RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Loved the shape, hate the 27% VAT... fuck this place and it's tax laws.... for the hundred something bucks it looks like a decent upgrade path filler.
For the nearly 200, I personally will have to skip. Already have a spirit C1 for cargo/daily use, and I wouldn't be interested in any of the non-cargo variants. I got not no need for a QD disruptor, or a "do nothing exceptionally well" exploration ship for now. Already got a 300i for that.
I might get it in game though, that classic wedge shape is neat!

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Trying to figure the differences between the Zeus II MR and the Cutty Blue. The big one is the zeus has both the Dampner and the EMP. The second big difference is it goes from crew of two to three.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Just a heads up, both of the lower cost Zeus versions are $10 CCU from a Ballista, which is often discounted with warbond CCU during the annual ILW events. So that's what I went for them. Meanwhile, the higher cost version was a $5 CCU from a Sabre Comet. $25 for 3 CCU makes me happy. Let the CCU dance of patience & timing begin. LoL

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Trying to figure the differences between the Zeus II MR and the Cutty Blue. The big one is the zeus has both the Dampner and the EMP. The second big difference is it goes from crew of two to three.
The Cutty Blue also has 12 prisoner pods. It looks like the MR has only a pair, but I might be seeing that incorrectly.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Honestly, it's a matter of taste
3x S2 shields vs 1 S2 shield in the Cutlass
Fuel 2xS2 vs 1xS2 (this might be split, it might not be, things are looking weird on the tech specs of the Zeus)
2xS4 and 2 turrets turrets with 2xS3 vs 4xS4 and a turret with 2xS3
Blue Lots more missiles
16 SCU of cargo vs 12
Zeus 10m longer, 12m wider, 6m taller, so it's a bigger target too.
Not sure if Zeus is Quantum Snare + Quantum dampener, or just dampener
Cutlass has a lot more storage form the looks of it, but how much more is unknown.

Overall, I think on paper, the Zeus wins, but it's not a solid victory. It might all come down to how these ships move and can take fire.

Three crew means 3 crew means either more firepower (turrets), or people who can repair the ship if needed. Two crew means less people to split the bounty with.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Decent price I'd say; barely more than a Black. But better than a Black? Still not sure. . .
Considering this is the Concpet price this most definitely won't be in cutty land once flyable, might challenge the Taurus...?

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Considering this is the Concpet price this most definitely won't be in cutty land once flyable, might challenge the Taurus...?
The CL looks like it will be a challenger to both the Constellation Taurus and the Freelancer MAX:
  • It has less cargo space than the Constellation Taurus, but will be easier to load (ramp Vs. cargo bay beneath hull) and more convenient for loading vehicles into.
  • It has fractionally more cargo space than the Freelancer MAX, but seems like it may have a more "useable" cargo bay for storing the cargo, possibly fitting 4 32SCU containers, compared to the Freelancer MAX's cargo grids (two 1x2x3, and one 3x4x9), as well as possibly fitting more vehicles.

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
I got a handful of CCUs for the ES and MR variants using store credit. I might get a couple for the CL variant as well after the 24 hours delay on melting will expire.

When I saw the interiors, I immediately thought about the Corsair. now, the Corsair is 55 meters long, which is longer than the Zeus 2 at 46 meters (source: brochures on the RSI website), so the Zeus is not quite that. And the ship matrix on the website says that the Constellation series are all 61 meters long. And the Mercury is also longer, at 56 meters. The Zeus is longer than the Cutlass however, the latter being 36 meters long if you trust the ship matrix. And the Freelancer series are all 38 meters long.

I was quite hard-pressed to find a ship of comparable length to the Zeus 2, but I did find one... the Spirit series (which some might compare to the Cutlass rather than anything else).

It seems the Zeus is either almost, or sort of, in a league of its own. There aren't too many ships intended for a crew of 3. the ship matrix says that the MSR is for 3, but it definitely has more than 3 stations. the Vulcan is under 40 meters according to the ship matrix. But the price range for the Zeus seems to be in line with the Spirit and Cutlass series, despite being bigger. The Zeus 2 CL has a lot more cargo space (128) than the Spirit C1 (48). and the ES variant (32) of the Zeus has a bit less than the S-C1. The Corsair has 72 SCU.

So honestly, I don't think the Zeus really properly compares to any other ship in the matrix. There are almost no other ships of comparable length, crew size or cargo space.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I can't work out where the external facing of the docking collar is placed on the Zeus - On the external images, there's what looks like a "walkway" section with "doors" around 1/2 way down the length of the ship, but looking at the internals, these seem to be set too far back, with the docking collar being about the length of the upper portion of cockpit glass back from the cockpit...

I wonder if the interior (or exterior) is flipped in the image, as the outer edge of the hull/wing look different when comparing the near and far sides.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I got a handful of CCUs for the ES and MR variants using store credit. I might get a couple for the CL variant as well after the 24 hours delay on melting will expire.

When I saw the interiors, I immediately thought about the Corsair. now, the Corsair is 55 meters long, which is longer than the Zeus 2 at 46 meters (source: brochures on the RSI website), so the Zeus is not quite that. And the ship matrix on the website says that the Constellation series are all 61 meters long. And the Mercury is also longer, at 56 meters. The Zeus is longer than the Cutlass however, the latter being 36 meters long if you trust the ship matrix. And the Freelancer series are all 38 meters long.

I was quite hard-pressed to find a ship of comparable length to the Zeus 2, but I did find one... the Spirit series (which some might compare to the Cutlass rather than anything else).

It seems the Zeus is either almost, or sort of, in a league of its own. There aren't too many ships intended for a crew of 3. the ship matrix says that the MSR is for 3, but it definitely has more than 3 stations. the Vulcan is under 40 meters according to the ship matrix. But the price range for the Zeus seems to be in line with the Spirit and Cutlass series, despite being bigger. The Zeus 2 CL has a lot more cargo space (128) than the Spirit C1 (48). and the ES variant (32) of the Zeus has a bit less than the S-C1. The Corsair has 72 SCU.

So honestly, I don't think the Zeus really properly compares to any other ship in the matrix. There are almost no other ships of comparable length, crew size or cargo space.
Something that I learned LONG ago, CIG very rarely if ever, updates the ship matrix. So much if not most of the stats are a bit off here & there. Last I checked anyways. I could be wrong now though.

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
I picked up an upgrade for the CL. I regularly use my Freelancer MAX, and it seems like the CL is an improved version. My Max was an upgrade applied to my very first pledge back in the day, and out of nostalgia I will never get rid of it. We will see next year how the CL will compare and which one I'll use more though.

Forgot your password?