2.6 to PTU. Subscribers check your email

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
I didnt get an email but I can still enter the PTU so check your launcher :smile:

edit: Also not an active subscriber

edit 2 : LIke Lianna said a few posts ago

edit 3 : Spelled Lienna wrong though Im still not sure about the spelling

edit 4 : Yeah I got it right that time

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I didnt get an email but I can still enter the PTU so check your launcher :smile:

Sometimes you just gotta talk to yourself in order to have a decent conversation. :)

The Chaos Pope

Grand Admiral
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
The_Chaos_Pope

I'm in the same boat. Also not a subscriber, but I've been in the first wave of PTU testing for the last several PTU releases. I still haven't received an email noting an invite to the PTU but it was unlocked for my account. I was able to copy my account to the PTU using the launcher and download the PTU build.

I don't know how much time I'm going to put into this PTU build. A large majority of my time in the previous PTU and live builds is spent in the PU; I'm not a big fan of AC. SM looks good, but I really want to see how the new FPS mechanics integrate into the PU but the current build (2.6.0i) disables the PU.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Or saved her from James Tiberius "bangs everything with a pulse" Kirk
She should be so lucky. Go Kirk!
So your married too? ITS A JOKE MRS. OWL, DONT KILL ME......PLEEEAAASSSEEE.......
Haha, Fuck you crack me up.
I think you underestimate the depth of the BS Mrs. Owl has waded through over the years being married to Mr. Owl. I am sure her level of resilience would impress some folks who lived through the great depression :slight_smile:
This. Exactly this. She rolls her eyes daily at my shenanigans.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
So far im liking the new flight model I think. If you joust you just waste a lot of AB/Boost fuel which doesnt regenerate (at least it doesnt in AC) so you have to use t wisely. Either turn slower or do a 180 and come to a complete stop for a sec before you start moving again making you a sitting duck.
The warden has a giant AB fueltank in comparion with the superhornet so Boom and Zoom should be possible. For now its mainly boom for me though :D

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
Important Issues
  • New! Crusader is currently disabled so that players can focus testing efforts on Arena Commander and Star Marine.
  • New! Be advised that you will need to restart the client after every Star Marine or Arena Commander match or you will be unable to join a new match.
  • Star Marine Leaderboards are not in-game this build.
  • Our planned Electronic Access improvements for sequential map loading (“mega map”) are not in this build.
  • Scan is not complete, please refrain from using it (“Tab” key on default keybindings).
  • Missile rebalance is ongoing.
  • Flight Balance Changes to include AB, Acceleration, Boost, Fuel Rates, and Jerk are ongoing.
  • Workaround for Front End UI Issues: Either use the old UI(ui_frontend.startup_mode = 0) OR on the main menu hit the “Escape” key and then “Go To Hangar”. Once loaded into the Hangar, you can use the Elevator to connect to Crusader or ArcCorp
you forgot the part where EVERY time you try and join arena commandeer or star marine it crashes

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I'll see if I can download the client when I get home, even though I didn't get the email.
Another hour of killing the bandwidth for the entire house while I download 40 gigs.

agathon_orti

Commander
Dec 4, 2016
RSI Handle
agathon orti
Why is my sub not processing, i want access to the PTU. I want to fly my suppository
It seems like the first wave will consist of 6000 people who where subbed during 3/4 major updates, second wave will be 12000 people and will increase till wave 5. after wave 5 it will be open to all.

edit: you can find all the info about the ptu invites in this link.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/PTU-Invites

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
you forgot the part where EVERY time you try and join arena commandeer or star marine it crashes
Go through the sim in any hangar and it will work, most of the time at least.

SM is mostly unplayable for me with double the ping of everyone else, the moment I see someone I'm dead. Also whenever anything happens it stutters for a moment, so still lot of optimization needed before its actually fun.

I haven't tried AC in multiplayer yet as my hud is missing on all ships in all single player modes. Will look into it...

Arc corp has tons of new door animation bugs it didn't have, otherwise its the same as before I guess.

Universe doesn't work, as stated in patch notes, so not much left to test for me. I'll keep trying in AC I guess and post in the council, hopefully some the issues will get resolved before next year and we alll get to play it.

Edit: Forgot to mention that load times improved significantly! It's nice not having to wait 5minutes for it to load :)

Forgot your password?