600i getting a gold standard rework : Video review

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
The exterior of the 600i is for me the best ship design CIG has made so far: simple, sleeak, very minimalistic on the first view, but at the same time very intricated if you pay attention.

The explorer variant is the best of the two, the only think I really really don't linke is the pothole-style windows looking dows in the main room, that is a fall in style tha t really don't fit in there.
For the rest I've little complain and the only think I'll change is removing the pooltable area and use that space for some bikes hangar: after alla your guest will probably like to spen some time shoreside visiting the place you dock, just like you do in a today cruise.
The exploration variant is the worst one with the entire "scanning room" being a big wast of space. I get the feeling GIC is going for, but the implementation fall really far for that.
The rear bar section in the explorarion variant is a bit weird and fell out of place, but that is a conseguence of the modular design CIG has gone for.

I'm really intrigue by the rework description and since the G-Lev rework and the X1 being on the roadmap I'll expect a dedicated bike hangar for the exploration variant, carrying over the idea of the 400i and expanding on them.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
CIG has done a nice job raising the bar on ship interior quality.

Glad to see them going back to address classics, especially the love for the Starfarer after all this time.

Reactions: White Lando

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul
I had a 600 once upon a time because of its perfect size and the hope that the explorer and touring modules could be swappable.
I melted it due to the wasted internal spaces.
The gold pass brings more hope for me in terms of:
- they mentioned the modile/variant location would be moved from middle to back
- internal room layout rework

Not excited for:
- origin/cig seems to always think luxury means wasted space...I dont think that will change with this gold pass

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
You can tell they've grown, evolved, and found their groove on ship design.
I'm just not sure they have a static definition of gold standard. So who knows how many more times ships will need touched up in the future. And the more ships they add, the more time reworks are obviously going to take.

But yeah ... some of the older designs desperately need modernized to their new standards. They're that much better.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
You can tell they've grown, evolved, and found their groove on ship design.
I'm just not sure they have a static definition of gold standard. So who knows how many more times ships will need touched up in the future. And the more ships they add, the more time reworks are obviously going to take.

But yeah ... some of the older designs desperately need modernized to their new standards. They're that much better.
Well as explained in the last SCL "gold standard" isn't in fact a static set of caracteristics: "gold standard" basically mean "on par with the current state of development".
With the current state of development "gold standard" mean a correct metrics for player and NPC too navigate the ship, phisicalized components, door and light control pannel, and, I assume, setting all the connetors that will be used in the future to switch to phisicalized damage and proper material caracteristics.

About the future I'm not that worried about: CIG has learn a lot about how to build ships and make them "future proof", so even if there will be some update needed that won't a so colossal work as it seams... ot at least I hope so.

Graf_Orlock

Space Marshal
Apr 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Graf_Orlock
I actually like the rear rec room section of the explorer but they could've definitely scaled it down to a smaller footprint. I'll miss the pool table if it's gone but I hope they leave me a bar at least, I get thirsty.

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
There is a lot of space for them to make use of, Im curious to see what they do with it!

good video about an amazing ship, easily the best looking ship in game. That skin in the thumbnail is spectacular, anyone know how to get it?

Forgot your password?