RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
In a nutshell:

"See that car over there, it runs well. I like it"
CIG: "Sounds like we need to fix it"
"No, its fine, it runs good"
CIG: "So we'll refactor the dashboard and recolor the body?"
"No, its fine, we just need to wash it"
CIG: "Taking the transmission out might be difficult but we'll make it in time for next month"
"WE JUST NEED A WASH"
CIG: "the mufflers work fine. Whats wrong?"

And that's how the Contacts list freezing the game when adding people atm came to be.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Has anyone mentioned to him that this is PTU? AND an alpha?
They can start making the game any time they like 😉

DISCLAIMER - This is meant as jokey sarcasm and has no relation to my actual thoughts on the games development.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I'll admit that I've found myself getting frustrated with patching in PTU where the first builds seemed more stable with pre-existing functionality appearing to break when new functionality not obviously related gets added.
Though from working in an enterprise software testing environment I have come to see how that is actually extremely common in AGILE/SCRUM development.

Reactions: Bambooza

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
actually extremely common in AGILE/SCRUM development.
Not just development that is AGILE/SCRUM but all software development. I cannot tell you how often i break things making changes to a seemingly unrelated piece of code. Or how applying a true fix breaks the code were it was fixed with a workaround or bandaid in other areas.

I know from my experience we do not even really worry about bugs until after the feature gets flushed out and then we go back in to make sure the end result works as expected.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
And ofc you post juicy pics like this when I got a shitton of work to do and cant play lol

Half the time it seems like the next patch didn't use the previous patch's fixes
That's probably because they don't. They have different development branches and last minute changes / fixes might not make it down the line. Also the fixes that make some things in a release work might be temporary solutions and they try to find and fix the root cause for the next release.
Then they implement something new and it all gets broken again lol

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Not just development that is AGILE/SCRUM but all software development. I cannot tell you how often i break things making changes to a seemingly unrelated piece of code. Or how applying a true fix breaks the code were it was fixed with a workaround or bandaid in other areas.

I know from my experience we do not even really worry about bugs until after the feature gets flushed out and then we go back in to make sure the end result works as expected.
That 80/20 life!

That's probably because they don't. They have different development branches and last minute changes / fixes might not make it down the line. Also the fixes that make some things in a release work might be temporary solutions and they try to find and fix the root cause for the next release.
Then they implement something new and it all gets broken again lol
If I remember correctly they showed in a video late last year that they use GitHub, which is notorious for having issues with that due to it having very poor versioning logic.

Forgot your password?