RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Medium legs give more slots for things like medpens, light legs don't give any additional slots over the flightsuit, so there are some significant inaccuracies in that spreadsheet just from that.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I thought you were talking about frame rates based on the thread title

no surprise the game's not ready for release, they haven't even disambiguated their acronyms yet

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
There have been problems with it since 3.13, but a broken calculator is still better than none. In my experience, most players are oblivious to the issue of what they carry nerfing their speed and stamina, and that is the real lesson to be learned. So just to repeat, a movement of 0.85 will keep you safe from most NPCs, and 0.9 or better avoids most players. You really need to be in the 0.9 region if you don't want to get shot up, and it's really hard to do that carrying a second full-sized weapon. Players often carry three weapons on their backs and go into combat with movements like 0.75 and it gets them shot up. So, here's the calculator you need albeit a bit broken.

Furthermore, you can learn a fantastic amount about any weapon you like with the tables at the bottom tabs. You can see for instance why the Gallant is the general favorite in Star Marine--low recoil, fast fire on burst mode, good damage, flat trajectory with no power drop to outrageous distance, light, large magazines leading to fewer reloads. It is not the best Time To Kill, but the weapons with shorter TTK have severe recoil that does not actually put the necessary burst on target. So if you go to the recoil tab you can see at a glance why the Karna is a poor choice. You can also see the Demeco is stronger than the Gallant in sustained fire, but weaker than the Gallant burst mode. LMGs are for laying down cover fire only (and that is better done with an S1 weapon from a vehicle with a shield, like the Ursa or a Grav bike.)

CIG has done really excellent work designing the stats in intricate detail.

• o7
Reactions: Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I'm not good enough at FPS to take advantage of speeds over 0.86, so I at least have that buffer to bring extra 'bling' that makes sense.
I also miss the days of the Karna have little to no recoil, but it really was quite overpowered at that time.

crypto_tree

Lieutenant
Dec 28, 2021
RSI Handle
crypto_tree
Hey I get the calculator might not be working, but there is a ton of other good info on the sheet, would you be willing to share it again? or do you want help working on it?

Reactions: vahadar
Forgot your password?