Nice. And she sounds Nice.

TEST TALY BEST TLAYL

Also she now has cargu.
Nice pics! :o7:

I was disappointed to see the Nursa couldn't fit in either cargo bay but then remembered there'll eventually be a medical bay module?

It always seemed like a solid respawn location with all those turrets waiting to be manned. Plus the other module can stay torpedoes to deal with enemy vessels that carry medical beds.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The Drop Ship Module page doesn't mention Titan Suits.

No idea how "amphibious assault applies though.

I'm not seeing anyplace for a Titan suit in the image. Where are you talking about.

Titan suits are mentioned further down the page:

I presumed the recharging stations for standard power armor ARE the Titansuit bays. Is there another type of power armor? Pretty sure there was a graphic too, showing the Titansuits in their recharging bays.

When did the Tally get 6S2 shields?

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I presumed the recharging stations for standard power armor ARE the Titansuit bays. Is there another type of power armor? Pretty sure there was a graphic too, showing the Titansuits in their recharging bays.

When did the Tally get 6S2 shields?
The regular armor will, eventually, need charging. You will also, eventually, be able to charge energy weapon magazines. Titan suits are mentioned as a possible additional module.

Back around 3.14, when the Connie got a size 3 shield, there was lots of noise about the Tali only still having 2 size 2 shields. CIG said therewas no room for size 3 shield components. They increased the hitpoints, to a stupid amount, temporarily. As of 3.23 they dropped the HP back to a reasonable amount and went with 6 × S2 shields.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Hi Folks,

More of a PSA then anything, i wanted to mention that the retaliator base and the retaliator bomber have now gone and are not able to be CCU'd either to or from. They have been replaced by 'the Retaliator' at $175. So if you have any of the old CCU's for the 'base' or 'bomber' version don't melt as you cant get them back.

Thanks
If you have a Vanguard Cat, Carrack or 600i as part of a CCU chain they are likely to cause similar issues. Expect the Vanguard to be next as the modules are already in the build.

Forgot your password?