RSI Handle
vahadar

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Mmmm cant wait to get some banu in me swimming pool.

Mentalic

Vice Admiral
Jun 13, 2021
RSI Handle
Mentalic
This could take at least two years before we see it in production.
I would bet release in a year at the next IAE. Around the same time, they may announce some other major rework that will undoubtedly take "considerable" dev time.

CIG can quietly print money with carefully scheduled reworks without needing to make a bunch of brand new ships.

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
I would bet release in a year at the next IAE. Around the same time, they may announce some other major rework that will undoubtedly take "considerable" dev time.

CIG can quietly print money with carefully scheduled reworks without needing to make a bunch of brand new ships.
do you sell tinfoil hats by any chance?

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone

Marketing aside.. reworking ships is one of the last things they want to do. 'Finishing ships' is part of the plan (and a huge part of their acknowledged tech debt) but having to task very busy people with years worth of backlog to go back and redo a thing does not make anyone happy. As the game has evolved the demands required of a ship have forced some reworks/reconcepting, and we will see more of that for sure.. scope creep is real.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Glad to see the rework.

Not thrilled that they are noncommittal to the reward 600i remaining the explorer vs. the luxury variant.
Not to put too fine a point on it, my good man, but wouldn't you say that is such a pedestrian detail? Let the artists do their aaaaahhrrrrrt... here, this bottle cost as much as a 600i's engine, it should take your mind off such trivial matters.

Seriously, for those who have this as a reward, they've probably got one of each getting to that point.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Marketing aside.. reworking ships is one of the last things they want to do. 'Finishing ships' is part of the plan (and a huge part of their acknowledged tech debt) but having to task very busy people with years worth of backlog to go back and redo a thing does not make anyone happy. As the game has evolved the demands required of a ship have forced some reworks/reconcepting, and we will see more of that for sure.. scope creep is real.
for the pricepoint of the 600i explorer ship it just doesnt live up to it costs and doesnt provide really anything in compared with some of the other ships. i melted mine i think 2 years ago and got a carrack package. hard to take that ship seriously. it was beautiful but needs alot more fine tuning.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Not to put too fine a point on it, my good man, but wouldn't you say that is such a pedestrian detail?
No, I would not share that perspective. I view it as CIG potentially suggesting they might create a $450-scale issue for loyal backers to buy a new or extra ship they might not want. I'm a Legatus backer and specifically have avoided the 600i Exploration because I have it as a reward. And because I don't need the 600i twice, so I've avoided the Touring model. If CIG changes the reward from a exploration to touring model, they would essentially be removing value from the reward while simultaneously causing backers to spend more to get back to where they were. A double whammy. For me the point is isn't about cash, its about how customers are advertised then later treated. Business principles, including standing behind advertising, matter. Let's see how they do with this.

Last edited:

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
for the pricepoint of the 600i explorer ship it just doesnt live up to it costs and doesnt provide really anything in compared with some of the other ships. i melted mine i think 2 years ago and got a carrack package. hard to take that ship seriously. it was beautiful but needs alot more fine tuning.
That they acknowledged it didn't live up to expectations was refreshing for me; simply because it didn't. Don't own one largely because of what you say here, it didn't offer enough for the price, AND the old Explorer Package offered a lot more ship for slightly more cash. When I decided to move up from the starter pack it was not a difficult choice.

With the stated addition of the medbay the 600i moves into the realm of the 'serious' explorer vs a daytripper, giving a small team the ability to stay out and stay together. I am also curious about impact on reputation.. although those comments are quite old, the reputation system is a reality and at some point modifiers to it are going to happen.

Last edited:

Mentalic

Vice Admiral
Jun 13, 2021
RSI Handle
Mentalic
The real x-factor for the 600i will be the modularity. Being able to switch to luxury touring is neat and opens up another gameplay loop in the (likely very distant) future. This was always a future plus for me - even with its current wonky layout.

With this rework coming, I'm gonna be saying bye bye to my Carrack. I am not a huge fan of the Carrack's bridge or manned turrets. I barely use the thing and when I do, I find myself not liking the interior. The 600i just looks like it will be more fun with less crew with an interior that uses better design principles.

Forgot your password?