Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
Black Load Screen took Forever (nearly)
2.2 accidentally became a pirate
LooksCoolMan.jpg
Lots of Haters
Hopped in Connie to run into guy in Freelancer who splattered me while I was dancing. Lancer beats Connie apparently on impact ... :-/
Randomly turned off Comms.
JusticeBros would turn them back on and blow my ship up first.
Never made it to FPS station...
Will try to get more guns next time.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Black Load Screen took Forever (nearly)
2.2 accidentally became a pirate
LooksCoolMan.jpg
Lots of Haters
Hopped in Connie to run into guy in Freelancer who splattered me while I was dancing. Lancer beats Connie apparently on impact ... :-/
Randomly turned off Comms.
JusticeBros would turn them back on and blow my ship up first.
Never made it to FPS station...
Will try to get more guns next time.

"Accidentally"

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
My HUD wasn't showing up in my Origin 325. So I couldn't see speed, or flare selection or anything that generally surrounds the center area. I could see targets and shields though. But while in hanger mode I couldn't change its load out either. Anyone else have this issue?
There are multiple entries in the Issue Council already. The entire 300 series has missing HUD, EVA issues, and no longer appears in the Hanger holographic interface...

This is where I went to complain about the 300 series on 2.2 LIVE.
:)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha/SC-12999-no_REC-loadouts_for_300_series_in_holotable
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/star-citizen-alpha/SC-12910-300_Series_HUD_missing

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
2.2.1 is up on PTU!

I just read it here http://www.star-citizen-news-radio.de/2016/03/2-2-1-ist-in-der-ptu-verfuegbar/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss (German)
and here https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/49mazg/221_is_up_on_ptu/

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.1

Alpha Patch 2.2.1 has been released to PTU and is now available for player testing. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to those testers that had access to 2.2.0 on PTU. Your launcher should show “2.2.1-328656” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public. Please review our current list of 2.2.0 Known Issues FAQ, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Issues:

1. Using the Holotable in the Revel & York hangar will cause the game client to become unresponsive.

2. EVA’ing back into a ship with interior physics still has rare issues such as permanent ragdoll and death.
Contents:

Game Systems

Ships

Technical

Game Systems:

1. Continued to make changes to EVA animations to smooth out some of the transitions.
Ships:

1. Fixed an issue where some hardpoints for the 300 series ships in the Holotable were inaccessible.

2. Fixed an issue with the Holotable where swapping coolers on any of the 300 series ships was extremely difficult.

3. Fixed a lighting issue where the doors on the 300 series would show up greyish in color.

4. Fixed an issue with central HUD element not displaying correctly in the 300 series.
Technical:

1. Fixed multiple client crashes.

2. Fixed multiple server crashes.

Reactions: Unshaven

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
Hopefully they will fix this infinite black loading screen thing with 2.2.0 PU

I saw that 2.2.1 PTU drop. I also noted that the link they gave for the 2.2.0 Known issue FAQ is 404.

No way to do an issue council on 2.2.0 PU either I see. It's either the 2.2.1 PTU or the website. No option for 2.2.0 PU.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
My opinion: 2.2 = worst patch. Since then I always have system crashes, glitches, malfunctioning collision detection etc.[edit]not to forget: full server notices and time-out messages...[/edit]
But as it is said (and always a truth): two steps forward and one back.

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
Tried it last night for a bit. Still getting some spawn glitches between the bunk and the room.

Still seeing that "Pad not available, etc." error message.

Once I did get a ship I noticed that it would blow up after 5 jumps or so during the jump. Like clockwork. Just going to another location and boom, breakup animation and your done. I wasn't exceeding the boundaries of the game. Just going between jump points.

It looks like most of the attention on this one was directed toward fixing the 300 series.

