3.8 PTU testing, Warning Spoil Alert!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Indeed lots of players approach this the same way. And in fact, the mission team was also doing the same thing and have been revamping their internal process to stop it.
Well then I'll revamp my thought processes on how I approach it.

Reactions: Bambooza

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Yeah that's amazing. I've heard a lot of people complaing that they're making QT too arcadey by speeding up QT. But, if the SC Wiki numbers and the StarMap numbers are accurate or close to accurate Stanton is only 5AU diameter, Pyro is 17AU, Nyx is 39AU, and Odin is 21AU. So I'm pretty sure that Stanton is a fairly small system compared to most others and the faster QT will make the game massively more accessible while still feeling "real" compared to what we had.

The StarMap has Port Olisar to Arccorp as 1.93au. That is 12:16 with the fastest Size 1 QT part, 8:18 (Size 2 QT), and 5:13 (Size 3 QT)

So, imagine you're going from Port Olisar to the Nyx system (22.88AU total distance). That is 1.8au from PO to the Pyro Jump Point, then the Pyro/Stanton JP to the Pyro/Nyx JP is 19.72au (nearly 10x the distance of PO to Arccorp). With the 3.7 QT speed, that's ball-parking (i'm not doing the full math lol) 130 minutes for fastest Size 1 QT part, 90 minutes with Size 2 QT, and 60 minutes with Size 3 QT. YIKES that's a long time.

If @Esctasy is right with 231% faster they cut that down to around 45minutes (size 1 QT), 30 minutes (size 2 QT), and 18 minutes (Size 3 QT). Still really long time but way better and in the right direction for the gameplay/fun vs realism/sim argument.

***Now, I can't use the real math as the numbers don't seem to work. 1AU is supposedly 149,598,000 Km, the round trip is 22.88AU totalling 3,422,802,240 Km. The DPS calculator size has the fastest Size 3 QT drive running at 133904.7 Km/s and that math claims that it would take 7 hours 6 minutes and 1 second. And the DPS calculator site states a upgraded Cat is 5:13 from PO to Arccorp which would actually be 1475100 km/s. So I'm ball-parking the QT times above with some mental math so I know that I'm not super accurate but it's close enough to give us a HUGE difference if the 231% is accurate. And I really hope that it is.
A Star Citizen AU is supposed to be about 1/8th a real AU or some such nonsense. That would be why your math doesn't work.

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
I haven't been able to spend much time in the PTU yet, but I have gotten in there to take a quick look around. The best thing that I have seen so far is the ability to pick where you spawn the first time which is something that I have been wanting for a while. They have also added a lot of new mission that you can get into right from the start including a mission type that has you clearing people from a mining claim, the one time I was able to make it to the mission point there was something like 9 security drones that have to be taken out before you get to the actual enemies. I tried to solo that in a Buccaneer and it did not go well. So it seems that they are putting in missions that require you to work with someone to get them done and that is probably the thing that they have needed most for a long time now.

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
My only hope is they really do implement the Agent Smith concept that would allow you to jump quickly into an NPC skin on a friend's ship.
I would like to work as well with non-player persons (persons who have not purchased the game but I want to play with them using my innumerable accounts), I mean, to use the NPC as a common account temporarily (limited of course with same agent-smithing limitations).

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?