2.6 Aurora LN is probably the best starter ship.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Just thought I'd mention - helped moonshiner out tonight with the old pirate swarm. He chose a vanguard, I decided to be a REAL test member and chose Aurora LN. We both got our caterpillar skins - just sayin' :smile:
Are you sure you got them because that was supposed to end 2 weeks after 2.6 went live. If you got them though then awesome.

CLazimi

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Clazimi
I've been aurauraless for a while thought I'd pick one up to try in 2.6 see what they've done with the hull and shields.

Hey it's a great starter ship - you can fit a big store box to haul some cargo (soon), it's got 2 x S2 2 x S1 guns all nice and close(ish) together and its got a size 4 (?!!!) missile launcher so you can either mini torpedo with a S4 missile (hahaha bye bye connie) or you can do what I do and run 2 x S3 missiles only the bigger ships can survive a hit and even then they can be in trouble from it. or if fighting smaller ships you can fit 4 x S2 missiles which are great for damaging small-medium fighters etc.

I am impressed! I got to Wave10 on vandul swarm without my favourite S3 missiles, gonna try again with my s3s and see if I can make wave 15.

Compared to the avenger which has had its manoeuvrability nerfed - it's competitive now especially when you consider you can put whatever guns and missiles, you want on the aurora whereas the avenger is very inflexible with the unmovable tigershreik and only a pair of s2 missiles.

yeah she good i was the mr like 1 day put more 5$ to ln its a lot better

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Are you sure you got them because that was supposed to end 2 weeks after 2.6 went live. If you got them though then awesome.
It said on the congratulations screen we did! :D

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
NOOOOOOOOOOO it is as I suspected. No more Size 4 missiles. The aurora LN was too powerful for its size and class :(

This is from CIG schedule for 2.6.1

Ships
  • All Auroras can now equip a Size 2 missile rack

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
Hey Mike, if the other posters reason for everything suddenly stops working isn't the cause, it may be what was doing it to me, I was accidently turning off flight assist during combat and experienced the same issues you listed, try turning FA on and off to restart it see if that is the reason
I was on hiatus from the game for a bit, but the reason it was doing it was the aftermarket coolers or power plants I put in there. Stock version is running fine and dandy, minus the usual buggy delightfulness that is the Aurora. Thanks for the info. If I run into any future issues, I'll check that out.

Forgot your password?