2k20 straight up is gambling now, a game for 3 year olds

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
the problem is, they have all latched on to a means of super questionable easy income. Which is completely unsustainable . It looks good to investors, hey throw money at us. However we are already starting to see the bubble burst, customers turning their backs and various governments coming out with legislation against these practices.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
the idea of a 60 dollar game, and then needing to buy game tokens to basically upgrade it to be able to compete with other players. well that's low. I don't like kids exposed to gambling, and i hate companies double dipping in their games to just make it a money grab. screw them, i wont buy it. the problem is that in todays world most gamers don't care. if they had to balls to just not buy it, and parents actually policed the games they buy their kids, this would stop fast.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Its nice to stand up for the gaming community and demand fair practices like not locking progression behind pay walls and lootboxes... BUT!!!

If somebody smokes and KNOWS that it is bad for them, it does not matter what other people say, its their decision to stop smoking. Any normal, free thinking and mature individual can make the decision to fight the addiction and stop smoking.

If you are addicted to mobile game crap and its sucking money from you, unless you are suffering from some sort of mental issues, you probably realize the problem and its up to you to STOP!

To solution to fixing these predatory practices is not ranting and screaming at 2K, its reaching out to the player base and helping them put down these crappy games.

Introducing them to Star Citizen is the answer, because then they will be too broke to play anything else! :D

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-BuUqsd71w

Also it was found out that, "influencers" are getting higher drop rates when paid to open loot boxes. NBA 2k20 is now 100% a mobile game that you pay 60$ for, lol. I agree 100% with angry joe on this. Games are now absorbing all the mobile game bullshit and making you pay on top of it.
Cue the corporate response of, "This is what gamers / 'the market' have been *demanding* we do"

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
Introducing them to Star Citizen is the answer, because then they will be too broke to play anything else! :D
Very true, because instead of predatory loot boxes, you know exactly what you're dropping your outrageous amounts of money on.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?