3.6 rocks next month!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
. . .though it's more like 2 months from now, given it will likely be the end of June.

What are you looking forward to?

Myself, I am waiting breathlessly for the Bounty Hunting dynamic to come into its own, and for the Vanguard Sentinel and Harbinger. I'm very interested to see how the Sentinel's new functions perform and whether it makes a good 2 man bounty bird. If you can actually mask your sig and sneak up looking like an Aurora, fire disabling S3 and S4 missiles outside your target's range (Arrester IIIs are supposed to have almost 24 km range!), use the Absolution Distortion Scattergun to paralyze at close range, or just walk a pair of guys into a bar where you expect your bounty will be, and be able to fit a bound hostage on the way out. . .it all sounds good to me.

What is this weapon at time index 7:50?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R00Cy97BBf4

Are there any personal weapons in game yet intended to stun?

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
While I fully understand the significance and how radar signatures work, I dont think they are used hardly at all in game yet. If there is evidence of players using radar signatures, please link it!
Honestly, I already forgot we have radar screens that actually work now (mostly anyways), they weren't working like 90% of the time before and the hud was more than enough to keep track of your target lol

I don't know if there's anything interesting coming in 3.6 apart from the general improvements, some ships I don't own, and some weapons I have no use for yet.

Will they finally upgrade the AI in 3.6 to be anything but the dumb and annoying kamikaze pilots we had since 2.x?!

Yesterday in 3.5 I tried the new- (to me at least) "bounty" mission, it spawned a buccaneer at the target location, and it kept jousting and crashing into me until it exploded. I was in a base Mustang, and could barely hit it (with the autoaim on as well) fast enough to deplete it's shields and cause any real damage. Those stock lasers caused way too little damage for their rate of fire and speed of the enemy. It was anything but fun overall. More like annoying, then after 2-3 minutes, just plain boring.
Can't we have the Arena Commander AI in PU as well? At least they do something other than aimless jousting and crashing... they stop in the middle of empty space for no reason so it's easier to hit them and they do hit you back sometimes 😂😂

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Ya there seems to be a bug with the AI in the PU. Also how long the servers been up greatly impacts your ability to hit targets (ie your client says you hit the target but the servers disagree which is why damage seems so low).

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Bounty hunting with an 890J could potentially be a thing if you work the sting operation right. Law enforcement agencies periodically send out "prize winning notifications" to those with warrants to see if they are stupid enough or greedy enough to walk right into the trap, identify themselves & be arrested under the guise of receiving something for free.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yesterday in 3.5 I tried the new- (to me at least) "bounty" mission, it spawned a buccaneer at the target location, and it kept jousting and crashing into me until it exploded. I was in a base Mustang, and could barely hit it (with the autoaim on as well) fast enough to deplete it's shields and cause any real damage.
That's a perfect opportunity to test out the Vanguard sporting the S5 Absolution Distortion Cannon. It fires a spray of pellets and not many of them would need to hit a Bucky to knock it senseless. I'd love to see a vid of that, and to find out what happens with the Bucky after you catch your prey.

If oyu get to keep the Bucky, then you can justofy two man bounty teams. Somehow I doubt that's what CIG has in mind however. Now if the bounty is a PC rather than an NPC, things may be different.

Forgot your password?