BluePilote
Like in a conni

Reactions: Blind Owl

Raither

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Dr_McLaren
Tempted to get a Dragonfly, and a Nox or X1 too during the sale. One for work, one for full out speed and fun.
After all, why limit yourself, right?

60 month insurance is just sexy too, 'specially if we are gonna be driving these pixels at high speeds while pleasently drunk, but if Youngblood is hitting that much dirt in the video while sober and trying not to hit dirt at all, it's gonna be a real challenge trying to navigate these 'flys when good and drunk. New TEST event, "Drunk Dragonfly Off-Road Racing Night"

I see two spacebikes, a lot of fun, and a shit ton of spacebike insurance claims in my future

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Right now, it sounds like 3.0 is packed full of bugs. I don't know if this is classified as one of them or if they intended to make the dragonfly difficult to fly. I personally hope that it was intended.

For me, I will always appreciate and invite game elements that require skill. I think that far too many games dumb down the skill requirements to the lowest common denominator. They adjust the skill level to accommodate the skill deprived, lazy, drooling masses that feel that they deserve to have everything handed to them free of effort.

Don't get me wrong. There should be casual elements to the game. There needs to be portions of the game that allow you to zone out and grind UEE while watching a movie or something. Games can't be 100% immersion and nail biting difficulty all the time, at least not an mmo. They need to have a balance between the two.

You need to have that immersion, that edge of your seat experience with your org-mates. You need to be able to push the proverbial envelope and be rewarded for it. Games need to incentivize putting in the time to get more skilled. They do not need to lower the required skill levels so that everyone can experience everything. There needs to be content that is only accessible if you take the time to learn the necessary skills.

Likewise, there needs to be casual content. There needs to be farmville and political drama. There needs to be mindless grinding and boring, repetitive tasks. There needs to be safe and slow methods of getting UEE that people can do casually. If things are high energy all the time, people will log off when they want to relax. When they're logged off, they won't be online for major events. They won't be able to generate the stories that are the true core of MMOs. When that org-mate gets killed out in the middle of nowhere, it will just be a frustrating event for them because nobody is on. If people are online casually farming, that frustrating event can escalate into a huge org vs. org battle that people can talk about for weeks.

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
I can’t accès it right now

Cypher Prime

Vice Admiral
Sep 4, 2016
RSI Handle
CypherPrime
The Cutlass lacks the landing spots that were in the CIG video.

Parking is a nightmare right now.
The parking spots are still there. They show up when you approach with the landing gear down. But yea, it's a bitch. The second you enter the ship's physics grid, your nox/dragonfly goes crazy. If you approach too slow, you get ejected from the Cutlass. Approach too fast and you get a crimestat for damaging a player ship.

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
I will give it another shot today

Forgot your password?