2.2 is Live

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
The new WEB shields seem promising.

Big download for 2.2. Around 27 GB or so. looks like an hour + to download with a 50mb connection.

I was in 2.1 when it dis-connected me for the 2.2 rollover. Good timing.

:)

I just read the web shield stuff. Nice they are taking care of us. I also see the clever marketeers have rolled out the Sabre and Xian again for sale. ABC I guess (Always Be Closing).

Reactions: Blind Owl

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
Finished downloading. Xian looks cool in the hanger!

But Olisar and ArcCorp don't seem to be working yet. No access codes given on the panel when trying to select.

Sad face. But hey, Xian Scout in hanger! :)

Update- CIG changed the access method. Those codes are not there anymore. I see you just click on what you want, (I.E. Port Olisar) and it changes to show quick entry or something like that. Hit launch and you are there. Nice evening. Bagged an ATT4 and tried the Sabre with 4 Panthers (Quad Kitty?) Sabre flies nice. Best release yet. :)

Last edited:

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
WEB shield?

Reactions: Unshaven

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
Web Shield post from CIG. Looks like a stop gap solution while they transition to a new system. Perhaps one WEB shield gen that covers both types of damage (direct fire and splash) instead of the two old ones that were specialized :

Shields Down! (Temporarily)
“The Prefix Code is 1-6-3-0-9.”
One important ‘under the hood’ aspect of 2.2.0 is the start of our rollout towards the updated component system we’ve been working towards. As mentioned above, we have added a new set of Power Plants and Coolers to all existing ships, along with 2 aftermarket Coolers to Voyager Direct to start offering more loadout tuning options for each ship. Our next big step is going to be a rework to all of our Shield Generator components.

To prepare for that next step, we’re needing to make a few short-term changes to how Shield Generators interact with ships. For 2.2, we’ll be locking down the Shield Generators installed to each ship. Avenger shields are locked to Avengers, Mustang shields to Mustangs. Additionally, the current Seal Corp shields offered for sale on Voyager Direct will be temporarily disabled from use.

Now, since we’re temporarily taking something away from the current owners of these Seal Corp shields, we also wanted to take this chance to let everyone know the plans for how these existing purchases will convert into the new component system when the updated Shield Generators roll out.

Voyager Direct Shield Replacement Matrix
Old INK-Mark Shield..........Old INK-Splash Shield..........NEW Seal Corp WEB Shield
INK-MARK 104-ID...............INK-SPLASH 104-IS...............1x Seal Corp WEB Shield
INK-MARK 204-ID...............INK-SPLASH 204-IS...............2x Seal Corp WEB Shield
INK-MARK 304-ID...............INK-SPLASH 304-IS...............3x Seal Corp WEB Shield
INK-MARK 404-ID...............INK-SPLASH 404-IS...............4x Seal Corp WEB Shield

Overall, it’s a fairly clean exchange. We’ll be providing owners with 1 Small-sized Seal Corp WEB shield for each size of an existing shield you own. If it’s a Size 3 INK-Mark, you’ll get 3x WEB’s, a Size 2 INK-Splash will get you 2x WEB’s. These updated parts will be distributed out once the full Shield Generator update goes live in a future patch, and the existing items will still remain available (and eligible for this conversion) on Voyager Direct until then.

REF:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15218-Star-Citizen-Alpha-22-Available

Last edited:
Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Odiam

Grand Admiral
Feb 17, 2016
RSI Handle
Odiam
Woah the fuck! Nice way to spend the week-end, didn't think PTU would be so brief.
Anyone using Solarfly's Warthog profiles can confirm all's still fine?

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
What kind of download speeds are people getting? And are they consistent? I'm trying to determine if the problem is with tons of people trying to download the new update, or if TWC is dicking me.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
But it was fairly constant? I'm getting anywhere from ~7 MB/s to a near complete freeze. But that's regardless of whether I shut down every other bandwidth consuming device in the house or if I'm streaming 3 HD videos simultaneously.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I read that update on shields, but I didn't think it actually mentions what Web shielding is.

And as far as I know, making shields specific to certain class of ships(Avenger, Sabre) is not what they're planning to do in the long term where they want sizes to be compatible with all ships of same size.

Oh well, guess we'll find out later. Alpha being Alpha.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
But it was fairly constant? I'm getting anywhere from ~7 MB/s to a near complete freeze. But that's regardless of whether I shut down every other bandwidth consuming device in the house or if I'm streaming 3 HD videos simultaneously.
This happens to me almost every download. I'll be cruising along at 11-12 mbs then it'll completely crash my internet and disconnect me from my Wi-Fi. I have two routers in my house, so I just keep switching back and forth between them.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Well, I'll either be done in an hour, or around when Half-Life IV: A New Headcrab comes out.

Odiam

Grand Admiral
Feb 17, 2016
RSI Handle
Odiam
Lmao ok I guess there are some issues with getting back to the ship from EVA in space, I was twice catapulted away from the ship during the "get back in" animation...

Forgot your password?