👍

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I've noticed that Canadian owls are friendly, beer loving sociable bunch. Canadian geese on the other hand will casually stroll across a busy highway and not give a flying fuck about 2 ton automobiles that are trying to get past
They also like to crash into US airplanes.

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
They are terrors
Loons... isn't that the word for "Politician"? As in "What in the world have those loons in Odd-awa gone and done now?" Actually I think we might have used a few more adjectives than that, but it's been a while. Or did we just use that to describe The Toronna Maple Leafs? Maybe it was both...

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
to describe The Toronna Maple Leafs?
Last standing Canuck team as of tonight. They have my vote because Babcock.
Loons... isn't that the word for "Politician"? As in "What in the world have those loons in Odd-awa gone and done now?" Actually I think we might have used a few more adjectives than that, but it's been a while
Have you been tracking the dumpster fire that is Ottawa the last few months? It's hilarious!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Have you been tracking the dumpster fire that is Ottawa the last few months? It's hilarious!
Sort of. I use the CBC YouTube channel, there is no real Canadian content at all down here. What does filter through is politicalized for the American entertainment pallet by Fox or CNN or whatnot, so it's "content of dubious value" by the time I get it. BTW it's not a thing against Canada, they do this with news from anywhere, including the US.

Last standing Canuck team as of tonight. They have my vote because Babcock.
Yeah I just... I still like the Senators. I have no idea why.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
BTW it's not a thing against Canada, they do this with news from anywhere, including the US.
Tracking. A huge part of what I do is actually being able to sift through the the different biases (read: bullshit) to discover something resembling the truth.
Yeah I just... I still like the Senators. I have no idea why.
My heart just broke for you. Poor bastard. Haha.
As I do every year, praise the TML's and pray they win lol
Haha, they're growing on me. Ugh. Being from the west (originally) that's a hard thing to say.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
My heart just broke for you. Poor bastard. Haha.
The upside is, I live near Houston, and there seems to be some idea that the Senators could skate in this atmosphere. I mean the ice is sort of fake, and slushy, but you can kinda sorta skate on it. They had an AHL team too for a while, full of Alberta kids. That team left here a while ago, in search of some place that had actual ice, and fans that don't ask "WTF is going on in this game, and why are they ... oh wait... is that a fight? Oh I suddenly like this game!"

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The upside is, I live near Houston, and there seems to be some idea that the Senators could skate in this atmosphere. I mean the ice is sort of fake, and slushy, but you can kinda sorta skate on it. They had an AHL team too for a while, full of Alberta kids. That team left here a while ago, in search of some place that had actual ice, and fans that don't ask "WTF is going on in this game, and why are they ... oh wait... is that a fight? Oh I suddenly like this game!"
Haha, oh my god, slush rinks. Too funny.

It's always cracked me up the massive push by Bettman to move teams into the south, to non-traditional markets. The 7 teams in Canada represent 40% of all television revenue. 7. Out of 31. And they wonder why teams in places like Phoenix struggle.

Forgot your password?