3.10 looks about ready

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I've seen some footage of landings/takeoffs from planets now being restricted to a narrow corridor. Does this mean that we can no longer free fly around cities below a certain altitude? From what Igeard in a calling a devs, they are too lazy to make the restricted area geometry cos it takes time and effort, and thus want to fully confine us to these corridors or the autopilot takes over "cos it's more EZ this way and makes sense" .

Is this what's really happening? Cos I'm gonna be really pissed off if I'm not allowed to crash into whichever skyscraper I want to ib ArcCorp
Its pretty much the same restrictions that were in place prior to the change just now around hangers it will not be carved out prior to being granted landing/takeoff permission.

Irishnutcase

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase
Still no plans for use of the beerfearer's ship to ship refueling? Riot!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Still no plans for use of the beerfearer's ship to ship refueling? Riot!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'd just like to be able to use those gas/liquid tanks for cargo running. Instantly more capacity than a Cat, especially if you can compress the gas to liquid form that would get hella huge capacity!

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ) ┬─┬ノ( ◕◡◕ ノ)

3.10 Wave 1 hopefully this week.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Its pretty much the same restrictions that were in place prior to the change just now around hangers it will not be carved out prior to being granted landing/takeoff permission.
Thanks, I guess I'll have to wait and see what's what. I really enjoy flying in the hangar canyon on arccorp, especially when others are around. You can also watch it through the terminal's window, so you can put on a show.... I wish they'd leave that alone, it's fine as it is.
Actually I wish they'd leave us to crash into whatever we want, with the consequence of fines/prison time...

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Thanks, I guess I'll have to wait and see what's what. I really enjoy flying in the hangar canyon on arccorp, especially when others are around. You can also watch it through the terminal's window, so you can put on a show.... I wish they'd leave that alone, it's fine as it is.
Actually I wish they'd leave us to crash into whatever we want, with the consequence of fines/prison time...
Ya would be nice but they are attempting to find the balance between the level of detail, the ability of players to find interesting ways to kill each other (pilot crashing into the market), and realistic gameplay.
You have to remember beyond the buildings above the red boundary layer and some assets like the hanger in the named areas the rest of arccorp is just textured to look detailed while being a mostly flat surface. So the idea is to make it look like its a whole bunch of buildings below you while not costly lots of polygons. So you can't really fly into it and to keep the illusion alive they put in the boundary layer

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Honestly the flight path system around cities doesn't bother me to much, the level of detail and resources it takes to achieve this is most likely insane. Many players would most likely crash just due to FPS drops lol.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Ya would be nice but they are attempting to find the balance between the level of detail, the ability of players to find interesting ways to kill each other (pilot crashing into the market), and realistic gameplay.
You have to remember beyond the buildings above the red boundary layer and some assets like the hanger in the named areas the rest of arccorp is just textured to look detailed while being a mostly flat surface. So the idea is to make it look like its a whole bunch of buildings below you while not costly lots of polygons. So you can't really fly into it and to keep the illusion alive they put in the boundary layer
Truth!
Having a visual aid is great!
👉👌
See? It's great to have visual aids!
But walling even more things off isn't great.

Just to clarify, I'm fine with the generic low altitude boundary layer on arcorp and above cities. The detail is already good enough that they could drop that layer lower imo...
I'm fine with not being able to crash into the market. I'm also fine with the buildings being lowpoly texture jobs, as they should be. If you drive/walk into new babbage, you can see how low detailed everything is but it's absolutely not that bad at all, perfectly fine I think and still fun to look around a bit.
What I think would be better is if we could get much closer and almost crash into the market, or if we could crash into the spaceports walls. I'd also be perfectly happy with being able to get into weapons range of open places like the market area and shoot ppl. It should come with the consequence of a thousand police craft instantly scrambling to shoot me down and a year long (real time) prison sentence, but it would make for some helluva fun assassinations lol

This was talked about earlier, and I don't think they are heading in the right direction by simply walling things off to avoid having to deal with it, and from what I heard in that episode, that's what they intend to do.

But anyways, I'm curious to see how they messed with the flight system again and if they can make it work down the line, that's way more important than being able to scrape my wings against the balcony of some skyscraper.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Truth!
Having a visual aid is great!
👉👌
See? It's great to have visual aids!
But walling even more things off isn't great.

Just to clarify, I'm fine with the generic low altitude boundary layer on arcorp and above cities. The detail is already good enough that they could drop that layer lower imo...
I'm fine with not being able to crash into the market. I'm also fine with the buildings being lowpoly texture jobs, as they should be. If you drive/walk into new babbage, you can see how low detailed everything is but it's absolutely not that bad at all, perfectly fine I think and still fun to look around a bit.
What I think would be better is if we could get much closer and almost crash into the market, or if we could crash into the spaceports walls. I'd also be perfectly happy with being able to get into weapons range of open places like the market area and shoot ppl. It should come with the consequence of a thousand police craft instantly scrambling to shoot me down and a year long (real time) prison sentence, but it would make for some helluva fun assassinations lol

This was talked about earlier, and I don't think they are heading in the right direction by simply walling things off to avoid having to deal with it, and from what I heard in that episode, that's what they intend to do.

But anyways, I'm curious to see how they messed with the flight system again and if they can make it work down the line, that's way more important than being able to scrape my wings against the balcony of some skyscraper.
I agree with you walling off is not always a fun thing, but I have to think for the most part they have not walled off much given most planets you can go anywhere you wish, I just think they wanted to get out arc corp before really think about how they are going to deal with all of the knock-on effects and so they are still struggling to figure it out. I have a feeling as things progress and new systems come online they will be visiting this many times.

Now as for the new flight changes I have to say I am eagerly anticipating it. I like what I am hearing in regards to the main engines being much stronger than the others. That we will start to see ships flying differently in the atmosphere as well as fixing the ships that just had a hardcoded value for their max atmosphere flight speed. Besides ToW this is one of the more anticipated features that they have on their road map for me for this year.

• o7
Forgot your password?