2.2 is Live

Flyer

Lieutenant
Mar 1, 2016
RSI Handle
RudyFlyer
Not sure I like how my ship the avenger got slower, still see clipping etc. and as Odiam said above I am struggling getting back in my ship. I need persistent universe built starting to fall asleep in my cockpit lol

Reactions: Blind Owl

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
So today I got a nice, long session in before my system finally crashed. I managed to reactivate a comm array, but some dirty SOB stoll my Sabre and stranded me. Fortunately, someone was kind enough to answer my distress call, and dropped me off back at Port Olisar. From there, I spent the rest of the evening as a hitchhiker, trying to stow away in people's ships. My proudest moment was when I managed to EVA into a moving Avenger after I popped the hatch while it was still on the launchpad but it took off before I could board.

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
I had a guy pick me up yesterday at Covalex when I was stranded there in an Avenger too. Good pilot. Came in and picked me and took me to Covalex. Did the similar run and jump and enter thing. Couldn't have asked for more. I had just finished getting the att4 rifle. For some reason today it didn't remember it. I had just started over and my computer crashed. I see that it sent a crash report to CIG. Must be something new they added.

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
You're probably right. If you want to keep it you'll prob have to buy it at Arcorp or something when it goes live. I was just thinking for now they would let you keep the spoils from missions. Doh.

Last edited:

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
Got killed one time in Covalex. Respawned and got a new ship as my old one was still at Covalex. So I get back there and destroy it and bam. I'm a Pirate for destroying my own old (empty) ship. Arrrgh.

Wrngway

Admiral
Feb 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Wrngway
So today I got a nice, long session in before my system finally crashed. I managed to reactivate a comm array, but some dirty SOB stoll my Sabre and stranded me. Fortunately, someone was kind enough to answer my distress call, and dropped me off back at Port Olisar. From there, I spent the rest of the evening as a hitchhiker, trying to stow away in people's ships. My proudest moment was when I managed to EVA into a moving Avenger after I popped the hatch while it was still on the launchpad but it took off before I could board.
I have to admit to deactivating a com array, lying in wait and then stealing a Sabre last night. Yeargghh!!! I did bring it back after a short hop to CryAstro, so that probably wasn't me. I'm too nice to be a successful pirate.

I blame some Origin 300 series bugs. I wasn't able to re-enter my ship from EVA.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I don't know if this is some of your guys with the downloader, but I did fix my issues with the launcher eatting up 100% of my internet even with lower fixed speed settings

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/309416/star-citizen-launcher-kills-whole-internet-connection-your-router-i-have-found-a-possible-solution/p1

For a while now I have trouble with my Star Citizen launcher. Every time I verify or download a patch it overloads my router with so many connections that nobody can access the Internet via that device. Even restarting the router and shutting of the launcher won't help with it.

After some time and counsel I figured the launcher might open to many connections, which puts to much strain on my low end router until it dies.
If this sounds familiar to you I might have found a solution which might be able to help you.

Go into the directory Cloud Imperium Games\Patcher and open the file _TorrentSettings with your text editor. Just to be sure you might want to make a backup copy of this file before you change anything.

The file contains only a few lines. One of them says "connections_limit = 600". As it seems 600 connections are a bit much. So we change this number into a way lower setting. Try 200 for a start (go lower, if this doesn't solve your issues). Save the file and start your Star Citizen launcher. You should be able to download Star Citizen patches without causing havoc on your connection now.

If you try this and it helps you, please report back and let me and others know!

Those who are interested in this file but are as lazy as I am, here is a copy of the unmodified (!) content:

active_downloads = 8
unchoke_slots_limit = 8
active_limit = 80
connections_limit = 600
connection_speed = 480
max_peerlist_size = 100
active_seeds = 2

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Does this affect speeds at all? I've noticed mine taking all bandwidth, but my router/modem are pretty beefy, so it just slows all other devices down.

I thought I tried this before and it slowed my SC download to a crawl.

aLumberingOx

Commander
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
LumberingOx
My HUD wasn't showing up in my Origin 325. So I couldn't see speed, or flare selection or anything that generally surrounds the center area. I could see targets and shields though. But while in hanger mode I couldn't change its load out either. Anyone else have this issue?

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
My HUD wasn't showing up in my Origin 325. So I couldn't see speed, or flare selection or anything that generally surrounds the center area. I could see targets and shields though. But while in hanger mode I couldn't change its load out either. Anyone else have this issue?
https://holoxplor.space

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
@CrudeSasquatch is having the same problems. 2.2 broke the 325

Reactions: aLumberingOx

aLumberingOx

Commander
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
LumberingOx
Now I rented the Super hornet and it has issues as well. This HUD wants to fly back into my eyes when I accelerate and my character's various body parts like to have outer body experiences, lol. For instance my teeth fly out of my mouth when i hit the space breaks or my ears wonder off to the sides of the screen.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It broke the 315 as well, probably everything in the 300 series. I have all the same issues. On the bright side, it seems the boarding ladder now retracts into my 315 after firing her up.
2.2 seems to have broken plenty. Never thought I'd lament 2.1. Ha.

Forgot your password?