I did turn off SLI and V-Sync on my Win 7 computer a few days ago and that helped out a bit with the the infinite black screen loading bug. Still get a touch of black screen but now it does transition from black to mustang to bunk much faster than before.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I am facing "time out"-errors constantly since this whole "every-things-free"-sale action. o_O That'll be seven long days until kinda "normality" comes back to SC :( I think, I will play Witcher 3 again as a time (and space) bridge.

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
CIG Crash Codes/Disconnect FAQ Info:

REF: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/disconnection-codes

We thought we’d share with you more information on our disconnect codes that you can get in Star Citizen, as well as educate players on how they can better use this information to describe code-related errors in Issue Council.

Important Notes!

• Important Note #1: Disconnection codes are symptomatic of something going wrong; they are not true diagnostics that you can use to resolve an issue. A good analogy is when someone is coughing… the cough is bad, but there could be any number of causes behind it. The cough is the disconnect code. :)

• Important Note #2: The steps to obtain each Code can be quite different per situation, which is why including precise Steps To Reproduce in the Issue Council is absolutely vital to our tracking the issue down. An example of this would be two friends each getting a Code 7… while the error code is the same, the causes for each could be completely separate and independent of each other.

• Important Note #3: When entering an Issue Council report, make sure that you add the Code error you get plus a brief description in the subject, such as “Error Code 7 When Loading Into Crusader”.
Code 0:
Code 0 is our general timeout message. You’ll get this message when your connection to the game server times out, but you’re still connection to the backend platform service is still active. In almost all cases, this is due to an actual game server crash or an issue within the game that can disconnect you.

An internal example of the latter occurred on our QA environment (this never made it to public) when one client would exit the game and all other clients were forcefully disconnected.

Code 3:
Code 3 is a version mismatch which occurs when the server checks the version of the game installed and finds that there is an older version of the client. The way to resolve this is to Verify Files or, in very rare situations, fully reinstall the game.

Code 4:
Our matchmaking service contains several different rules to assign clients to servers. A Code 4 response occurs when the matchmaking service puts someone into a server that is full.

In most situations, the service should not assign you to a server that is already full, but we’re finding edge cases where Code 4 gets returned. We’ll continue to isolate, identify, and fix these as they come up.

Code 7:
Code 7s occur when the game client receives information that it isn’t expecting. A good example is when a bad asset in the game exists, such as when we discovered that Cutlasses were disconnecting all clients on the internal QA server because of an invalid ID.

Code 8:
Code 8 is defined as an authentication error. This infrequently can mean authentication in terms of your account ID and password, but for the most part indicates a backend data mismatch.

Code 9:
Code 9 occurs when someone successfully connects and authenticates into a game server but times out when verifying the session.

We hope this small insight into code errors has been helpful in understanding the nature of these disconnect codes and how it can help you provide more accurate information to Issue Council reports.

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
Since 2.2.2, I'd say when it does lock up and crash (which is fairly often), 70% of the time, its code zero and the rest split between 4's and 8's.

That's when my client holds up long enough for me to even see a fail code and I don't have to ctrl/alt/del out of a black screen/locked up computer.

That's improved a lot though since I turned off V-Sync. Not much of a difference with the SLI but the V-Sync improvement was very noticeable.

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
2.2.3 is Live !

Amara-CIG Amara-CIG
Posted: 3:28PM

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.3

Alpha Patch 2.2.3 has been released to Live and is now available for players. This patch is primarily fixes for our current top crashes.

Your launcher should show “2.2.3-333246” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Live client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Live.

Please review our current list of 2.2.0 Known Issues FAQ, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Issues:

• Using the Holotable in the Revel & York hangar will cause the game client to become unresponsive.
  • EVA’ing back into a ship with interior physics still has rare issues such as permanent ragdoll and death.
Technical:

• Fixed an issue where player could become indefinitely stuck on the loading screen.
    • This fix was originally implemented via hotfix over the 13th, no downtime was required.
  • Fixed multiple client crashes.
  • Fixed multiple server crashes.
REF:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/322635

Forgot your password?