3.2 getting some rave revues from long time backers

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Ive seen a lot of early backers that have not been playing much getting back into the action.

The mining, groups and logging off in your bed seems to be a big step forward into what may actually become a game one day! :D

I had a great moment yesterday, I took out my Eclipse for a spin. I jump to Delamar and as I come out of QD there is a connie turning around to face me in the distance.

He starts to close in, so I point towards him, wondering if its just somebody that is curious about what an Eclipse looks like and wanting a closer look.

I soon see my shields taking hits, I get the feeling he was no friendly! Its on!

Locking an S9 torp takes forever, but I just flew backwards, spinning and dodging his fire and waited for the lock.

The rings finally lock on, not being sure that I could fire while going backwards, I push the button and the satisfying sound of a torpedo being fired is heard.

Two seconds later his ship explodes in a glorious fireball of fire and debris

Scratch one for Montoya!

My first Eclipse kill, the first of many to come!

Have you had any good experiences lately?

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
I can actually run the game now, so whatever they're doing, it's working. :grin:

I've been enjoying the 600i, mostly. Parking it in orbit or on a planet, and just looking out the windows.
I tried to do a trade run with it, but that didnt go very well.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Well, not that good, since I don't own an Eclipse (yet). I have a Retaliator though, which is another missile boat that I like quite a bit. Dang thing requires a crew though, for the turrets or it's just a missile boat without other protection. My story is I figured out how to mind really difficult rocks (.90+ instability) which has allowed me to earn 5K aUEC in only 3 trips to Yela. Man, i'm getting tired of Yela though.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Well, not that good, since I don't own an Eclipse (yet). I have a Retaliator though, which is another missile boat that I like quite a bit. Dang thing requires a crew though, for the turrets or it's just a missile boat without other protection. My story is I figured out how to mind really difficult rocks (.90+ instability) which has allowed me to earn 5K aUEC in only 3 trips to Yela. Man, i'm getting tired of Yela though.
I try not to mine anything under 15% as a general rule. My best haul so far was 11% Gold and 11% Quartz, got 3880 aUEC for that run. BTW you can overclock systems now. If you are having problems with mining because of the resistance of the material, try overclocking the mining laser. It shows as a Size 2 Gimbal weapon.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I soon see my shields taking hits, I get the feeling he was no friendly! Its on!
Locking an S9 torp takes forever, but I just flew backwards, spinning and dodging his fire and waited for the lock.
The rings finally lock on, not being sure that I could fire while going backwards, I push the button and the satisfying sound of a torpedo being fired is heard.
Scratch one for Montoya!
When I initially read this, the 1st thing that popped into my head was the WWE theme song for Bobby Roode. I welcome all to give it a listen & imagine it activating the moment the opposing Connie goes boom from the S9 torpedo of @Montoya .

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Ive seen a lot of early backers that have not been playing much getting back into the action.

I have to admit, that mining has gotten me more stoked and more in-game than anything else. I am really enjoying it.

Cargo runs are fine and all, and I may run a few to keep things fresh.
But, getting out there and scanning about, looking for that chunk of rock that signals serious pay-dirt. The challenge of juggling the power of the laser, the distance from the material, learning a few tricks that help even the odds, then the reward of a job well done...monies!
Yeah, I am really digging that! (see what I did there?)

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I managed to fly out to Daymar, mine a little ore, fly back to PO and land (legally) then sell that junk for 181 aUEC. The best thing was, I didn't crash and NO ONE GANKED ME! Ahh, this is rapidly becoming a game.

Dethanor

Rear Admiral
Apr 8, 2018
RSI Handle
Dethanor
Managed to team up with a few of the guys last night and had my first multi crew flight/fight in a Connie. (Thanks for that guys) didn't manage to help much as I ended up stuck in my chair but was amazing to watch. Had to bail when the kids started acting up but not due to huge pc melting crash. Also despite multiple ships the fps was actually playable even in combat. Good things are coming I think.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
The only down side that I have noticed is my framerate is lower in 3.2.0 Live than it was in the PTU.

Also, trading is been practically eliminated so if you do not own a Prospector there is not much to do right now except Missions and many of them do not work with this latest patch. Soon to be corrected, I hope.

Knightwolf

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Knightwolf

The mining, groups and logging off in your bed seems to be a big step forward into what may actually become a game one day! :smile:

I had a great moment yesterday, I took out my Eclipse for a spin. I jump to Delamar and as I come out of QD there is a connie turning around to face me in the distance.

He starts to close in, so I point towards him, wondering if its just somebody that is curious about what an Eclipse looks like and wanting a closer look.

Scratch one for Montoya!

Agreed, I'm one of them. Been following everything about the game but could not find myself playing much after the other releases. But this release is really impressive. I'm enjoying it allot!

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
The only down side that I have noticed is my framerate is lower in 3.2.0 Live than it was in the PTU.

Also, trading is been practically eliminated so if you do not own a Prospector there is not much to do right now except Missions and many of them do not work with this latest patch. Soon to be corrected, I hope.
I tried a cargo run. 9.5K aUEC netted me a whole 500 aUEC profit. Yeah, cargo is not the cash cow it used to be.

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
I tried a cargo run. 9.5K aUEC netted me a whole 500 aUEC profit. Yeah, cargo is not the cash cow it used to be.
That's pretty shitty, especially with the risk of a cargo run given you're investing money, whereas with mining, if you get ganked, you didn't lose anything but a couple minutes while you wait for the insurance to come through.

I can't wait to play it. This Friday. It'll be my first time in 3.2 and my first time testing the PU on my shiny new rig.

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
Glad the firepower did the job!

Ship: Eclipse
Last day PTU, i ran into a Caterpillar stranded and being attacked - it also was marked red for me. I thought it was run by an npc and got distracted by another 2 small fighters attacking me. One was shot down by another player in the distance, the other took me minutes with 2 torpedo locks and them not hitting... they flew straight at the aurora and made a curve at close proximity, probably a flare? Idk, just made this trip already pretty dumb.

The last torpedo i used on the caterpillar. It made a small impact and nothing happened. No destruction after being hit by a S9 torpedo. I logged off and thought "Wow, that was shit! How much would i have to pay for each missing torpedo? Why was the aurora able to deflect 2 of them with flares? Is the Eclipse only useful for slow targets?"

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I wanted to know how it perform in a close combat situation against a fighters, Cutlass and Connies.
So I took the Eclipse in to pirate swarm... ha ha ha
That was to say the least hilarious fun and it did a lot better than I thought it do in dogfighting ( tho the Ai is a bit on the stupid side still )
I did manage to get through the waves and man do those size 9 torpedoes wreck a Cutlass and Connie like hot knife in butter.
So nice explosions :beer: :beer: :beers:

Forgot your password?