4-way SLI, Korea, and Seung

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
So someone asked me why I was selling my 4-way SLI and going to 2-way SLI. I said I would make a post because its a little funny.

This last month my computer was on 24/7 all month and I hardly played but my wife had left her game on so the computer never shut down. So my electricity bill came and I though fuck thats a lot well guess I'll pay. Paid bill no worries, until I got a knock on the door from the apartment management office stating concern over my large electricity bill. Told them it was a mistake and it wouldn't happen, and that it was on my dollar no charge to apartment. No that wasn't going to do, there was much discussion and hints that if I didn't reduce my electricity I would be fined (WTF). I said that I paid my bills and was never late, and my house is technologically ran, everything is connected via some sort of computer. My TV has a NUC, 2 PC's, 2 Laptops, 3 Tablets, 2 phones, even my daughter has a toddler learning laptop thing. Even my slow cooker can be connected via remote means. It got rather heated and my wife asked to downgrade until we moved. So I bought a x99 micro 2, sold off my kingpins and sit here brooding. Seung is to blame for this though somehow. The good news is that the 1080 is pretty damn powerful GPU at only 180w. Still pissed though, and now my wife is asking that if we could sell her 980 for a 1080...

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So someone asked me why I was selling my 4-way SLI and going to 2-way SLI. I said I would make a post because its a little funny.

This last month my computer was on 24/7 all month and I hardly played but my wife had left her game on so the computer never shut down. So my electricity bill came and I though fuck thats a lot well guess I'll pay. Paid bill no worries, until I got a knock on the door from the apartment management office stating concern over my large electricity bill. Told them it was a mistake and it wouldn't happen, and that it was on my dollar no charge to apartment. No that wasn't going to do, there was much discussion and hints that if I didn't reduce my electricity I would be fined (WTF). I said that I paid my bills and was never late, and my house is technologically ran, everything is connected via some sort of computer. My TV has a NUC, 2 PC's, 2 Laptops, 3 Tablets, 2 phones, even my daughter has a toddler learning laptop thing. Even my slow cooker can be connected via remote means. It got rather heated and my wife asked to downgrade until we moved. So I bought a x99 micro 2, sold off my kingpins and sit here brooding. Seung is to blame for this though somehow. The good news is that the 1080 is pretty damn powerful GPU at only 180w. Still pissed though, and now my wife is asking that if we could sell her 980 for a 1080...
This instantly enraged me. Someone trying to tell me they were going to fine me because my bill was too high for something?
"Who the flying fuck are you ignorant pricks to be sticking your goddamned noses into my household and my finances and my bills and my privacy etc etc etc."

Lol, I agree with @CrudeSasquatch, sound alike they need to get 'humped'.

Sounds like you need to find out why Seung is to blame so you can't lay blame where blame is due. Haha.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Is a strange thing to happen, if you paying the bill, who cares how much power your using. Still, I think 4way is alittle overrated and certainly not cost effective for money outlaid vs performance. Most things are only 2way optimied, few 3way, god knows about 4. Have seen benchmarks where atlot of game actually perform worse on 3way and 4way due to the lack of optimization by the software companies.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
This instantly enraged me. Someone trying to tell me they were going to fine me because my bill was too high for something?
"Who the flying fuck are you ignorant pricks to be sticking your goddamned noses into my household and my finances and my bills and my privacy etc etc etc."

Lol, I agree with @CrudeSasquatch, sound alike they need to get 'humped'.

Sounds like you need to find out why Seung is to blame so you can't lay blame where blame is due. Haha.
It gets worst can only take recycling out on wednesday and sunday, and even then only in morning or night, not during daytime. So I'm fucked if I work nights on those days. Trash is any day, but again night and morning only. If you have kids and your kids make noise, you are required to buy cushion mats. My downstairs neighbor complain about me getting up in middle of night to piss, so every noise is complained about. So my house is filled with fucking cushioned mats. If dogs bark they are required to have vocal surgery, Military Housing Office backed me on this and told the apartment group to fuck off saying that my dogs were normal barking at certain times and doing so is considered by USA animal cruelty. You can ride your bike on the marked paths, but the longest marked path is like 100 meters long, then you have to get off walk to next marked path and continue riding. When we got here it was different, brand new apartments, recycle/trash every day at any time. Bicycles could be used on any path wider than 4 feet. This new council for the apartments was never asked for but these old folks made it up and are some ornery fuckers with no real complaints so they have to make some up. Young people don't have time for their meetings as its during work hours, so no one can object.

Reactions: Blind Owl
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Is a strange thing to happen, if you paying the bill, who cares how much power your using. Still, I think 4way is alittle overrated and certainly not cost effective for money outlaid vs performance. Most things are only 2way optimied, few 3way, god knows about 4. Have seen benchmarks where atlot of game actually perform worse on 3way and 4way due to the lack of optimization by the software companies.
I play the game called "Synthetic Benchmark" its the biggest P2W game ever. people like kingpin and russianJ dominate that game. I have a few myself but nowhere near top 50. Noticeably because I don't pay for the real life item called "LN2"

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I agree with the above, tell him to "hump"himself. And go get yourself an electric car to show him how responsible you are.
Already pre ordered my tesla model 3. Problem is korea has a bunch of restrictions on electric cars because they dont have the infrastructure to support car charging in the road. Though my orders to leave korea should happen around me getting my model 3 and going hopefully to germany.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
That sounds like a nightmare. SCREW YOU APARTMENT COMPANY!!!

Have you read through the fine print in you're agreement / deeds? I would be very surprised if there was anything in there that supported you being kicked out due to high electricity usage

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
So your in Korea? Hopefully not North or that might explain it! LOL :D Is it cultural differences maybe? Have been to Malaysia myself and it was totally different to what I was used too. Good for a holiday, wouldnt want to live there.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Holy cow, that place sounds like a nightmare to live in. They obviously don't understand the glory of PC Master race.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It gets worst can only take recycling out on wednesday and sunday, and even then only in morning or night, not during daytime. So I'm fucked if I work nights on those days. Trash is any day, but again night and morning only. If you have kids and your kids make noise, you are required to buy cushion mats. My downstairs neighbor complain about me getting up in middle of night to piss, so every noise is complained about. So my house is filled with fucking cushioned mats. If dogs bark they are required to have vocal surgery, Military Housing Office backed me on this and told the apartment group to fuck off saying that my dogs were normal barking at certain times and doing so is considered by USA animal cruelty. You can ride your bike on the marked paths, but the longest marked path is like 100 meters long, then you have to get off walk to next marked path and continue riding. When we got here it was different, brand new apartments, recycle/trash every day at any time. Bicycles could be used on any path wider than 4 feet. This new council for the apartments was never asked for but these old folks made it up and are some ornery fuckers with no real complaints so they have to make some up. Young people don't have time for their meetings as its during work hours, so no one can object.
I was starting to wonder where in God's name would have these kind of rules. Upon further reading, I'm seeing that you're posted to South Korea.

Man oh man, I have no patience for stupid. I'll just sit over here and pray you get your posting to Germany.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
Already pre ordered my tesla model 3. Problem is korea has a bunch of restrictions on electric cars because they dont have the infrastructure to support car charging in the road. Though my orders to leave korea should happen around me getting my model 3 and going hopefully to germany.
Germany recently started subventioning E-Cars, so if you come here and Korea doesn't like them, it might be a smart move to order that Model 3 with the subvention (I think it's 4000€ for E-Cars and 3000€ for Hybrids).

That said, Diesels are quite cheap here atm. because people go nuts about "Dieselgate"... xD

Forgot your password?