24" with small Bezel.

Chris P. Bacon

Admiral
Donor
Jun 26, 2014
RSI Handle
ChrisPBacon
Hi,

I'm switching to triple screen monitors since i ordered myself a Obutto R3volution seat.
Now i'm looking to buy 2 or 3 24" screens with small bezels with Vesa Mounts.
budget would be around €180 per screen (228 Us $)

Do you guys know what i should buy?
I'm lost in all the products.

Greetings.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Three monitor setups rule. I currently have three 23" monitors on this system and like to tell people I have 69" of work space. ;)

Reactions: SeungRyul

UPGRAY3DD

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jan 26, 2014
RSI Handle
UPGRAY3DD
Looking at the exact same thing right now. I currently have two Dell U2410's and want to switch them out for a triple monitor setup.

CitizenX

Space Marshal
Jul 16, 2014
RSI Handle
Citizen-X
Man I have tried so many different setups and finally just went back to a single 32 inch monitor - I like the effect of three monitors but its just so much to keep up with and not to mention getting a suntan sitting there... ultimately I went to Costco and bought a 120hz Magnavox 40 inch led tv and I must say im loving it.. any bigger and you are hurling you lunch because you cant see the sides of your monitor.. I tried a 480 hz 47 inch vizio and took it back.. Ive never had motion problems but man that thing was so clear and huge my brain couldn't handle my eyes running around and my ass not moving... instant chow launcher. at any rate im loving the 40 it works for me.

MAGGIOMAN

Captain
Jul 11, 2014
RSI Handle
MAGGIOMAN
Unfortunately prize and small bezels do not go together very well. You can debezel your monitor to save a few mm of gap but there is not much you can do when the frame is already large.

I would look at a 120hz refresh monitor for the center, as your eyes will be focused on that one most of the time. The others can be 60 since they only need to function as an extension of vision and not a standalone monitor.

Hope that helps.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
dell, definately dell

edit: oh small bezel. no dell, no dell

Reactions: MAGGIOMAN

Madfish

Captain
Aug 10, 2014
RSI Handle
dottedfish
If placed correctly you overlap the bezel. It looks like this, just not at an angle this sharp: \__/
So place your centre Screen closer and place the borders of the other screens slightly behind that one.

As for performance, compatibility and effect while playing forget these triple monitor setups and get a big one.
The trips are most popular with car racer fans and grandpa flight simmers cruising their boings and Airbus. With headtracking it's rather gruesome actually if you dogfight.

Also always focus the overall quality of the screen over bezel size!

I run 3 screens and use only one for gaming...

That said if you still want to stick with the idea, this one is probably one of the smallest bezels out there
http://benq.de/product/monitor/ew2440l
Or you could just go and buy this:
http://www.samsung.com/de/business/business-products/large-format-display/video-wall/LH55UDDPLBB/EN

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
Currently playing on a 37" and love it. I'm not sure when I get a volairsim seat whether I'm going to go with 3 screens as well or a 55" curved LCD. Those things look awesome!!!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I will have an Oculus rift and I shall mock your fancy triple monitor set ups!

MAGGIOMAN

Captain
Jul 11, 2014
RSI Handle
MAGGIOMAN
I will have an Oculus rift and I shall mock your fancy triple monitor set ups!
Yeah but you will be at somewhat of a disadvantage for the FPS portion. FPS is so fast paced I don't think it will be a viable option for that portion of the game.

Forgot your password?