4K+ members?

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
I still think this is the right Org for me, but I was kind of blown away when I saw that Test has over 4K members on RSI.

How does a guild that size work? How do folks find a seat on the capital ships? Just curious how it was envisioned managing that many people would work.

If there is a place for me to read about this then just point me over.

E

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
Woah, easy on the organization of the organization there killer.

First off, TEST is all about drinking, having a good time, and blowing stuff up. We haven't bothered to dig into the details as to how ships will be manned, because until the PU alpha comes out it's all guess work.

Secondly, TEST has a fantastic Chain of Command. Montoya frequently beats people with it so everyone understands their place.

Erroll if you want to chat with most of the active people in the Org either hit up the chatroll or hop in Teamspeak, we love fresh meat, I mean free people in TS.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Whats a guild. I joined an organization after extensive research on careerbuilder, glassdoor, and linkedin. It took many interviews (both phone and in person) and decades of college to make it into this organization.....

How does this work... we drink. I hear there is a game coming out that we can drink in too..... You got an extra seat in your ship. I may just sit there and pass out. Bump me if you want me to shoot the pew pew thingies...

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
Didn't mean to be "that" guy. I am cool with it all. It just boggled my mind how something that big worked and wondering if you all had thoughts about.

I already dropped my hello thread in the intro forum. Just curious.

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
This, btw, just proves what I have always known, I should never send emails or post on message boards in the AM.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
I hereby name Erroll master quartermaster general of the potato chips. Wear your title well sir.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Didn't mean to be "that" guy. I am cool with it all. It just boggled my mind how something that big worked and wondering if you all had thoughts about.

I already dropped my hello thread in the intro forum. Just curious.
We work the same way as a 400 man org, just 10x bigger.

One word, lots of syllables:

Compartmentalization

5000 is not big.

There are Eve alliances in the 15,000 range, its just a matter of scaling up the infrastructure accordingly.

Reactions: Dalarast

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
Years of home brewing and I end up herding chips. Ahh the humanity! I need a drink.

I look forward to many nights of Mentalization on my Comp.

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
Yeah I got that. I will be sad to see my personal org lost but that's life in the fast lane.

Reactions: ghost53574

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
How does a guild that size work? How do folks find a seat on the capital ships? Just curious how it was envisioned managing that many people would work.

If there is a place for me to read about this then just point me over.
Day 2 and he's asking about Org hierarchy and where the secrets are kept... he's a spy! and you've gone and made him master quartermaster general, of our prized chips!

It looks like this:
Montoya > everyone

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
Any special brews on tap this xmas?
Missed this. Yeah.. Right now I have a pale ale (Simcoe/Centennial/Columbus) and a big IPA, (Bravo/Citra/Crystal). I am brewing one more this season before Christmas. Not sure yet but probably something with Bravo and Simcoe because thats what I have and a little more sessionable since it will be heavy football season.

Captain Easy

Commander
Nov 19, 2014
RSI Handle
captaineasy
One of the greatest lessons I learned from a career in the Navy was:

Work hard and play harder.

This actually creates a camaraderie that is unequaled. When having a good/fun time is part of the equation people come together and do things in ways that otherwise require less desirable means. At times I will want to take the weapons console on someone's ship and wipe out the opponent. At other times I will want to laugh my ass off as we spiral into the Sun cause we're drunk. In this group I will be judged for our easy going attitude instead of performance or attendance.

Example: Years ago I joined a bowling league of serious (damn serious!) bowlers. The team we put together called ourselves the 'Consumers'. Yep, because we consumed lots of beer. The league, after one match, wanted to expel us for our lack of serious play and behavior. They didn't and we didn't change either. We ended up as first place champions in the league.

You're in the right place. Go with that gut feeling that led you to...
Test Squadron Best Squardon

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Well we only have approx 1300 MAIN members. Everyone else is a dirty glory sucking affiliate that needs to convert.

But really running the org is fairly simple. Do what Black Sunder says and you'll be fine.

Montoya glares at Sunder

"What? Our organizational Tesseract leaves a lot of room to interpret things here"

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Well we only have approx 1300 MAIN members. Everyone else is a dirty glory sucking affiliate that needs to convert.

But really running the org is fairly simple. Do what Black Sunder says and you'll be fine.

Montoya glares at Sunder

"What? Our organizational Tesseract leaves a lot of room to interpret things here"
TEST-Cover.jpg

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
As far as ship slots we have a few hundred multi crew ships so seats to go around.

So it's Montoya > Sueng > Myself here. If anyone tells you otherwise I shall send the KGB after then.

Forgot your password?