4.0 is Here!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
IF what we've been hearing about the player count tests are accurate & reliably repeatable if not turn out better, then it seems as though the inclusion of Pyro into the Verse won't cause either system to become empty. Though it won't surprise me if the 1st few months with Pyro available, more players will be checking out & TESTing Pyro than remaining in Stanton. Regardless, I'm looking forward to this definite progression.

NomadicHavoc

Captain
Donor
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
NomadicHavoc
PSA - When you get to take your first dive through the wormhole, pick a ship that has a good view from the flight deck. Yes, for the visuals AND to give yourself a chance of staying within the tunnel. It's a rollercoaster folks.
Did you get to try 4.0 in EVO? If yes, please share your impression. If no, that’s just a good idea. The 600i or 890 Jump sounds like a hoot to try 1st.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Did you get to try 4.0 in EVO? If yes, please share your impression. If no, that’s just a good idea. The 600i or 890 Jump sounds like a hoot to try 1st.
Yes, Evo had some fun yesterday. CIG put up a 4:100 shard, set up with 2 game servers on each side of the wormhole. Using it was much simpler than they've shown in the past: Jump to the Gateway, fly over to the light in NAV mode. When the ship is close enough to the entrance a set of circles will show up in the HUD to help alignment. Once aligned, doubletap whatever button you are using to activate your quantum drive and it will grab you!

You'll need to fly the ship to stay within the tunnel and avoid the obstacles. In this iteration there are turns that are quite sharp so it was not uncommon for some of the larger ships to hit the walls and get spit out waaaaaaay out.

600i would be perfect :) C1 and the Zeus CL were popular choices ( the ES was my first choice but it had a fuel bug :/ ). I took a DUR through, thus the PSA above.

Patch overall was good for a first Evo release. Lots of Server Errors and many CTD's, but for the most part recovery worked and put you back in the right place. One really fun aspect was the ability to spawn in Pyro and explore there; My first transit was actually coming From Pyro into Stanton.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm greatly appreciative of the efforts of our brave avocados & hope that their help will enable CIG to make the launch of 4.0 as smooth as possible, because let's face it, there will be a LOT of eyes on how well this goes, especially since I suspect that CIG will host a Free Fly Event to go with the 4.0 launch, even though that's a stupid idea IMO.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
PSA - When you get to take your first dive through the wormhole, pick a ship that has a good view from the flight deck. Yes, for the visuals AND to give yourself a chance of staying within the tunnel. It's a rollercoaster folks.
Remember too to choose ships with extended range. Pyro is spread out some. 315P, Vanguards, MSR, Atlas drive, Hemera, all good choices.

Forgot your password?